What's new

Dr. A.Q Khan passed away

Kindly have mercy over the deceased. No matter what he was and what was between him and previous government should be avoided as discussion.
Let's remember him in kind words and avoid any kind of controversial talks and distasteful discussion.

Regards

The Pakistan Defence forum management would like to express deep sorrow for the death of Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan.
Dr. A.Q Khan was Pakistani nuclear scientist because of whom we stand here today as a proud and powerful nation. He had also established educational institutions and wrote several books. He also published research papers on spread of nuclear technology .We would like to express deep condolences from his friends and family.

Regards
The Pakistan Defence team.
A great loss. May Allah bless him with Jannah.

إِنَّا لِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

To ALLAH SWT we belong and to HIM we return.

How can we forget this day, brought by the efforts of Dr. AQ Khan and other notable people.

A controversial figure with massive contribution along with others. Whose commercialization of proprietary secret technology I could never agree with but that will always be for history to judge.
When there is no stomach(nor on this forum & nor in the corridors of the "State" ) for discussion about "State" and its actions in a macro or micro spectrum then why bother with this tanaz.

Last edited:
Controversial or not, he did help make Pakistan more secure, as a true Pakistan he did what ever it took to safe guard his country, Now he is with Almighty I hope he will show him mercy.

Rightful obituary!
He could have done more after nuclear bomb. His major skills were metallurgy which is key for turbofan engines and all high temperature engineering applications. He could be given task of producing a turbofan engine. In twenty years a viable turbofan engine could be in service and JFT might be flying with it and T-129 could also had a Pakistani engine.

AQK did do more after the Nuclear bomb, he set a standard of selfless service , beyond nepotism and corruption, and created teams of hundreds of scientists and engineers who will carry on his work. He loved Pakistan and Pakistan loved him, his story is a story of Pakistan : victorious over hard struggles against terrible odds. We must also look after his family who too made a lot of sacrifices and supported him through thick and thin. May Allah protect his family from the evil and corrupts and relieve their pain for such a tragic loss.

Last edited:
AQK did do more after the Nuclear bomb, he set a standard of selfless service , beyond nepotism and corruption, and created teams of hundreds of scientists and engineers who will carry on his work. He loved Pakistan and Pakistan loved him, his story is a story of Pakistan : victorious over hard struggles against terrible odds. We must also look after his family who too made a lot of sacrifices and supported him through thick and thin. May Allah protect his family from the evil and corrupts and relieve their pain for such a tragic loss.
Yes, indeed.
Unreal love and service this is. Making Pakistan 7th declared nuclear power and and then took the blame. He has his reward with Allah.
مٹی کی محبت میں ہم آشفتہ سروں نے
وہ قرض اتارے ہیں کہ واجب بھی نہیں تھے
----------------------------------
شورش نے کہا تھاکہ

زمین پر جب کوئی افتاد تازہ سر اٹھائے گی
ہماری جراتوں کی داستانیں جگمگائو گے
ہم ایسے لوگ یاروں آئے دن پیدا نہیں ہوتے
پھروگے ڈھونڈتے لیکن ہمیں ہرگز نہ پا سکو گے

A controversial figure with massive contribution along with others. Whose commercialization of proprietary secret technology I could never agree with but that will always be for history to judge. Not for this kid who sat on his lap for a photo back in the late 80s. May Allah grant him the best.
May he rest in peace and may God forgive his sins.
Regarding the the whole "commercialization of proprietary secret technology"...
...while I have no doubt that happened...and on average...greed is a normal human quality plaguing us all to various degrees. I find it highly doubtful that he could do that without the state knowing. With the great importance given to Pak's nuclear program...ISI and MI most likely kept tabs on AQ Khan and others like him with involvement in Pakistan's nuclear program.

Therefore it is my opinion that all of those things that he took the fall for...were done for the state. We must keep in mind that Pak faced great challenges in developing nuclear weapons tech...in terms of money and expertise. So it makes sense that tech was shared in return for tech...almost as a form of currency. I can't remember the name of the documentary at this time...but there was one I watched where it explored Pak's nuclear program...it focused on Pak acquiring fissile material(uranium) from Niger. Yes they had child labor and other labor abuse...yes the workers were not wearing protective equipment(weren't given any)...yes the political leadership(of Niger) profited off of it in all the corrupt ways we are too familiar with.
...whether or not we agree with such things...and whatever our positions may be in terms of morality...
IMO these were necessary evils...that happened with full involvement of the state...the only thing is they kept the element of plausible deniability...and when it came time for a fall guy...A Q Khan became that fall guy.

Some patriots die in wars defending the country and are eulogized, bestowed with medals, etc...others do a quiet service to their country even accepting disgrace and humiliation in return.

A controversial figure with massive contribution along with others. Whose commercialization of proprietary secret technology I could never agree with but that will always be for history to judge. Not for this kid who sat on his lap for a photo back in the late 80s. May Allah grant him the best.

I have met him back in the day. His contributions remain critical to the country, but like all great characters in history, he was far from perfect as a person. May he rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom