What's new

Diplomat: Iran, Pakistan to Make Final Decision on IP Gas Pipeline Soon

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
139207171235457441322293.jpg

TEHRAN (Tasnim) - Iran’s consul general in the Pakistani city of Lahore announced that high-ranking officials representing the two countries will in the near future launch talks to reach a final decision on the fate of Iran-Pakistan (IP) gas pipeline project.

Speaking to reporters in Pakistan’s Sialkot on Tuesday, Iran’s Consul General in Lahore Mohammad Hossain Bani Asadi said the fate of the IP gas pipeline will be determined during Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s upcoming visit to Iran.

He said Sharif is expected to discuss the issues pertaining to the completion of the multi-billion-dollar pipeline --projected to carry natural gas from Iran to Pakistan-- at a meeting with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in the near future.

According to a number of Pakistani diplomats, Sharif will visit neighboring Iran in the near future in order to discuss the ground for the enhancement of the ties between Islamabad and Tehran.

Elsewhere in his comments, Bani Asadi said he could not make any predictions about the fate of the IP gas pipeline.

The IP pipeline is designed to help Pakistan overcome its growing energy needs at a time when the country of over 180 million people is grappling with serious energy shortages.

The government of Pakistan, which suffers from chronic energy shortages, especially in the summer, has made it clear that addressing the country’s longstanding energy problems will be its top priority, and that it has no plans to reverse the decision on the completion of IP pipeline.

The final construction phase of the IP pipeline was inaugurated on March 11, 2013. Iran has already built 900 kilometers of the pipeline on its soil.

Pakistan, however, has fallen short of constructing the 700-kilometer part of the pipeline on its territory.

Tasnim News Agency - Diplomat: Iran, Pakistan to Make Final Decision on IP Gas Pipeline Soon

This pipeline is seriously had become a Dream in Pipeline. Once you hear there is soft loan on table by Iran and next day they deny it o_O . I hope this time is final :mad: meeting . The sooner you have this pipeline the sooner we get more gas via Pakistan and better for both of us .

Ok let me speculate ..... the biggest hurdle in the construction of this pipeline is almost removed ....... gas price should be renegotiate ..... once done the project could be initiated in 2014 ..... (note: its all hypothetical & speculative comment)

This pipeline is seriously had become a Dream in Pipeline. Once you hear there is soft loan on table by Iran and next day they deny it o_O . I hope this time is final :mad: meeting . The sooner you have this pipeline the sooner we get more gas via Pakistan and better for both of us .

Highly unlikely this project will ever finish. Now that NS is in power he will be towing the line of KSA.
610x.jpg

Ok let me speculate ..... the biggest hurdle in the construction of this pipeline is almost removed ....... gas price should be renegotiate ..... once done the project could be initiated in 2014 ..... (note: its all hypothetical & speculative comment)

Nawaz uses Saudi $3 billion gift to fund this project :taz:

(note: its also hypothetical & speculative comment)

This is what they call a "pipe dream". Literally as well as figuratively.

Not gonna happen, forget about the pipeline , cant make happy everybody at the same time.

It would be such a shame if this project is put on the back burner because we are too afraid too stand up for the sake of Pakistan and its interest. This was the most feasible project in the short term to help Pakistan overcome its acute energy shortage. What a waste

If this pipe-line is in interest of Pakistan, then we should forward.

Pakistan needs to restart its economy on full-throttle and go forward for decades non-stop!

Ground-work must be laid properly...

It would be such a shame if this project is put on the back burner because we are too afraid too stand up for the sake of Pakistan and its interest. This was the most feasible project in the short term to help Pakistan overcome its acute energy shortage. What a waste
why do u think this pipeline is in Pakistans interest???.....o_Oyeh ban gayi toh saudi aid nahi milega...

the best thing for Pakistan is to keep the fate of this pipeline in suspended animation,,,,while using it to milk money from both saudi n Iran :agree: (note:its a all out baniya comment:p:)

Last edited:
why do u think this pipeline is in Pakistans interest???.....o_Oyeh ban gayi toh saudi aid nahi milega...

the best thing for Pakistan is to keep the fate of this pipeline in suspended animation,,,,while using it to milk money from both saudi n Iran :agree: (note:its a all out baniya comment:p:)

same as Indian used IPI chip to bargain nuclear deal with USA ..... yaap that strategy worked in past hopefully will work in future as well ..... :enjoy:

Nawaz uses Saudi $3 billion gift to fund this project :taz:

(note: its also hypothetical & speculative comment)

no with Pkistan's own development funds ...... :angel:

(note: again it is a hypothetical & speculative comment) ...... :whistle:

same as Indian used IPI chip to bargain nuclear deal with USA ..... yaap that strategy worked in past hopefully will work in future as well ..... :enjoy:
hehe.....dekho noocliah deal bhi mila,,,,Iran se oil bhi.....
ab toh India Iran pipeline ki baate bhi shuru ho gayee hai...pata nahi issey kya kya milta hai....
sach me yaar hum log sahi me baniye hai:p:

I don't think this will materialise ... Nawaz sharif has sided with Saudis as usual .. Forking the balance of foriegn policy to the sake of $$... Not that I'm not being thankful for the gift? But there are no free lunches .. I wonder what he gave/sold in return...

Back
Top Bottom