What's new

Freed Taliban unwilling to go back

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR - Almost all of the Afghan Taliban leaders and commanders released by Pakistan on the request of the Afghan government are reluctant to go back to Afghanistan to avoid a fate similar to that of Arsala Rahmani, who was shot dead by the Taliban after initiating reconciliation with President Karzai through former President Mujaddadi.
Three top Afghan commanders whose release is demanded by the Afghan peace delegation chief Salahudin Rabbani however, still remain in custody of Pakistan’s law enforcing agencies.
Highly placed sources told Pakistan Today that nine leading Taliban leaders and commanders, declared free on the request of the Afghan peace delegation on November 16, 2012 have refused to be handed over to Afghan authorities and are reluctunat in joining Afghani politics.
However, all 12 leading Afghan Taliban leaders and commanders were issued passports by Afghanistan’s diplomatic missions on November 17.
Sources said Anwar-ul-Haq Mujahid, who lead the Tora Bora group affiliated to Tehrik Taliban Afghanistan is at present residing with relatives in Peshawar. Whereas son-in-law of the former commander Mullah Dadullah, who is a trader by profession, is in Quetta.
The remaining released Taliban personnel are still scattered in different parts of Pakistan with a majority of them living with relatives in Peshawar and Quetta.
Mullah Abdul Ghani Biradar, former minister for justice Mullah Noorud Din Turabi and Mullah Abdul Ahad Jehangirwal are still in custody of Pakistan’s law enforcing agencies. Turabi is said to be ill and unable to walk, whereas Jehangirwal is in detention owing to security grounds. Biradar, who was not included in the first batch declared free by Pakistan on November 16th, is said to be part of the second batch that Pakistan authorities plan on releasing.
In a similar fashion, Pakistan has also demanded release of all its nationals imprisoned in various jails of Afghanistan. Amongst them, a majority have been apprehended on charges of lacking proper travelling documents.
However, almost a 100 out of them are considered hardcore elements of various banned terrorist groups such as Sepah Sahaba Pakistan, Lashkar-i-Janghavi and others. These elements are imprisoned in Kabul, Helmand and Qandahar prison houses. Swat’s Qari Sohail is also amongst those imprisoned in Afghanistan.

Freed Taliban unwilling to go back | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Then you have all the more reason to civilize them and help them resume normal life after the beastly madness they were living under the Taliban. I am sure that after years of inflicting barbarity on people, even these foot soldiers and small-time commanders must be tired of insanity (there's a limit to human tolerance). Even if they can do simple jobs and earn a living I think their lives will be 100 times better than going back and living with those barbarians.

Then you have all the more reason to civilize them and help them resume normal life after the beastly madness they were living under the Taliban. I am sure that after years of inflicting barbarity on people, even these foot soldiers and small-time commanders must be tired of insanity (there's a limit to human tolerance). Even if they can do simple jobs and earn a living I think their lives will be 100 times better than going back and living with those barbarians.
These are commanders not foot soldiers! I am sure they were the one perpetuating the "beastly madness"
Why would the Afghan government request release of Taliban commanders?

These are commanders not foot soldiers! I am sure they were the one perpetuating the "beastly madness"
Why would the Afghan government request release of Taliban commanders?

because the US opted for negotiations with Taliban for future Afghan govt and Kabul requestes us for releasing them.

They fear for their life in Afghanistan since they can be killed by opposition as well to hinder the negotiations.

So these commanders formed the quetta shura. and the accusations of quetta shura stopped when Pakistan picked all these afghanis.were arrested. So Quetta Shura did exist?

strap a b*mb and blow em up send them to their virgins

Well that is the most apt punishment for them but the thing is that no government whether yours (due to political compulsion or military alliance) nor ours (for votebank) will ever take such a step. Which is why these terrorists get scott free after sometime. Think about it; if your government had done this sort of a thing a decade ago, there would be no TTP or for that matter Taliban proper for that matter.

Well that is the most apt punishment for them but the thing is that no government whether yours (due to political compulsion or military alliance) nor ours (for votebank) will ever take such a step. Which is why these terrorists get scott free after sometime. Think about it; if your government had done this sort of a thing a decade ago, there would be no TTP or for that matter Taliban proper for that matter.

See the thing is in our case Govt never had a say or in this matter or they would have done it.

Nah no need to keep 'em here!
Deport them,hand them electrocute them!
Forgiving them does not mean we should trust them.

Back
Top Bottom