What's new

Finally Miandad says goodbye to PCB !

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE- Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Director General Javed Miandad has sent a letter to the cricket board saying he wants to leave his post.
The former batsman was appointed in November 2008 and served under the chairmanship of three PCB chiefs - Ijaz Butt, Zaka Ashraf and Najam Sethi.
PCB spokesman Nadeem Sarwar, without giving details about Miandad’s letter, has confirmed that the board has received a letter from Miandad in which he has offered his resignation. “The matter of Miandad’s resignation will be discussed during the next meeting of the PCB’s management committee,” he added.
Earlier this week, Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif removed Ashraf and appointed an eight-member management committee of the PCB which later elected Sethi as chairman. In 2009, Miandad quit after developing differences with Ijaz Butt before he was reinstated by then president Asif Ali Zaradari. According to the sources, Miandad wrote in the letter that time had reached to say goodbye to the PCB. “The context of the letter states that scuffles within cricket circles are damaging the country's cricket sectors which is questioning his conscience but although he has no fight with anyone.” He prayed for the betterment of Pakistan's cricket and confirmed his services' availability for the country at any time.

Miandad says goodbye to PCB

I fail to understand what his job was in PCB. For so many years we have been hearing only his interests:

“Priceless” Javed Miandad denies being paid one million salary by PCB

PCB director General Javed Miandad has rebuffed PCB chairman Ejaz Butt’s claim that he is being paid a hefty salary of one million rupees bythe board.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) director General Javed Miandad has rebuffed PCB chairman Ejaz Butt’s claim that he is being paid a hefty salary of one million rupees by the board.

Miandad strongly objected to Butt’s remarks about his salary, in which he had said that the former captain was being paid 7.5 lacs, and if his other expenditures were to be included, he was costing the board almost 10,00,000 rupees.

“The chairman should not disclose even my original salary under any code of ethics. But to set the record straight I want to say I am getting a net salary of 5,70,000 rupees after tax deduction,” an angry Miandad said.

“Prove me wrong if I have drawn one million rupees in any of the previous months with the PCB as DG,” The Dawn quoted Miandad, as saying.

Miandad said he had served the country with full dedication and never hesitated in taking up responsibilities from the PCB.

“What we have given to this country makes us worthy of it all and we are ‘priceless’. And if I do not have proper assignment at hand, it is because of the chairman. Give me one example where I refused any assignment from the Board,” he added.

Miandad said Butt was no body to raise questions on his commitment, as he was directly appointed by the patron of the board, President Asif Ali Zardari.

“And if the PCB chairman is not giving me any respect, he is in fact not giving respect to the Patron,” Miandad said.

“Priceless” Javed Miandad denies being paid one million salary by PCB | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com

PCB paid Javed Miandad Rs8.4 million for seven days of work: Butt

Some days ago Butt had said that Miandad was being paid 7.5 lacs, and if his other expenditures were to be included, he was costing the board almost Rs10,00,000.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ijaz Butt dropped another bombshell on board's director general Javed Miandad saying that the former captain was paid Rs8.4 million for a week's work in an year.

"Miandad has cost the board Rs8.4 million for just seven days of work," Butt said during a function at the National Cricket Academy (NCA).

Butt also accused Miandad of violating the board's code of conduct.

It may be noted that days ago Butt had said that Miandad was being paid 7.5 lacs, and if his other expenditures were to be included, he was costing the board almost Rs10,00,000.

Miandad had strongly objected to Butt's remarks about his salary.

Meanwhile, Miandad has said that despite his sincere efforts he is not being allowed to carry out his duties.

"If an employee is not working then it is the responsibility of the employer to take action. And if I have not been working for the last one year, why has the chairman not taken any action against me?" Miandad told reporters here.

"I tried my level best to do my work (as DG of the board) and to give best suggestions to the chairman. But I was not allowed to do my work at any occasion, the reasons best known to the chairman," The Dawn quoted Miandad, as saying.

He said president Asif Ali Zardari, as the Patron of the PCB had appointed him, and added that he would quit the board whenever the president advises him to do so.

PCB paid Javed Miandad Rs8.4 million for seven days of work: Butt | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com

PCB to purchase Rs. 12.5 million cars despite government prohibition

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is currently purchasing two luxury vehicles worth Rs. 12.5 million despite orders from the government prohibiting the purchase. As reported by The News, PCB has already given the order for the cars and is currently awaiting delivery.
The luxury cars are being brought in for the higher management of PCB. Rs.7.5 million Honda Jeep has been ordered for Chief Operating Officer Subhan Ahmed while a Toyota Jeep worth Rs. 5 million is for the use of Director General Javed Miandad.

With the deteriorating situation of the cricket team of Pakistan, especially after the Champions Trophy, the acts speaks clearly of priorities of the board.

I fail to understand what his job was in PCB. For so many years we have been hearing only his interests:

They hired him but not use him. It is called publicity that we have Miandad but didn't give him any thing for betterment of Pakistan Cricket

Back
Top Bottom