What's new

How many nuclear submarine does China have

apiSubmarine

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think china 094 submarine which can go 8000 Km, and stay over 3 month under water .
10dfa9ec8a13632724f91241918fa0ec08fac7a8.jpg

I think Type 096 is also a nuclear submarine but type 092 is a nuclear submarine,

Most important thing is how stealthy they are when it comes to detection, if they are very quite and can avoid detection from modern surveillance systems then they are potent threat.

The Type 094 is slightly noisier than the Ohio class, but if it sails slower, then it will still be very hard to detect.

PS, with the 12000KM range SLBM, you don't need to sail it too far away.

Most important thing is how stealthy they are when it comes to detection, if they are very quite and can avoid detection from modern surveillance systems then they are potent threat.
China nuclear submarine often stay at Indian Ocean under water and hidden. carry 18 missile

I think china have an upgrade version wich is 094 G much better, 800 mi deepwater

There are rumors claimed that the latest version of the Type 094 can carry up to 16 SLBMs, but I am just not quite sure about that.

BTW, China's nuclear sub can reach the limit of 450-500 meters in submerging, that's quite sure.

Last edited:

I read that type 93 and 94 is quite noisy and PLA is not satisfied with it.

I read that type 93 and 94 is quite noisy and PLA is not satisfied with it.

The Type 093/094 is not great compared to best of the US subs, that's why we are not satisfied.

But calling them noisy is too much, since even a noisy nuclear sub can be quite silent if it is sailing in low speed.

Even the Type 091 was not so easy to detect when we are sailing it to the coast of Yemen, and even the US didn't notice its presence until the Type 091 was surfaced for the replenishment.

How do you know that it has not been detected? Maybe the its been tracked by a la oo Cir class sub...

In any case, it's much more difficult to track a sub than surface ship.

True. Unless China can detect Virginia or la class subs and then verify its not around, China cannot confirm that these two type of subs can't track type 91-94.

Type 091: 3 in service
Type 092: 1 in service, but the rumor said 3
Type 093: 6 in service
Type 094: 6 in service
Type 095: 1 in service according to the rumor
Type 096: 1 in sea trial
About 10x~15x , the detail number of China nuclear-subs is a secret ... maybe more coz recent years China built many warships & subs at different shipyards (the nuclear-sub shipyard is still confidential, even Chinese few persons saw it/them.)

Back
Top Bottom