What's new

Erdoğan to pay two-day official visit to Iran

-SINAN-

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is preparing to make an official trip to Iran on Jan. 28-29 at the invitation of Iranian President Hassan Rohani.

According to news agencies' reports, Erdoğan will leave Turkey for Iran on Jan. 28 and the two will meet in Tehran.

Erdoğan's visit will mark the first meeting between the Turkish prime minister and Rohani. While Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu was in Tehran in late November of last year, he announced that Rohani was to visit Turkey in December 2013 to attend the Şeb-i Arus ceremony, which commemorates the anniversary of the death of Sufi mystic and Islamic scholar Mevlana Jalaluddin Muhammad Rumi.

However, it was later learned that it was to be Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, rather than the new president, who would visit Turkey, but that visit, too, was eventually canceled due to Zarif's tight schedule.

Iran issued an invitation for Erdoğan to go to Iran before Rohani's yet to be re-scheduled visit to Turkey.

“Our President Rohani invites Erdoğan to Tehran first,” said Zarif during a joint press conference with Davutoğlu on Dec. 4.

“When Rohani became the Iranian president, Turkey and Iran decided to communicate frequently, if possible every month, to discuss our mutual agendas and exchange views. I can say that we have accomplished this in the past five months,” Davutoğlu noted.

Though Turkey and Iran back different sides in Syria, they have mutual concerns on the reawakening of sectarianism in the region and have agreed to work together against sectarian threats. Davutoğlu previously expressed his pleasure at the decision to exchange high-level visits between the two countries.

Erdoğan to pay two-day official visit to Iran - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

You have been hitting the vodka too hard you drunken wretch

Sinan, any ideas what they will discuss? Regional developments or even economics or political ties?

Sinan, any ideas what they will discuss? Regional developments or even economics or political ties?

There were visits from each countries FMs in last months.

Iranian FM in Turkey

%5CFOTORA74.JPG

%5Cfoto%C4%9Fraf%201.JPG

Turkish FM in Iran

doglu.jpg

Mate, I think we are trying to improve our strained relations with both Iraq and Iran. Iraq will be hard because of the KRG - Turkey oil deal. But with Iran we got no quarrels.

Just our governments Syria policy contradicts with Iran's policy but both governments agree on a peaceful solution.

That said i expect no immediate "Regional developments or even economics or political ties", first we have to melt down the ice between us and these visits are important for that. After that and when Iran get rid of it's sanctions..... we may see a lot cooperations between Iran and Turkey.

That's what i think. :)

king erdogan visiting iran:):) is it real news ?

At the joint press conference held following the meeting, Foreign Minister Davutoğlu announced that it was agreed that a High Level Cooperation Council between Turkey and Iran will be established and preparations concerning the establishment of the Council will be concluded before the visit of Prime Minister of Turkey, Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to Iran which will be held in the forthcoming weeks.

Turkey and Iran agree to establish High Level Cooperation Council / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Back
Top Bottom