What's new

Freedom of speech is 'universal' right, Michelle Obama tells China

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
Freedom of information, expression and belief should be considered "universal rights", Michelle Obama, the US first lady, told students in China on Saturday.

Speaking at Peking University on the second full day of a weeklong, bridge-building family tour of the country, Mrs Obama said:

"It is so important for information and ideas to flow freely over the internet and through the media."

"When it comes to expressing yourself freely, and worshipping as you choose, and having open access to information - we believe those are universal rights that are the birthright of every person on this planet," Mrs Obama told an audience of around 200 students.

"My husband and I are on the receiving end of plenty of questioning and criticism from our media and our fellow citizens, and it's not always easy

"But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

Freedom of speech is 'universal' right, Michelle Obama tells China - Telegraph

So Michelle can go back to 'Murica and bark about her hubby getting close to another woman. :lol:

Or better yet, Chinese journalists should ask about it. All is fair in free speech and war. :D

Obama-cheating-on-Michelle-Limbaugh-Says-Yes-Please.jpg

Would love to hear Michelle's free speech regarding this photo. :lol:

I think you are mixing up freedom of speech and breaking the law . I can understand why you got confused about not knowing what freedom of speech is about.

The highest law of the land in America is the US constitution. Snowden felt that lesser laws violated the supreme law.

Fourth Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

AMENDMENT IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

So Michelle can go back to 'Murica and bark about her hubby getting close to another woman. :lol:

Or better yet, Chinese journalists should ask about it. All is fair in free speech and war. :D

Obama-cheating-on-Michelle-Limbaugh-Says-Yes-Please.jpg

Would love to hear Michelle's free speech regarding this photo. :lol:

I would thought that you being in the US by now- you would know that we are not a madarasa culture. That is the ex French first lady , her husband has been cropped out, but that he was the head of state for France. they were welcoming the president and his wife to France. and in western cultures that greeting is not blasphemous.

The highest law of the land in America is the US constitution. Snowden felt that lesser laws violated the supreme law.

Fourth Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

AMENDMENT IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

really, you want to quote me the 4th amendment LOL. I guess it not surprise you don't know the difference between freedom of speech and what he did and the 4th amendment. I do believe in Pakistan you have a certain doctor in jail for helping to catch the world's biggest terrorist ;)

really, you want to quote me the 4th amendment LOL. I guess it not surprise you don't know the difference between freedom of speech and what he did and the 4th amendment. I do believe in Pakistan you have a certain doctor in jail for helping to catch the world's biggest terrorist ;)

Of course, I expect you to dance the dance of shifting subjects.

Your comment was, and I quote:

I think you are mixing up freedom of speech and breaking the law .

suggesting that breaking the law was not covered by freedom of speech.

Snowden broke the law (of confidentiality) because he felt true to a higher law (the US constitution) and he felt that the lesser law was used to violate the supreme law.

Of course, I expect you to dance the dance of shifting subjects.

Your comment was, and I quote:

suggesting that breaking the law was not covered by freedom of speech.

Snowden broke the law (of confidentiality) because he felt true to a higher law (the US constitution) and he felt that the lesser law was used to violate the supreme law.

dance? snowden felt? is that legal brief you have in mind? ... if that was it, he should have stayed back and fought it in court.

Btw we don't refer to our laws as supreme law and higher law you mistaking us from some other country

Might blow while greeting your wife, but then again it will be formal by western standards. :agree:

nothing less is expected of you... but hope they have you on the watch list.

dance? snowden felt? is that legal brief you have in mind? ...

We can only act on what we feel is the right thing to do, based on our understanding of the law. The legal judgement must wait until the court verdict. Even the most astute lawyer can be proven wrong when the case goes to court.

if that was it, he should have stayed back and fought it in court.

He has addressed this issue in his interviews why he felt there was no safe place to hide from the NSA in the US.

We can only act on what we feel is the right thing to do, based on our understanding of the law. The legal judgement must wait until the court verdict. Even the most astute lawyer can be proven wrong when the case goes to court.

He has addressed this issue in his interviews why he felt there was no safe place to hide from the NSA in the US.

let me understand this , according to you his understanding and his position equals your comeback on the meaning of " freedom of speech" :lol:

So an ISI agent runs off with Pakistan's secret to India would get the same " understanding" from you?

This where you intellect fails and you come across as just arguing for the sake of being on the opposite side.

This is how ridiculous you sound at times... let alone not having a clue that every one of the taps is court approved and by/ adhering to US law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw we don't refer to our laws as supreme law and higher law

Article VI | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

What it means is that all other laws are inferior to, and must conform to, the Constitution.

let me understand this , according to you his understanding and his position equals your comeback on the meaning of " freedom of speech" :lol:

We can continue this conversation when you can address the specifics of Snowden instead of running into yet another diversion.

Article VI | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

What it means is that all other laws are inferior to, and must conform to, the Constitution.

We can continue this conversation when you can address the specifics of Snowden instead of running into yet another diversion.

I think you are again getting confused between the constitution as a document vs. any single article / law . No law is refereed to be supreme by itself over another in the constitution. that's not how we speak of it in this country

I have addressed the specifics of Snowden. You are just having difficulty comprehending the difference in freedom of speech and his case. You seem to be finding it difficult to understand the notion, that just because a defendant feels he did something lawful does not makes it lawful. And by citing you relevant examples I am not diverting... rather hoping you would get it.

Why don't you let your wife log on?

Then we will see.

if you go back to the country/ cave you came from, I will consider it...

Back
Top Bottom