What's new

How did Osama live undetected in Pakistan? Report ready, but not public

Cherokee

Reaction score
Country
India
Islamabad: A Pakistan judicial commission submitted findings on Thursday from its investigation into how Osama bin Laden lived in the country undetected for years until his killing by US special forces, officials said, but the report might never be revealed.

The commission was appointed 18 months ago, in what was welcomed as a chance to get to the bottom of one of the most embarrassing episodes in Pakistani history, but its findings could remain classified.

The Pakistani government set up the five-member panel after US Navy SEALs conducted a secret raid on a compound in the garrison city of Abbottabad on May 2, 2011, killing bin Laden without informing Islamabad until afterwards.

Parliament demanded an independent investigation into how bin Laden had been able to hide and whether there was any government or military collusion.

The commission's chairman, retired judge Javed Iqbal, submitted the report to Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Thursday, a statement from Ashraf's office said.

Pakistani officials say Ashraf will decide whether to keep the report classified or make it public, but observers have said they expect little of substance to be revealed.

The commission interviewed senior civilian and military officials and the three widows of bin Laden before they were deported to Saudi Arabia in April last year.

Pakistani-US ties drastically deteriorated over the bin Laden raid, which prompted accusations of incompetence or complicity against the military.

Relations slumped to a fresh low after botched US air strikes killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November 2011, but diplomats say the relationship improved after Pakistan re-opened its Afghan land crossings to NATO goods after a seven-month suspension.

He was never undetected fully really. Some powerful and influential circles in PA and ISI are always aware of his presence

Osama lived in pakistan by ISI's blessings... it's as simple as that.

Did the Commission interview Mush? This is the guy who probably was the mastermind behind Osama's comfortable stay in Abbottabad along with his concubines! :P

Then you must have the evidence, kindly share it with us.

World's most wanted terrorist living near major military place for almost 7 years in posh bunglow with all the facilities. Still you need more proof?

World's most wanted terrorist living near major military place for almost 7 years in posh bunglow with all the facilities. Still you need more proof?

Yeah, don't get me wrong, the whole wold knows that bharties words are as good as gold. Anytime a bharti says something it is 300% true. But still, that logical part of my brain says that you need evidence before you can say stupid stuff and expect people to believe you

Yeah, don't get me wrong, the whole wold knows that bharties words are as good as gold. Anytime a bharti says something it is 300% true. But still, that logical part of my brain says that you need evidence before you can say stupid stuff and expect people to believe you

Sometimes ( like in Osama case) the facts are so clear and transparent that you can apply simple logic to understand the things. But if you want to close your eyes nobody can help. Right?

Then you must have the evidence, kindly share it with us.

The documents seized clearly say that he was in touch with ISI members.

Wait for the movie to unravel some more.

Sometimes ( like in Osama case) the facts are so clear and transparent that you can apply simple logic to understand the things. But if you want to close your eyes nobody can help. Right?

Must be the same kind of logic your courts use when dealing with crimes against women

Must be the same kind of logic your courts use when dealing with crimes against women

Crime against women is not what we discussing here. Isn't it!I hope basic understanding of the topic will prevail.

Crime against women is not what we discussing here. Isn't it!I hope basic understanding of the topic will prevail.

Just saying that there seems to be an underline method to indian logic.
No evidence needed, just run your mouth and that's good enough.

Just saying that there seems to be an underline method to indian logic.
No evidence needed, just run your mouth and that's good enough.

Your old friend US is also claiming the same. Its not only Indian's theory.

Oh boy, if the us says it, it must be true. That is why they found all those wmds in Iraq.

Talk is cheap, either provide evidence or shut your pie hole

Back
Top Bottom