What's new

Failure to prove Zakir Naik's 'terror links' has left police looking foolish

But his Shop is already closed in India. His channel is blocked, he is self exiled in fear. The fear which is justified. Too bad for BD there are several Christian converts, the same country which blame Zakir to have link with IS terrorist.

However, he is free to preach in Syria, Palestine, Libya, Afghanistan and Chechnya.

As far as I know he was born in a Mumbai to a Muslim family.
I heard he converted, don t know much about this guy. When I heard him first time, had a feeling something is wrong and his self confidence and delivery is not right attitude for general public , who are not much aware about religion or Islam.

To be honest, there are more radical preachers in Kerala than Naik. But the governments over there, bend on all fours to appease them. Law and order is a state problem and central agencies can do nothing about it.

This guy twists facts of other religion to give Islam a good name. His example of Krishna is an fine example of bigotry. He argues for a pure strain of Islam. Most of the muslim orgs in the North are against him cos he gets the funds intended for them. He knows his words can get him in jail. He does uses multi meaning words.

Can you name few?

That's is where I agree with you only thing Zakir Naik needs to stop doing is stop debating with other religions, just focus on preaching Quran and Sunnah. He needs to realize that he is not living in a Muslim majority country but a non Muslim majority country, so he needs to keep his focus on spreading teachings of Quran and Sunnah and should avoid debate with other religions.

Agree with you on this, well put.

Maharashtra, Kerala cops arrest Zakir Naik's 'aide' for recruiting youths for IS
NAVI MUMBAI/KALYAN: The Kerala police along with the Maharashtra anti-terrorism squad arrested Arshid Qureshi , alleged to be a member of Zakir Naik 's Islamic Research Foundation (IRF), on Wednesday night for recruiting Kerala youths for the terror outfit Islamic State.

If his links with IRF are confirmed, this could be the first arrest of a member of televangelist Naik's organisation, under the scanner since two of the Bangladesh cafe attackers said they were inspired by his preachings. An IRF spokesperson refused to comment.

Qureshi was held + after the police raided a flat in Seawoods. He was produced before a magistrate's court in CBD-Belapur on Thursday and remanded in transit custody for four days. He will be questioned by the Maharashtra ATS and later taken to Kerala.

Ebin Jacob (25), the brother of Merin alias Mariam who is missing along with her husband Bestin Vincent alias Yahia from Kerala, had told police that there was an attempt to forcibly convert him to Islam and make him join IS. Ebin had told Kochi police that Bestin and Qureshi were behind the attempted conversion.

Based on this statement, the Palarivattom police slapped charges under Section 13 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) on the duo and booked them under sections of the IPC.

"As per the statement, Qureshi insisted that Ebin should embrace Islam and join IS. It was Bestin who compelled Ebin to come to Mumbai and meet Qureshi," Ernakulam ACP K V Vijayan, the investigating officer, had said. Ebin's statement said he was taken to Mumbai by Bestin, who had been indoctrinated, in 2014.
Kerala police said that at Qureshi's house in Mumbai, Ebin was taken to a library. Qureshi also made a comparison of all the religions. Ebin was told that Islam was superior to all other religions and that people in India were not leading a righteous life. However, Ebin did not fall for this talk and returned to Kerala.

The case against Qureshi and Bestin could be the first registered under UAPA against any of the 21 Keralites who have gone missing and allegedly joined the IS.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...uiting-youths-for-IS/articleshow/53328648.cms

HAHA India, Kill a thousand Muslims and you get to be the PM.
Be a Muslim and well...

Can you name few?

Dont know name. But I am talking from news from that kids over there are getting radicalised with parents getting concerned and changing nature of Kerala Muslims in past 3 decades.

I dare India to hang him :lol: considering that he has die hard followers it will in return incite more terrorism. Take a hint from Hassena and how Bangladesh is boiling bcz of her witch hunt. I doubt they will ever be able to link him to any terror activity in the first place. This entire facade is to stop his message of Islam to people and considering how many he converted hindus might be having a inferiority complex.

so you are saying what this lunatic zakir naik has been saying is the message islam? you just proved everything all islam haters have been saying about it!

I dare India to hang him :lol: considering that he has die hard followers it will in return incite more terrorism. Take a hint from Hassena and how Bangladesh is boiling bcz of her witch hunt. I doubt they will ever be able to link him to any terror activity in the first place. This entire facade is to stop his message of Islam to people and considering how many he converted hindus might be having a inferiority complex.

He is basically converting too many hindus and this has got the sangis befuddled and they are trying to ban him

so you are saying what this lunatic zakir naik has been saying is the message islam? you just proved everything all islam haters have been saying about it!

Taking his statements out of context doesnt prove him guilty. I have seen lunatics and he is nt one of them. His persecution is borne from insecurities of hindus who dont any thing but hindutva faith in india.

Taking his statements out of context doesnt prove him guilty. I have seen lunatics and he is nt one of them. His persecution is borne from insecurities of hindus who dont any thing but hindutva faith in india.

this is almost always the defence, this 'taking out of context'. and almost always the tactic of sombody who said something stupid and then without the ability to back it up when challenged, cops out.

If he kept his topics to fully within Islam, it wouldn't be such an issue....along with being careful of what he says about terrorism. Lots of his videos I actually learnt a lot about Islam just for my curiousity...so he could have definitely made a choice to make a positive uplifiting and internalised style format of program.

Instead he prefers to feed a lot out of people's emotions to feel above other human beings (while preaching equality in theory) and also their suspicions and raw hate sometimes even.

So he drags every other religion to compare in his distorted brash way full of errors and half-truths and lack of context.....so that he can degrade them to prop up Islam to his audience. Plus he loudly proclaims sympathies for terrorism as long the target is "valid". These are choices he made, and he really cannot backtrack now or disown his own earlier comments and format.

That is not a sustainable approach for Muslims living in multi-cultural environments. Hate and superiority complex begets more hate and superiority complex....and that is destructive for everyone.

Thats why several leading mainstream clerics and the Indian Shia minority in general are very much against him and their voices are becoming more prominent now.

I am not even going into the recent news that has developed that one of his organisations aides has been arrested and charged with funding ISIS. There may be more to it than meets the eye with peacetv and zakir naik.
Not possible. It is a part of the Sunnah to challenge other faiths and establish the Law of Allah all over the world. His debates are the least violent ways of doing Dawah.
In fact, I don't consider Naik a problem at all. He has his freedom of speech and he is speaking the honest truth, in all its bare nature.
If you have a problem with the content, take issue with the ideology - Islam. But show me one Indian who has the guts to do that. :D

this is almost always the defence, this 'taking out of context'. and almost always the tactic of sombody who said something stupid and then without the ability to back it up when challenged, cops out.
Naik is thoroughly educated and his sources are impeccable, his quotes are accurate and interpretation is incorruptible. He is not misleading the people at all. He can be blamed of being brutally honest.

For example, Hindus take offense that why did Zakir Naik insult their Gods?
That is a ridiculous idea. First of all, Ganesha is not a God to Naik, but to Hindus. To Naik, he was at best a deformed son of Shiva who was beheaded. Hindus respect divinity of all religions, generally. But you can't expect Zakir Naik, a non Hindu to share this trait and respect Hindu religion. If someone has a problem, they should have it with respect to Islam. Naik is just a messenger in this case.

Agree with you on this, well put.
India will be able to find a million Muslims 'radicalized' by him but Zakir Naik will be declared innocent. He truly preaches Islam without the corruptions that have crept in. He can't be blamed for that at all.

Back
Top Bottom