What's new

Govt. agrees to railway privatisation in IMF deal: Salman Butt

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: Pakistan Railways Employees Union (PREM)’s chief Hafiz Salman Butt Friday said that the government has agreed to privatisation of Railways while negotiating the IMF deal, adding if this happened, it would trigger a wheel jam strike, Geo News reported.

Addressing a press conference here, Hafiz Salman Butt said that eighty thousand Railways employees would stand united against any such move. He said that a movement would be launched after Eid against likely privatisation of Railways.

Salman Butt said that Pakistan Railway has the capability of manufacturing the engines of aircrafts and tanks, but the government’s wrong policies have destroyed this organization.

Govt. agrees to railway privatisation in IMF deal: Salman Butt | PAKISTAN - geo.tv

Oi @cb4 - Yeh apnii baradariii waleiii ko chup karva looo....we need more Privatization ! :pissed:

Last edited by a moderator:
Entire railway needs a major makeover. I think it is wise to partially privatise railway. IMO Uk model is one of the best to follow. Same should be done with PIA.

Oi @cb4 - Yeh apnii baradariii waleiii ko chup karva looo....we need more Privatization ! :pissed:

It should be a little bit of both.

Government involvement is necessary to take action against encroachments, build commuication links and networks between cities and provinces, subsidize and supply power, and allow foreign investment with ease.

Privatization should be for locomotives and manufacturing facilities, advertizements, food catering, technology in stations, waste management facilities, and setting up commercial zones in land

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahahahahahahahaha.........privatised railway in a country like pakistan......I wonder how they plan to make money with it.

It should be a little bit of both.

Government involvement is necessary to take action against encroachments, build commuication links and networks between cities and provinces, subsidize and supply power, and allow foreign investment with ease.

Privatization should be for locomotives and manufacturing facilities, advertizements, food catering, technology in stations, waste management facilities, and setting up commercial zones in land

I'd want it to do something like what they did with the Telecom Sector - PTCL is partly Government Owned & Partly Private...it might not be a world beater but its still better than it was before & it is competitive enough ! So is Mobilink & Mobilink is competing with the likes of Telenor & Arab Financed Warid ! :)

I'd want it to do something like what they did with the Telecom Sector - PTCL is partly Government Owned & Partly Private...it might not be a world beater but its still better than it was before & it is competitive enough ! So is Mobilink & Mobilink is competing with the likes of Telenor & Arab Financed Warid ! :)

To be honest i don't like Mobilink, Telenor, Warid, Zong etc. They are all foreign owned and they make most of the revenue. The only local telecom right now is Ufone, which is a subsidy of PTCL. I think its a success in Pakistan, right ?

good decision

why they are not sell Pakistan ?
worth of railway property is more than trillions but all of us will see that they will just sell it i just billions

So now we have to get orders from IMF regarding privatization of Railway!!! This should have been done on our own initiative long ago...

What is the problem with the employees union? These unions are one of the major causes for the rot of public institutions. The PIA unions hold the entire company hostage. Similarly, the traders unions prevent the imposition of tax...sab chor hain.

good next PIA and pak steel these white elephants fill with corrupt people have to be solid to israel i wish :pissed:

To be honest i don't like Mobilink, Telenor, Warid, Zong etc. They are all foreign owned and they make most of the revenue. The only local telecom right now is Ufone, which is a subsidy of PTCL. I think its a success in Pakistan, right ?

Yup Ufone is a success & its competing with them giants quite nicely ! :)

Waisee aaap mujhe pei ghadaari ka ilzaam laganaa chahteiii hain tou lagaa deiin but I'm a proud Telenor user since a few months after they were launched ! :ashamed:

Good decision! but they are doing it on the order of IMF.
these associations and unions are mafias!!

I think GoP should sell share of Railways, PIA and PNSC along with the thermal plants all across Pakistan to any local Pakistanis or Muslim country. Like of 43% and 7% in Stock Markets of Pakistan(some are already there). And keep the 50% share in their hands and enjoy the profits of 50%.

But for PIA I would say that PEC and PIA aircraft overhaul facility should be handed over to PAC-PAF and the land which Railways hold should be sold to Pakistanis at a good cost.

So now we have to get orders from IMF regarding privatization of Railway!!! This should have been done on our own initiative long ago...

What is the problem with the employees union? These unions are one of the major causes for the rot of public institutions. The PIA unions hold the entire company hostage. Similarly, the traders unions prevent the imposition of tax...sab chor hain.

now???

Iam not against privatization but when a thief like Nawaz is doing it on orders from IMF, consider it a sold out deal.

Back
Top Bottom