What's new

Efficacy of using a emoticon.

for truth

Reaction score
Country
India
people, I seen a lot of gentlemen and some ladies here using emoticons in almost every post of their's.

My observation:

People who generally use emoticon find hard to express or have problem to express. Since English is advanced and good enough to express, What is the need of emoticon?

People who have generally used and been using a emoticon, use it to mock others; clearly, i find more emoticons that are intended to mock others than those to express ideas.

Use of emoticon, in my view, neither increases nor adds any value to the garbage that we post,as i said, words are good enough, using of emoticon proves pointless when the words themselves are caustic, sarcastic, humiliating etc.

I have to admit that, the most senior members-not by number of posts,but by their diplomatic language-often use less emoticon, and when they get into an heated argument, use emoticon that in many ways will be subtly different from an emoticon that a fool uses.

And the kids, who often pass on the hate comments or just go trolling around the PDF, use a hell lot of emoticons.

My question

Why use emoticon when you can make your point clear just by posting the comment in plain English or any other language?

Why use emoticon when you can make your point clear just by posting the comment in plain English or any other language?

I couldn't agree more.

I find use of emoticons to be juvenile .

However, given the continuously falling levels of use of english language and thanks to the net & mobile phone the acceptance of short cuts coupled with not wanting to put pen to paper such ' props' have become common usage.

I was shocked to see some youngsters use this in corporate communication as well - this was put a stop to.

Well.. well. A sign of the times...

This is falling levels of use of language one was referring to - use of wrong words & inability to proof read.

With time maybe an emoticon will soon be seen for ' revolve' as well.

No errors shall be made thereafter I expect.

people, I seen a lot of gentlemen and some ladies here using emoticons in almost every post of their's.

My observation:

People who generally use emoticon find hard to express or have problem to express. Since English is advanced and good enough to express, What is the need of emoticon?

People who have generally used and been using a emoticon, use it to mock others; clearly, i find more emoticons that are intended to mock others than those to express ideas.

Use of emoticon, in my view, neither increases nor adds any value to the garbage that we post,as i said, words are good enough, using of emoticon proves pointless when the words themselves are caustic, sarcastic, humiliating etc.

I have to admit that, the most senior members-not by number of posts,but by their diplomatic language-often use less emoticon, and when they get into an heated argument, use emoticon that in many ways will be subtly different from an emoticon that a fool uses.

And the kids, who often pass on the hate comments or just go trolling around the PDF, use a hell lot of emoticons.

My question

too much use of words and emoticons are :devil:

I am a culprit too, hope you are not judging me mate. :)
I use only 2 smileys, either happy or sad face. Sometimes to make it clear(especially if using sarcasm)

My observation:

My question

:rofl::woot::chilli:

My observation:

My question

Cant you post this in lesser words?-

i mean all you have to say was-
My question

Seeing that you have edited your post aswell- seems like your post went through a lot of thought process-
are to that much irked by the usage of emoticons?-

:rofl:-

^^ how does that feel?-

:bunny: <=== how does this feel?-

or this :taz: or that :bounce:-

:woot: do you like them now?- :whistle:-

You mad bro?- :oops:-

There is nothing you can do about it- :crazy_pilot:-

hey You de-sensitised troll

emoticons.gif

Some posts on this forum as so out of this world i cant think of any word that would fit better in reply to them like the :rofl:

And actually, an emoticon is there to display the emotions which "get lost" through the net.
Some words have double meanings, sometimes you just wanna say something in English which you aint sure that the person you are writing to will understand as a joke so you add a smile at the end for clarity.
Using them in excessive amounts makes posts look like a badly decorated christmas tree....

Back
Top Bottom