What's new

Egypt & China Pledge Closer Military Cooperation

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Egypt & China Pledge Closer Military Cooperation

The commander-in-chief of Egyptian armed forces met Wednesday in Cairo with visiting Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Ma Xiaotian, pledging to strengthen bilateral military ties.

Mohammed Hussein Tantawi, who is also Egyptian Minister of Defense, said during the meeting that the two countries have seen close cooperation in military, political & economic.

Egypt, China pledge closer military cooperation (People’s Daily) | The China Military Security and Intelligence Blog ???????? - ChinaSecurityBlog.com

Pakistan friends will sell JF-17 to Egypt soon:yahoo:

Pakistan friends will sell JF-17 to Egypt soon:yahoo:

Now that you mentioned it I begin to see it as a three country cooperation possibility. Which other country might egypt draw in next?

Now that you mentioned it I begin to see it as a three country cooperation possibility. Which other country might egypt draw in next?

don't count on it, egypt wants to buy more F-16s too.

most of the middle eastern countries are just grass in the political winds. only iran and israel even have industrial bases, the rest sell oil to survive.

egypt has cut down the number of F-16 blk52 order from 24 to 20..
If egypt wanted it could diverted funds and asked us to upgrade its current fleet of F-16s to atleast block 50 and order couple of squads of F-16s instead of going for JF-17s..yes so Egypt is deeply interested in JF-17 because it'll be easy for them to maintain 1 type instead of old F-7/Mirage V/Mig21/F-4s..

don't count on it, egypt wants to buy more F-16s too.

most of the middle eastern countries are just grass in the political winds. only iran and israel even have industrial bases, the rest sell oil to survive.

So the key is still US, I see ;-)

Back
Top Bottom