What's new

How did Ethiopia break the siege and why did the Tigray forces retreat while very close to victory?

dBSPL

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Go on, PDF's defense and geopolitics experts, the question is in the title. Something inexplicable is happening again in Africa.

Tigrayan forces announce retreat to Ethiopia’s Tigray region
Forces from northern Tigray region announce withdrawal from neighbouring regions of Amhara and Afar.

Ethiopia govt claims capture of Tigrayan city from rebels
Ethiopia's government said on Wednesday its soldiers had recaptured a city in southern Tigray from Tigrayan fighters, marking its first major advance inside the war-torn region in many months and dashing hopes for peace following a rebel retreat.

Tigrayan forces announce retreat, but Ethiopia rejects peace overture

Apparently the Ethiopian army captured a few cities. Did they go on the offensive?

Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 19-25-02 Ethiopia latest news in English on live map - ethiopia liveu...png

Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed got Nobel Prize in 2019.
The curse of Nobel Prize continues.
He is a good guy but that doesn't mean he should become a Buddha

When you're in power tough decisions are needed and he taking them

I think most young/educated eithopeans are behind
He is a good guy in this story
But since it's a war so you know "good guy" is all about presepctive

Turkey...

But aside from that folks this would be something Turkey would deny vehemently and reject any involved or association because it will anger Cairo and Abu Dhabi hence Turkey have re-etablished relations with both states slowly hence it doesn't want to hijack their relations with them over the Ethiopian case.. But the asistance to Ethiopia happened before they re-ethablished ties but either way Turkey will deny this and even exit if they appraoch them over this.. Egypt and UAE want the war to fester and linger for years they were pumping arms into the Tigrayan forces one of the reasons they even came close to taking the capital was due to them

He is a good guy but that doesn't mean he should become a Buddha

When you're in power tough decisions are needed and he taking them

I think most young/educated eithopeans are behind
He is a good guy in this story
But since it's a war so you know "good guy" is all about presepctive
You sure he is not CIA/MI 6 agent?

Abiy holds a Master of Arts in transformational leadership[27] earned from the business school at Greenwich University, London

Turkey...

But aside from that folks this would be something Turkey would deny vehemently and reject any involved or association because it will anger Cairo and Abu Dhabi hence Turkey have re-etablished relations with both states slowly hence it doesn't want to hijack their relations with them over the Ethiopian case.. But the asistance to Ethiopia happened before they re-ethablished ties but either way Turkey will deny this and even exit if they appraoch them over this.. Egypt and UAE want the war to fester and linger for years they were pumping arms into the Tigrayan forces one of the reasons they even came close to taking the capital was due to them

The first thing that comes to mind is not always the right answer. Turkey is not the biggest investor country in Ethiopia neither.

Drones have proven to be very effective against Irregular armies or gurella militants. It is possible that tigray forces stretched themselves thin with wide scale offensive. If you ask me I think Ethiopian forces gave away their position to lure them out of rough terrain and into cities.

Drones have proven to be very effective against Irregular armies or gurella militants. It is possible that tigray forces stretched themselves thin with wide scale offensive. If you ask me I think Ethiopian forces gave away their position to lure them out of rough terrain and into cities.
Yep, I think drones have pretty much made it impossible for irregulars to march down in capitals and declare a "revolution"

Can change Africa especially forever- drones bring stability in this world against foreign founded militias trying to control centeral government

Yep, I think drones have pretty much made it impossible for irregulars to march down in capitals and declare a "revolution"

Can change Africa especially forever- drones bring stability in this world against foreign founded militias trying to control centeral government
Tigray militants had foreign interference written all over them. It is no coincidence that Tigrayians became active after Ethiopians refused to budge from construction of a strategic dam which effectively controls Nile waters. Egypt Israel and US were directly involved.

Tigray militants had foreign interference written all over them. It is no coincidence that Tigrayians became active after Ethiopians refused to budge from construction of a strategic dam which effectively controls Nile waters. Egypt Israel and US were directly involved.

Egypt Israel and US were directly involved.
This part is a little fuzzy for me. I find your claim logical and the use of Tigray forces by Egypt as a proxy is understandable. But what is the position of the USA and Israel in this conflict, for you?

This part is a little fuzzy for me. I find your claim logical and the use of Tigray forces by Egypt as a proxy is understandable. But what is the position of the USA and Israel in this conflict, for you?
It's all about water bcz in future wars will fought over it. Israel also has active interest in Nile waters. Egyptian and Israel interests are very similar at this point. US naturally is heavily invested in geo strategic security of both Nations. I mean have you ever heard of conflict where US is not involved overtly or covertly

Back
Top Bottom