What's new

High treason case likely to be filed against Altaf: Govt

SipahSalar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
High treason case likely to be filed against Altaf: Govt

Islamabad:
The Federal government has started consultation process with legal experts for the initiation of proceedings against MQM chief Altaf Hussain under article 6 of the constitution for making derogatory statements against the state institutions.

Sources revealed that political parties are mounting pressure on the government for registration of high treason case and initiation of stern action against the MQM chief. Provincial assemblies have started adopting resolutions on this count. Condemnation resolution has been tabled in Balochistan assembly and such resolutions are likely to be moved in other provincial assemblies as well.

The government is envisaging how to initiate proceedings against Altaf Hussain after registering a high treason case under article 6 against him.

Sources said that the federal government would seek legal and constitutional opinion from law ministry on this matter besides launching consultation process with the Pakistan Bar Council and provincial bar councils to solicit their opinion.

Federal government Lawyers wing is all set to work out recommendations in this regard and present them to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. Following the completion of this process, the government will seek yes nod from federal cabinet for launching proceedings against Altaf Hussain under article 6.

images

Under article 6? Bad move, very bad move! The government will give AH and MQM exactly what they wanted.

Under article 6? Bad move, very bad move! The government will give AH and MQM exactly what they wanted.
Ali tell me, since your'e in Malaysia do you think that such extreme kind of hate speech will be tolerated? They throw you in for sedition for just making drawings of PM's wife.
What AH did was open treason, its not an accusation but on live television he encouraged his followers to take up arms against the state, if that is not treason, I don't know what is. Its about time we call spade a spade, it will be good for Pakistan. Those who choose to believe in his lies will do so and have been doing so for decades. Nothing will convince them, state must deal with them as TTP and its elements are being dealt with.

Ali tell me, since your'e in Malaysia do you think that such extreme kind of hate speech will be tolerated? They throw you in for sedition for just making drawings of PM's wife.
What AH did was open treason, its not an accusation but on live television he encouraged his followers to take up arms against the state, if that is not treason, I don't know what is. Its about time we call spade a spade, it will be good for Pakistan. Those who choose to believe in his lies will do so and have been doing so for decades. Nothing will convince them, state must deal with them as TTP and its elements are being dealt with.
I am not apposing it am I? Altaf deserves to be tried and there are (or should) no two opinions on that but properly, saleeqey sey.

I am not apposing it am I? Altaf deserves to be tried and there are (or should) no two opinions on that but properly, saleeqey sey.
To that I completely agree with to set a precedent for once and all.

To that I completely agree with to set a precedent for once and all.
BTW, this swine deserves to be tried under the article 6 every bit more than AH. Looks like our priorities are not right.

BTW, this swine deserves to be tried under the article 6 every bit more than AH. Looks like our priorities are not right.

He is leading friday prayers in a mosque built illegally in the capital of a country which have lost over 90,000 of its citizens to his brand of religion. He should be sent to the gallows, directly.

MQM is a security threat, if god forbid someday we are tense situation with India, who exactly do you think Altaf will support, when he has repeatedly said treasonous statements against Pakistan..

This joker must be removed, along with his mafia, if we want to see peaceful Karachi.

As far as I knw high treason can't be against a British citizen . But we could ban a international gangster from our TV channels .

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif commended Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief’s move to tender an apology over his remarks against the army and state institutions and went on to say that matters pertaining to national interest are sensitive in nature and special care should be taken in this regard.

“One should think twice before passing on any comment about such sensitive matter,” said Nawaz while reacting to Altaf Hussain’s statement.

“Such irresponsible statements not only tarnish the image of national institutions, but also hurt sentiments of the general public,” he added.

The premier said that it is the government’s obligation to safeguard army’s integrity, as the institution is responsible for the state’s defence and security.

Nawaz further asserted that media should also abide by the code of conduct set for them. “Media houses should ensure that irresponsible statements made against national interest should not be broadcasted at any cost in future,” he said.

Earlier, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Chief Imran Khan had questioned Nawaz Sharif’s silence over Altaf Hussain’s controversial statement against the military leadership.

Know more: Altaf's remarks on army to be legally pursued: ISPR

Director-General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major-General Asim Bajwa had on Friday condemned the statements made by MQM chief Altaf Hussain in relation to the army, saying the matter would be pursued legally.

It is pertinent to mention that hours after a strong reaction from the army, the MQM chief apologised to “national security institutions” and “all patriots” for his remarks about the 1971 war and the call to India’s intelligence agency for help. He said he wanted to clarify that remarks seeking assistance from India’s Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) had been made just “satirically”.

Hussain was also all praise for the armed forces and said he had always had respect for the Pakistan Army.

The latest chain of statements began on Thursday when SSP Malir Rao Anwar made startling claims that two suspects that he had arrested – Tahir alias Lamba and Mama Junaid – belonged to the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and had been sent to India for anti-state training in the past.
Source: Nawaz welcomes Altaf Hussain's apology - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

There you go, he already sabotaged any efforts to do so. If now any action is taken against AH, it will be perceived as being done by Army since the prime minister already accepted AH's apology.

Let the MQM apologists defend this clown and his acts like they were defending AH drunken speech 2 days back for which that Drunken pig himself apologized..

Take a chill pill sharifs . He just had a meetha pan .

Back
Top Bottom