What's new

F-16 Burns Tarmac.

In PAF we do it all the time but we do it with a wall behind it.
And its always in the night :lol: At first you get pretty pissed that there is too much of noise after a while if you don't hear it you don't sleep:lol:

The closest i got to something like this was once on 7th Sept.
It was the last event of the day, it was dusk and an F-16 in full throttle and pretty low performed for some five minutes over Chaklala.
Suffice to say, you could feel the blood in your veins vibrating.

The closest i got to something like this was once on 7th Sept.
It was the last event of the day, it was dusk and an F-16 in full throttle and pretty low performed for some five minutes over Chaklala.
Suffice to say, you could feel the blood in your veins vibrating.

Very true we pilots use the word ( OUR BLOOD BOILS ).:cheers:

And its always in the night :lol: At first you get pretty pissed that there is too much of noise after a while if you don't hear it you don't sleep:lol:

AOA

sir Last year i saw an F/A 18 Super hornet low level performance for about 15 minutes in Full AB , doing loops and tight turns , pulling high G's and a vertical climb .

In the end it ended the show with a low level inverted flyby ... bloody hell i could not sleep properly for few nights:lol:

Note the tail hook deployed. The majority of avionics people are not engine run qualified, but I was one of the very few. By the third or fourth run, the thrill is pretty much gone and it became routine. Still, there is no mistaking the feel of the engine's power. Once the run end, the aircraft must be pushed back slightly so we can loosen and retract the tail hook.

The other type of engine run is when the engine is stand-alone in the 'hush house', which is a hangar specifically outfitted with more detailed engine analysis and troubleshooting equipments. The hangar also have some noise reduction construction in the 'e-flux' or exhaust flux. Stick a hot dog into the afterburner flame and it goes 'poof' damn quick. But if the hot dog is not truly secured, and you can actually feel the thrust, the force of the afterburner flame will push it off the fork.

Sir, I saw it once and it heard it some thousand times...since 1983:D

I have caught a special sound of F16 when it is taxing or ready for take off just like in the video above when ABs are shutt off, I can recognize it as F16 even when i m not seeing it:azn:

Note the tail hook deployed. The majority of avionics people are not engine run qualified, but I was one of the very few. By the third or fourth run, the thrill is pretty much gone and it became routine. Still, there is no mistaking the feel of the engine's power. Once the run end, the aircraft must be pushed back slightly so we can loosen and retract the tail hook.

The other type of engine run is when the engine is stand-alone in the 'hush house', which is a hangar specifically outfitted with more detailed engine analysis and troubleshooting equipments. The hangar also have some noise reduction construction in the 'e-flux' or exhaust flux. Stick a hot dog into the afterburner flame and it goes 'poof' damn quick. But if the hot dog is not truly secured, and you can actually feel the thrust, the force of the afterburner flame will push it off the fork.

yes i saw it once perhaps the engine was Atar 09B of Mirage

AOA

sir Last year i saw an F/A 18 Super hornet low level performance for about 15 minutes in Full AB , doing loops and tight turns , pulling high G's and a vertical climb .

In the end it ended the show with a low level inverted flyby ... bloody hell i could not sleep properly for few nights:lol:

Sir MuradK, Did u do that in your carrier if yes then tell us when??

Back
Top Bottom