What's new

China's AVIC boosts performance in first half of 2016

cranwerkhan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) has attributed double-digit growth in the first half of fiscal year (FY) 2016 to reforms to improve efficiencies, quality and management.

The state-owned company said on 22 July that sales in the six months to the end of June reached CNY153.7 billion (USD23 billion), an increase of 11.4% over the same period in FY15. Net profit climbed 17.8% to CNY7.3 billion.

AVIC's General Manager Tan Ruisong said the company's performance is linked directly with measures introduced by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission to improve "the quality and efficiency of work arrangements", the promotion of innovation within China's aviation industry, and "solid and effective management" reforms.

http://www.janes.com/article/62503/china-s-avic-boosts-performance-in-first-half-of-2016

I want to see China allow private companies to develop weapons and see them compete with SOEs.

Private companies can develop game changing technologies because small private companies have to be innovative in order to survive amongst the hundreds of other small companies.

I'm not saying get rid of SOEs, they should be the core, but I'm saying allow private companies equal access to financing and allow them to compete on equal terms to win PLA contracts.

China needs a massive military buildup and it will need to mobilise all the resources in China.

I want to see China allow private companies to develop weapons and see them compete with SOEs.

Private companies can develop game changing technologies because small private companies have to be innovative in order to survive amongst the hundreds of other small companies.

I'm not saying get rid of SOEs, they should be the core, but I'm saying allow private companies equal access to financing and allow them to compete on equal terms to win PLA contracts.

China needs a massive military buildup and it will need to mobilise all the resources in China.

What needs to happen first is to extend the supply chain to bring in private sector in a bigger way. Allow the private sector to develop defence products for export market in paralel.

Strategic weapons are the responsibility of the State. Always. But for the rest private sector must be integerated to foster innovation and quality.

At the same time do we wish to create an private millitary industrial complex? They might become a great lobby which might not be such a good thing.

But agree with your thought process.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom