What's new

Firm [BMC] delivers armored vehicles to TSK after 3-year delay

Baykuş

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Firm [BMC] delivers armored vehicles to TSK after 3-year delay

24 March 2014 /ISTANBUL, TODAY'S ZAMAN

The Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) received its first new batch of mine-resistant vehicles on Monday after a three-year delay due to major financial problems at the manufacturer.
The Kirpi (hedgehog), Turkey's domestically produced mine resistant, ambush-protected armored vehicle, is being manufactured by Turkish carmaker BMC, a subsidiary of Çukurova Holding. In 2009, the TSK signed a deal to purchase 468 Kirpi vehicles from BMC. However, only 278 have been delivered. BMC hasn't manufactured a single new Kirpi since 2011, citing financial difficulties; the firm confirmed in September 2012 that it was unable to pay the salaries of its 2,500 employees. Making things worse for BMC, Turkey's Savings Deposit Insurance Fund (TMSF) seized the firm from the indebted Çukurova Holding in early May 2013.

In November, the TMSF said it had resumed manufacturing the vehicles, and Turkish media outlets reported on Sunday that 25 Kirpis were scheduled to be delivered to the TSK on Monday. This is the first delivery since 2011. [:yahoo:]

The TSK considers the Kirpi vehicles highly important for field operations. The threat of land mines associated with the ongoing civil war in Syria makes the Kirpi even more crucial. The Undersecretariat for the Defense Industry (SSM) earlier fined BMC 7 million euros for not keeping its end of the deal.

The Kirpi can hold a crew of 13 and has proven to be better than competing mine-resistant, armored vehicles due to its integrated seating system, which absorbs pressure generated by mine blasts. Moreover, it is equipped with run-flat tires and equipment that adjusts the air in the tires to deal with various surface conditions.

BMC didn't make the MRAP deliveries in time but they were doing some crucial R&D... ever since TMSF seized the company they went dark. No news, no advertisement, nothing.

BMC also delivered some Kirpi MRAPs to Tunus last month they are back on bussines.

BMC didn't make the MRAP deliveries in time but they were doing some crucial R&D... ever since TMSF seized the company they went dark. No news, no advertisement, nothing.

o_O

That traitor of the country "Mehmet Karaemin", fucked the company, whatelse to say...?

o_O
That traitor of the country "Mehmet Karaemin", fucked the company, whatelse to say...?
He didn't have resources to allocate bro... he was busy taking over Turkcell's russian shares. I'm not blaming him, without him there would be no BMC. I'm just not sure what the new owners are planning.

He didn't have resources to allocate bro... he was busy taking over Turkcell's russian shares. I'm not blaming him, without him there would be no BMC. I'm just not sure what the new owners are planning.

Yeap, what it is the annual profit of Turkcell, mate.We know that they are all businessmen and gonna think about their profits.

But in the years 2011 and 2012 we had many şehit....... but instead of saving the company, he abandoned it and ran after more money.

He is a traitor for me.

Back
Top Bottom