What's new

Chinese police, U.S. soldiers conduct first joint patrol in Port-au-Prince

grey boy 2

Reaction score
Country
China
Chinese police, U.S. soldiers conduct first joint patrol in Port-au-Prince - People's Daily Online

e01cbbc32d55e73b19b87c7a96307182.jpg

Chinese peacekeeping policeman carrying out a UN mission pose for photos with U.S. soldiers in a joint patrol in Port-au-Prince, capital of Haiti, Jan. 28, 2010. Appointed by the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH), Chinese peacekeeping policemen potrolled with U.S. soldiers together on Thursday. It was the first time that MINUSTAH appointed the U.S. army to participate in a combined action in Haiti. (Xinhua/Wu Xiaoling)

Chinese peacekeeping riot police and U.S. troops Thursday carried out their first joint patrol in the quake-battered Haitian capital, as designated by the UN Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH).

Hendre Ciprian, a Romanian police officer with MINUSTAH who coordinated the patrol, told Xinhua that the operation, the first one joined by U.S. soldiers at MINUSTAH's invitation, was aimed at assisting Haitian police in keeping social stability and capturing criminal suspects.

A tactics team of 10 Chinese riot police and two squads from the U.S. 82nd Airborne Division conducted the patrol.

b214d599f3486cfabc25d563b268e5ea.jpg

A Chinese peacekeeping policeman (Front) carrying out a UN mission potrols with U.S. soldiers appointed by the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) in Port-au-Prince, capital of Haiti, Jan. 28, 2010. It was the first time that MINUSTAH appointed the U.S. army to participate in a combined action in Haiti. (Xinhua/Wu Xiaoling)

The joint forces patrolled some densely populated areas in the city center including the Saint Joseph vegetable market, the Hypolite commercial area, and a neighborhood.

The forces kept guard when the Haitian special police were questioning and searching for suspects. The Haitian special police arrested one criminal suspect and brought the person to a police station for further interrogation.
e1905fb1d2af114e476da27c94602700.jpg

A Chinese peacekeeping policeman carrying out a UN mission potrols with a U.S. soldier appointed by the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) in Port-au-Prince, capital of Haiti, Jan. 28, 2010. It was the first time that MINUSTAH appointed the U.S. army to participate in a combined action in Haiti. (Xinhua/Wu Xiaoling)

Ciprian expressed his satisfaction over the one-and-a-half-hour joint patrol, saying MINUSTAH would carry out more similar operations to help restore order in Port-au-Prince.

Currently, nearly 130 Chinese riot police are deployed on a peacekeeping mission in Haiti as part of the 9,000-strong MINUSTAH.

Source: Xinhua

Wow! Reall weird, huh?
They were naturally born to sit on opposite side of a negotiation table. Oh boy, I think now I can really use a Sarcozy to mix in between them. :rofl:

Just hope everything goes well
那里的人对於中国人派人到那有什么看法...好?壞?事不关己?
(这种问题看新闻没用)
可不希望中国被那的人討厭...什致憎恨
那里有平民能上网的吗? 想找几个问问...

有人幫我问吗? 不知怎么开口用英語问? (怕问不好讓人反感)

Last edited:
I couldn't help it, but "Are martians attacking at this moment?" :rofl:
This can only happen in that scenario. :rofl::rofl:

On a serious note, both sides are too pride and there is a religion barrier.

grey boy2,are you a member of CCP?

Westwind, you might be making the biggest mistake in your life by

exposing my secret identity, i am not only a member of CCP, but also

a secret agent from China.

Now you left me no choice but need to eliminate you for good.

"You can run but you can't hide" HaHaHa:cheers::china:

听国内的朋友説...説錯話被查了一般最多警告一下吧
他也只是听説的...身边没人試过~~~ 不sure

美国名声不好 凑那么近干什么?
TG现在就像个绿头苍蝇,没事老爱往MD这屎盆子上凑。

听国内的朋友説...説錯話被查了一般最多警告一下吧
他也只是听説的...身边没人試过~~~ 不sure

不透露军事机密就行,上次爆了点猛料,第二天就把我封了,过了半个月才解封。。。。

Last edited:
TG现在就像个绿头苍蝇,没事老爱往MD这屎盆子上凑。

不透露军事机密就行,上次爆了点猛料,第二天就把我封了,过了半个月才解封。。。。

呵呵~~~越来越文明了~~~不錯~~~:china:

grey boy 2同志,我可把你盼来了!乡亲们都想你啊!:cry:

Last edited:
呵呵~~~越来越文明了~~~不錯~~~:china:

You are from toronto? Scaboro, Markham or North York? Is it cold there this year? Got heavy snow? Nice to meet you.

You are from toronto? Scaboro, Markham or North York? Is it cold there this year? Got heavy snow? Nice to meet you.

East York, south of Scarborough.
nah, there weren't much snow this yr.
nice to meet you too~~:cheers:

希望各位大大夺爆点料!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom