What's new

Foreign Direct Investment in Pakistan Fell 56.9% in Six Months

Metallic

Reaction score
Foreign Direct Investment in Pakistan Fell 56.9% in Six Months
PAKISTAN - 15 JANUARY 2010

By Farhan Sharif

Jan. 15 -- Overseas direct investment into Pakistan dropped 56.9 percent in the first six months of the fiscal year that started July 1, the central bank said.

Investment in the six months ended Dec. 31, fell to $1.01 billion from $2.35 billion a year earlier, according to an e- mailed statement from the Karachi-based State Bank of Pakistan. Global funds bought $310.5 million more Pakistani stocks than they sold in the six months, compared with net sales of $163.8 million a year ago, the central bank said.

Pakistan needs overseas investments to bolster an economy that expanded two percent in the year ended June 30, compared with a 5.8 percent increase in the previous 12 months. The government expects gross domestic product will grow 3.3 percent this fiscal year.

Foreign direct investment fell to $3.72 billion last fiscal year from $5.4 billion in the previous 12 months.

Source: Bloomberg

Ahhhhhhhh my jealous Indian friend it gives me great pleasure to see you Burn and to no every time we will grow people like you burn so burn baby burn.

question is what are you going to do when actual FDI returns to pakistan may i suggest A bullet between the eyes will help you faster then Gavascon.

Ahhhhhhhh my jealous Indian friend it gives me great pleasure to see you Burn and to no every time we will grow people like you burn so burn baby burn.

question is what are you going to do when actual FDI returns to pakistan may i suggest A bullet between the eyes will help you faster then Gavascon.

I think this particular NRI is annoyed because I pointed out that FDI in India fell by 22% last year.

http://dipp.nic.in/fdi_statistics/india_FDI_October2009.pdf

You are right. It is comical to see desperate Indians hiding behind other countries flags to attack Pakistan.

I don't mind investing in Pakistan, but how easy is it to do business there?

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom