What's new

Google refuses to delete YouTube videos 'mocking' Pakistan's army: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhakar

Reaction score
LONDON: Google has revealed that it took down 640 videos from YouTube that allegedly promoted terrorism, in the second half of 2011 after complaints from the UK police.

The internet search giant said it terminated five accounts linked to the suspect videos following complaints from the UK's Association of Police Officers.

The firm, however, said it had rejected many other state's requests for action.

According to The BBC, Google also refused to delete six YouTube videos that satirised Pakistan's army and senior politicians.

The order had come from the government of Pakistan's Ministry of Information Technology.

Overall, Google said it had received 461 court orders covering a total of 6,989 items between July and December 2011.

It added that it had received a further 546 informal requests covering 4,925 items, of which it had agreed to 43 percent of the cases.

The report quoted Google's senior policy analyst, Dorothy Chou, as saying that the firm was concerned by the amount of requests that had been linked to political speech.

"It's alarming not only because free expression is at risk, but because some of these requests come from countries you might not suspect - Western democracies not typically associated with censorship," Chou said.

According to the report, the revelations come in its latest Transparency Report, which discloses requests by international authorities to remove or hand over material.

Google refuses to delete YouTube videos 'mocking' Pakistan's army: Report - Times Of India

Wow - it must be a boring day for news today - is this the best prabhakar could bring to the table and to get his standard "thank you" from krait. When then in return they get a brick mr Krait - dont start getting your knickers in a twist.

There is the reason we call it TOIlet news.
It's the absolute gutter of the internet

And also why do Indians think calling us "*********" is offensive?
if we called them Beefharat or something would they be offended?

Any ways, that's neither here nor there.

Just by reading the comments I thank God that I was not born an Indian Muslim.
Poor people have to suffer such abuse daily.

Wow - it must be a boring day for news today - is this the best prabhakar could bring to the table and to get his standard "thank you" from krait. When then in return they get a brick mr Krait - dont start getting your knickers in a twist.

@superkaif...why you have the habbit of making personal attack against Indians ? I have seen almost all your post have this snide remarks against the members .... why are you so insecure and why does always flaming ?

There is the reason we call it TOIlet news.
It's the absolute gutter of the internet

And also why do Indians think calling us "*********" is offensive?
if we called them Beefharat or something would they be offended?

Any ways, that's neither here nor there.

Just by reading the comments I thank God that I was not born an Indian Muslim.
Poor people have to suffer such abuse daily.
same way Indians think bharti is offensive. There is nothing offensive about that word. :)

TOI is a newspaper and it is doing its job.

Is this news incorrect? If not,then why complain?

If this news is offensive, it can always be deleted.

Come on mate, i am bored, i sometimes casually give thanks....you don't have to be so uptight about it. No interesting thread right now so picking any thread.....just chill...we also bear words against our armed forces everyday in most pathetic way, but i really don't see any senior member or you trying to shut them up.

Leave it as it may be.

@superkaif...why you have the habbit of making personal attack against Indians ? I have seen almost all your post have this snide remarks against the members .... why are you so insecure and why does always flaming ?

:lol: Truth hurts mate? Is this the best masterful thread you could start today to tickle you? I am on PDF to learn and educate myself - the likes of you are so transparent - your intent is to create anamosity and to create mischief - when i spot a chap like yourself i like to make it known you havent got the brain capacity for us not to see through you. Im as secure as a concrete house hence im on PDF.
BTW - "why does always flaming"? - Said an Indian troll so sad isnt it? :lol:

:lol: Truth hurts mate? Is this the best masterful thread you could start today to tickle you? I am on PDF to learn and educate myself - the likes of you are so transparent - your intent is to create anamosity and to create mischief - when i spot a chap like yourself i like to make it known you havent got the brain capacity for us not to see through you. Im as secure as a concrete house hence im on PDF.
BTW - "why does always flaming"? - Said an Indian troll so sad isnt it? :lol:

:lol: this is the best you can come up ? to ridicule other members with your mighty brain ?

if you have the problem please use the report button

it is in the news.. os i have posted it....any issues? PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom