What's new

High level German delegation to visit Pakistan next month

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1425611345_BOIchairman_germanAmb.JPG

A high level German delegation will visit Pakistan for exploring investment opportunities in different sectors.

This was stated by the German Ambassador to Islamabad Dr. Cyrill Nunn during his meeting with Chairman Board of Investment Dr. Miftah Ismail in Islamabad.

The Ambassador said German investors are interested in all sectors of economy and intend to establish automobile units preferably in Karachi.

The Chairman said Board of Investment will welcome German businessmen and entrepreneurs and assured to extend all possible facilities to them.

Radio Pakistan

About Damn time German cars arrived in Pakistan and hopefully the monopoly of Japanese cars is broken.

1425611345_BOIchairman_germanAmb.JPG

A high level German delegation will visit Pakistan for exploring investment opportunities in different sectors.

This was stated by the German Ambassador to Islamabad Dr. Cyrill Nunn during his meeting with Chairman Board of Investment Dr. Miftah Ismail in Islamabad.

The Ambassador said German investors are interested in all sectors of economy and intend to establish automobile units preferably in Karachi.

The Chairman said Board of Investment will welcome German businessmen and entrepreneurs and assured to extend all possible facilities to them.

Radio Pakistan

Huge Chinese investment and discovery of many resources in Pakistan is going to change our economic condition in future, only thing we need is good leaders in govt. not the corrupt ones.

Huge Chinese investment and discovery of many resources in Pakistan is going to change our economic condition in future, only thing we need is good leaders in govt. not the corrupt ones.
all we need is end to load shedding. asad umar was once explaining how our economy can start running at top speed if only our electricity demand is fulfilled and if terrorism gets kicked out then coupled with energy we can have avg 5-6% growth without much effort.

About Damn time German cars arrived in Pakistan and hopefully the monopoly of Japanese cars is broken.

I would love to see that happen. Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi and Porsche are actually doing very well in the premium segment, despite the fact that our market is small. But a firm like Volkswagen is welcome, but for that to happen, government will need to provide incentives. Imagine if VW Golf GTi launched in Pakistan, it will beat the crap out of the Japanese crap like Honda, Suzuki and Toyota. The problem is, local assemblers are 'saith sahib' mentality, don't want their market to be disturbed. Every time a new policy is about to be considered, like reducing import taxes etc, they send a briefcase of money towards the Parliament and all is hush.

all we need is end to load shedding. asad umar was once explaining how our economy can start running at top speed if only our electricity demand is fulfilled and if terrorism gets kicked out then coupled with energy we can have avg 5-6% growth without much effort.

If security improved by 50%, and electricity and gas supplied even 20/24 hours a day, Pakistan will easily post 7-9% growth rates.

VW will make a killing here if launched properly. There is a large middle/upper class market that is sick of the locally produced Japanese stuff.

VW will make a killing here if launched properly. There is a large middle/upper class market that is sick of the locally produced Japanese stuff.
Ahan? If true then our roads must been flooded with Nissan,FAW,Proton,KIA and oh yes Adam cars already :lol:

Why would it be? An intelligent conclusion would be to realize that these cars are a Hobson's choice for most.. if you dont know what it is
Hobson's choice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So you're saying that German brand could outmatch the Japanese? As far as my understanding goes, Japanese were able to knock out American brands from US automobile market. German brands still fill the tag of very high income. There isn't much other than old german BMW trash in the price tag of middle class.

So you're saying that German brand could outmatch the Japanese? As far as my understanding goes, Japanese were able to knock out American brands from US automobile market. German brands still fill the tag of very high income. There isn't much other than old german BMW trash in the price tag of middle class.

You are mistaking manufacturing quality and reliability abroad for similar standards within Pakistan.
Take the reason for the popularity of Japanese second hand imports; they posed a threat to the domestic Japanese manufacturers market hold because even after being used and generally suspect cars.. they offered better build quality, performance and features five years ago when compared to the latest the local manufactured products could offer.

Moreover, you make another false assumption that somehow any German offering will be of BMW. When VW can if it wants offer anything from its VW brand lineup or from the Skoda line. Brands that cost no more than their Japanese counterparts in other markets.

You are mistaking manufacturing quality and reliability abroad for similar standards within Pakistan.
Take the reason for the popularity of Japanese second hand imports; they posed a threat to the domestic Japanese manufacturers market hold because even after being used and generally suspect cars.. they offered better build quality, performance and features five years ago when compared to the latest the local manufactured products could offer.
Most of the models that are imported are not the ones which are being locally built. But then again, these models are 1) Different in attribute 2)Generally economical in price. One of the key price drives is the aftersale value in Pakistan. That's precisely why you can have a Lancer in roughly the price of a new mehran despite Lancer offering better performance. Or you can have KIA models at par or better with Suzuki made compact cars. So demand for imported cars is not merely because people don't like locally manufactured cars (which still sell at an own btw). There are many different reason why these models fit the pockets of purchases.
Moreover, you make another false assumption that somehow any German offering will be of BMW. When VW can if it wants offer anything from its VW brand lineup or from the Skoda line. Brands that cost no more than their Japanese counterparts in other markets.
Thats true, but we will have to see which of the automakers (if any) decide to set local manufacturing base.

Oscar, the reason local assembles have shyt quality is because there is no concept of quality control in Pakistan because these factories owned by 'Saith Sahib' with his paindu fondness for making money. Back in late 90s and early 2000s, Toyota Corolla ( a car that sells more than aalo samosas here in Pakistan) had some serious quality issues. Toyota Japan got hold of the situation and forced Indus Motors to make necessary amends or risk losing their Toyota name. Currently 3 year old used cars are allowed in Pakistan and you see all sorts of Pikachu cars roaming the streets, with engines smaller than the toaster i have. They do have added flashy gadgets and airbags, but a lot of them are accidented repair cars. 90% of the 'Auction' cars that are sold had had serious or major accidents repaired, which in developed world would not be allowed on the road. The auction sheets are fake, and per car the seller/importer is making around 90,000 rupees to 250,000 rupees. Airbags have been removed, crumple zones cut and re-welded. You cannot see this by just looking at the car from the outside, but the average joe cannot tell the difference. What point in having an airbag when you don't wear a seat belt? The next thing is, since these JDM cars don't have official dealers, they are hell cumbersome to repair. Try asking for the side mirrors for a Toyota Vitz that you just bought....or good luck getting the Transmission/Engine diagnosed via the ECU.
The only way Pakistan will have good quality cars is if Government stops helping the local assemblers and force them to offer the same features that manufacturers offers elsewhere in the world. That means, 6 Airbags for Civic and Corolla, force regulations such as cars having a minimum of all wheel disc brakes, ABS etc.

I would love to see that happen. Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi and Porsche are actually doing very well in the premium segment, despite the fact that our market is small. But a firm like Volkswagen is welcome, but for that to happen, government will need to provide incentives. Imagine if VW Golf GTi launched in Pakistan, it will beat the crap out of the Japanese crap like Honda, Suzuki and Toyota. The problem is, local assemblers are 'saith sahib' mentality, don't want their market to be disturbed. Every time a new policy is about to be considered, like reducing import taxes etc, they send a briefcase of money towards the Parliament and all is hush.
Agreed i have been watching the Suzuki Mehran car of the common Pakistani in more than 30 years it changed it front grill and nothing more. Hell only recently cars in Pakistan moved to a engine which does not have a ignition distributor coil pack system, the world moved on from that system many years ago.
VW group are the biggest car makers now with Audi,Skoda,Seat as well. I hope it will force the Japanese to wake up because German quality is just another level.

What's wrong with Japanese cars? :undecided:
Mate I own a Suzuki and right now rust is eating it faster than I can actually replace it Last week I replaced the exhaust which got eaten by rust it is the forth thing that rust has claimed on a car with 75K on the clock!!! I want a German in my life and say Adios to Japan.

Agreed i have been watching the Suzuki Mehran car of the common Pakistani in more than 30 years it changed it front grill and nothing more. Hell only recently cars in Pakistan moved to a engine which does not have a ignition distributor coil pack system, the world moved on from that system many years ago.
VW group are the biggest car makers now with Audi,Skoda,Seat as well. I hope it will force the Japanese to wake up because German quality is just another level.

Mate I own a Suzuki and right now rust is eating it faster than I can actually replace it Last week I replaced the exhaust which got eaten by rust it is the forth thing that rust has claimed on a car with 75K on the clock!!! I want a German in my life and say Adios to Japan.

Audi is premium brand, but none the less any Volkswagen offering would be very good, along with Skoda.

Back
Top Bottom