What's new

for chinese member if you have problem to visit PDF

itaskol

Reaction score
Country
China
currently there are problem to visit this forum from mainland china. especially if you use china telecom.
if you dont want to use proxy software ( too slow), there are two solution to visit this forum
1. change your DNS manually with 8.8.8.8 ( it is what I use now) it works!!
2. or save
108.162.196.74 www.defence.pk in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\hosts

currently there are problem to visit this forum from mainland china. especially if you use china telecom.
if you dont want to use proxy software ( too slow), there are two solution to visit this forum
2. or save
108.162.196.74 Pakistan Defence in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\hosts

Is China blocking PDF or technical problems?

I think it is technical problem,
I can still visit here with mobilphone without any problem

If you can visit here with your mobile phone then it's not an internet issue, but maybe an issue with your computer.

I dont think so China will block PDF because its not some westren anti China forum.

exactly, there is no reason to block pdf.

and even rubbish media like CNN, washington time. waschington post, times of india are not blocked.

If you can visit here with your mobile phone then it's not an internet issue, but maybe an issue with your computer.

not only me. and I have tested with many computers.
It is probably problem with telecom in some area..

2. or save
108.162.196.74 Pakistan Defence in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\hosts

Or you can download and use a VPN client. There are quite a few free ones out there.

not only me. and I have tested with many computers.
It is probably problem with telecom in some area..
Sounds to me, there is a problem with the DNS server of your internet service provider.

I always can visit here at Shenyang and Dalian, phone can too

Some time, international website route through other server or router, if any one of the website enroute is blocked, you still cannot access pdf website.

You can try typing tracert Pakistan Defence on your cmd command (If you use Win7)and see where your ISP router takes you, you can see at most 30 connection tho so if the routing table end before 30, that mean you probably have some problem and you can also see which router (or gateway) they route though, usually if they route thru Banned website, your PDF page will not work.

Route table depends on ISP to ISP so if your ISP tend to run thru lines going to the West, you get a pretty good chance to get banned by censorship.

Back
Top Bottom