What's new

Emraan Hashmi alleges religious bias in flat ownership

abdulrafi

Reaction score
Emraan Hashmi alleges religious bias in flat ownership

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAFF WRITER 13:15 HRS IST

Mumbai, Jul 31 (PTI) Actor Emraan Hashmi today accused a housing society in posh Bandra of "religious discrimination" saying that it denied him the NOC to purchase a flat in the building because he is a Muslim.

"This is clearly a case of religious discrimination.

Some people told me that this society is biased towards Muslims. They did not tell me directly but it is obvious," the actor alleged.

Hashmi said he wanted to buy a house in the posh Pali Hill but the housing society refused to give him the No Objection Certificate because of his religion.

"The Nibbana cooperative housing society at Pali Hill did not provide NOC to purchase the flat," Hashmi, who was flanked by mentor Mahesh Bhatt, told reporters here.

The actor said he has approached the State Minorities Commission, seeking its intervention on the issue.

fullstory

Many housing societies in Mumbai don't allow Muslims to live among them. Similar cases have occurred in the past and the court order is among the favor of the societies.

70% of the New Posts are regarding India...:cool:

Two Threads on the same Subject :cool: :cool:

Many housing societies in Mumbai don't allow Muslims to live among them. Similar cases have occurred in the past and the court order is among the favor of the societies.

Its nothing to do with religion, Society who are decent middle class people don't want any spoil boy come and live in society and or any famous actor or actress so that their society peace get disturbed because they have diff life style and middle class people different.

many models also not allowed to buy / rent flats in these society, but the thing is that in India if you are of other religion , one can use religion easily in its favor.

Its nothing to do with religion, Society who are decent middle class people don't want any spoil boy come and live in society and or any famous actor or actress so that their society peace get disturbed because they have diff life style and middle class people different.

many models also not allowed to buy / rent flats in these society, but the thing is that in India if you are of other religion , one can use religion easily in its favor.

:lol: Shabana azmi was also spoiled boy ????

BTW the area where these actors wanted to buy houses is not at all middle class.

Perhaps folks should take a step back and see why these modern muslims dont want to stay in a muslim dominant society. I have never heard of Christians or Hindus or Buddhists or Jains or Sikhs ernestly looking or demanding to stay in a muslim dominant society.

None of my muslim friends stay in a muslim dominated locality. Looks like they are getting places in non-muslim areas and their choice seems to be not to stay in a muslim dominated area. Infact one chap was forced to stay in such a place(in the US) for some time and he moved out of there at the first realistic opportunity he got.

Perhaps folks should take a step back and see why these modern muslims dont want to stay in a muslim dominant society. I have never heard of Christians or Hindus or Buddhists or Jains or Sikhs ernestly looking or demanding to stay in a muslim dominant society.

None of my muslim friends stay in a muslim dominated locality. Looks like they are getting places in non-muslim areas and their choice seems to be not to stay in a muslim dominated area. Infact one chap was forced to stay in such a place(in the US) for some time and he moved out of there at the first realistic opportunity he got.

Yeh and they wont even want to live among RSS dominated people too ;)

On a seriouse note this is not the point whether want to live in muslim area or hindu dominated area. Being Indian if they want to live in a area and they are denied just because they are Muslims then indeed India has still to go a long way to recognise Muslims as Indian citizens.

In fact, this is the true face of secular Indian society. But, our Indian friends, again, will not accept it as usual.

Originally Posted by Su 30mki:

I would like to wait to have some examples of non-Muslim "spoil boys" been denied in such a way.

Hey guys , there are all kinds of people in every country , i don't know why he was denied a flat ... i mean it could be religious profiling but it doesn't mean that 'THIS IS THE TRUE FACE OF INDIAN SOCIETY'. This guy Emraan has millions of fans in india mostly hindus. He wouldn't have been who he is today, had it not been for all his fans most of whom are hindus. Same goes for people like shahrukh, salman , aamir and thousands of other people in india.There are narrow minded people in every country ,in every society and in every community but they are in minority in India. But some guys in pakistan just don't want to believe the obvious coz it makes them feel good.Its not like these guys are not intelligent enough to understand something so basic , they will only talk about this one individual who MAY harbour anti muslim feelings but not about those millions of hindus(along with others) who made emraan hashmi what he is today. Anyways if it makes you feel good about yourself and your country then ... so be it.:tup:I don't think anybody can do anything to help that. And yeah salman khan has made some comments about the entire issue , u guys can google it up and see what he has said(won't be pleasant for some);).

Dude please do not try to defend this! This is bad ****!

Dude please do not try to defend this! This is bad ****!

bro
this is bad and nobody is defending it. We just want to say a bunch of ppl does not project whole country. If u ever had a chance to chat any indian muslim u will know that. We have muslims everywhere at top positions like president sir kalam, cricket captain mohd. azharudin, a top notch IT company's chairperson Azim premji and so on

Even i like that guy imran very much but this time he is playing a cheap minority card to gather publicity for his new movie nothing else

bro
this is bad and nobody is defending it. We just want to say a bunch of ppl does not project whole country. If u ever had a chance to chat any indian muslim u will know that. We have muslims everywhere at top positions like president sir kalam, cricket captain mohd. azharudin, a top notch IT company's chairperson Azim premji and so on

Even i like that guy imran very much but this time he is playing a cheap minority card to gather publicity for his new movie nothing else
I have 20 Indian Muslim friend just for your general knowledge and over 40 Indian Hindu friends.

India no matter how secular they pose they are their society has a deep hatred towards muslims , the sh*ty cast system still exists , lower cast hindus are treated like dogs. Pak is in news now so even small things are shown by the media like what a nightmare is it !!! wait till its Indias turn the same BBc and Cnn who just cant have enough of singing "yeh mera India" will sham India all over the world .... therfore India dont get carried away

Back
Top Bottom