What's new

Govt can't talk with those who reject the constitution of Pakistan: Shah

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

pakistan-Khursheedshah_10-28-2013_124222_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Peoples Party’s (PPP) opposition leader in the National Assembly, Khurshid Shah, Monday said Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar was directed to expedite the implementation of measures agreed upon in All Parties Conference (APC) following his letter to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Geo News reported.

“I’m thankful to him (Prime Minister) for listening to me”, said he in a statement issued here.

He further said that PM Sharif had also written him requesting ‘endorsement’ for the Protection of Pakistan Ordinance.

“We are consulting with legal experts in this regard”, said Shah.

He sounded concern over United Sates of America’s giving no assurance to Pakistan of a ceasefire of drone attacks on targets in the tribal belt near Pakistan-Afghanistan border region.

“A complete halt to US spy plane strikes is the precondition the Taliban has set before any peace talks with the government. So how are we going to start the coveted negotiations aimed at making peace with the Taliban if these attacks will continue like this”, the opposition leader said.

Going forward he said it was more complicated than it looked, as first off how could the government negotiate with those who reject the constitution of Pakistan?

“Under which conditions will the government hold talks with Taliban, who do not submit to the constitution of the country and the writ of the government of Pakistan”, said he.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-1...who-reject-the-constitution-of-Pakistan:-Shah

It is well known that I am opposed to dialogue with terrorists primarily because it indirectly gives them legitimacy. Therefore I agree with Khurshid Shah’s statement.

My question is that if PPP was opposed to talks with the anti-Pakistan groups who don’t accept either Pakistan Constitution or legitimacy of the National Assembly; why did PPP signed the APC agreement?

If you believe that an action is against interests of Pakistan (which it is) then you should speak up and be counted. This shows lack of integrity in the PPP leadership.

pakistan-Khursheedshah_10-28-2013_124222_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Peoples Party’s (PPP) opposition leader in the National Assembly, Khurshid Shah, Monday said Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar was directed to expedite the implementation of measures agreed upon in All Parties Conference (APC) following his letter to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Geo News reported.

“I’m thankful to him (Prime Minister) for listening to me”, said he in a statement issued here.

He further said that PM Sharif had also written him requesting ‘endorsement’ for the Protection of Pakistan Ordinance.

“We are consulting with legal experts in this regard”, said Shah.

He sounded concern over United Sates of America’s giving no assurance to Pakistan of a ceasefire of drone attacks on targets in the tribal belt near Pakistan-Afghanistan border region.

“A complete halt to US spy plane strikes is the precondition the Taliban has set before any peace talks with the government. So how are we going to start the coveted negotiations aimed at making peace with the Taliban if these attacks will continue like this”, the opposition leader said.

Going forward he said it was more complicated than it looked, as first off how could the government negotiate with those who reject the constitution of Pakistan?

“Under which conditions will the government hold talks with Taliban, who do not submit to the constitution of the country and the writ of the government of Pakistan”, said he.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-1...who-reject-the-constitution-of-Pakistan:-Shah

Due to unfavourable response from the rest of the society, politicians have started to take shape their statements accordingly.
Last 5 years, this is what PPP has done, e.g. one day they say Army head will be Rehman Malik and than they wait for response and decide further. Than they say Raymond Davis is ambassador of US and than they wait and see and send a woman, for damage control.

All terrorism was patronised by the PPP & ANP and now they want to wash off there hands, with copied statements like this.

First person, who used this argument was Dr. Qadri, Mr. Shah is copying him.

Politicians and there 2 penny worth activists, shall stay out with this partial participation. They are neither trust worth, neither capable... simple bunch of corrupt and idiots.

Back
Top Bottom