What's new

China top Medal tally-World Swimming Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its off topic but why is that countries that are great powers start winning olympics medal? Like during cold war era it was russia and usa and now we see china.

In a word,Money.

If Pakistan and India started to pour in money for scouring and developing athletic talents,We would feature highly on the medals tally too.Here's the trick part, while you would need to invest in sporting events that you are good at but also take up sporting events where winning can be achieved via tweaking the game on your favorable side rather than pure talent.

Allow me to explain that last statement.There are pure athletics events where the results are determined solely on running faster,throwing farther or swimming faster.For example,There's pretty much nothing you can do about the 100 mts race.It is a fact that no Asian man has been able to secure a Gold medal in 100 meters sprint and no amount of throwing money on the issue will help.Your best chances is to concentrate on sports which can be benefited through dedication and monetary investment.

In essence, you would need to concentrate on events like synchronized swimming,diving,shooting,rowing,gymnastics,table-tennis as well as group events like volleyball,basketball etc.where you can change the performance of your athletes via world class training and infrastructure.That's how rich countries with large populations and money to spend can beat racially diverse Western countries that can afford to field an all Black track and field team and sport an all Caucasian Aquatics team.You might be not able to face the United States in individual events but at least you can even their advantage out and lead the medals tally.

In a word,Money.

If Pakistan and India started to pour in money for scouring and developing athletic talents,We would feature highly on the medals tally too.Here's the trick part, while you would need to invest in sporting events that you are good at but also take up sporting events where winning can be achieved via tweaking the game on your favorable side rather than pure talent.

Allow me to explain that last statement.There are pure athletics events where the results are determined solely on running faster,throwing farther or swimming faster.For example,There's pretty much nothing you can do about the 100 mts race.It is a fact that no Asian man has been able to secure a Gold medal in 100 meters sprint and no amount of throwing money on the issue will help.Your best chances is to concentrate on sports which can be benefited through dedication and monetary investment.

In essence, you would need to concentrate on events like synchronized swimming,diving,shooting,rowing,gymnastics,table-tennis as well as group events like volleyball,basketball etc.where you can change the performance of your athletes via world class training and infrastructure.That's how rich countries with large populations and money to spend can beat racially diverse Western countries that can afford to field an all Black track and field team and sport an all Caucasian Aquatics team.You might be not able to face the United States in individual events but at least you can even their advantage out and lead the medals tally.
Bull sht.African countries like Camerron and Kennya have far better records on sports than India.Will you argure that they pump more money into sport than India?
And who tell you that Asians can't win anything in a pure athletic?
BBC SPORT | Athletics | Liu sets new world hurdles record
Liu sets new world hurdles record
_41875978_xiang203.jpg

China's Liu Xiang broke the world record in the men's 110m hurdles by clocking 12.88 seconds on a night of phenomenal performances in Lausanne.

Bull sht.African countries like Camerron and Kennya have far better records on sports than India.Will you argure that they pump more money into sport than India?
And who tell you that Asians can't win anything in a pure athletic?
BBC SPORT | Athletics | Liu sets new world hurdles record
Liu sets new world hurdles record
_41875978_xiang203.jpg

China's Liu Xiang broke the world record in the men's 110m hurdles by clocking 12.88 seconds on a night of phenomenal performances in Lausanne.

That's precisely my point.Africans just are better at sprints.Where are you going to find an African to run for us?The hurdles is the perfect example of my assertion of tweaking the game to suit us.The hurdles just isn't the 100 Meters sprint.I wouldn't hold my breath for a Chinese athlete taking the Gold at the Olympics for the 100 meters sprints.We haven't even broken into the 10 second barrier.

I am not trying to degrade the Chinese domination of the Olympics;It's a truly remarkable feat.I was trying to explain how India and Pakistan might be able to replicate some of it's success.

That's precisely my point.Africans just are better at sprints.Where are you going to find an African to run for us?The hurdles is the perfect example of my assertion of tweaking the game to suit us.The hurdles just isn't the 100 Meters sprint.I wouldn't hold my breath for a Chinese athlete taking the Gold at the Olympics for the 100 meters sprints.We haven't even broken into the 10 second barrier.

I am not trying to degrade the Chinese domination of the Olympics;It's a truly remarkable feat.I was trying to explain how India and Pakistan might be able to replicate some of it's success.

You are confused by yourself.In early post you argured that sport is a pure money thing,now when I give the evidence that Africans play better than India,you tend to insisit that the Africans have a natural talent in sports while Indians don't.And it's wrong again,the 110m hurdle IS the same type of sport like the 100m sprint which the purpose is to test a man's maxim speed.It proved that it's the Indians that can't play well in sports but not the Asians.Be careful,we Chinese and the rest Asians are good at sports.

You are confused by yourself.In early post you argured that sport is a pure money thing,now when I give the evidence that Africans play better than India,you tend to insisit that the Africans have a natural talent in sports while Indians don't.And it's wrong again,the 110m hurdle IS the same type of sport like the 100m sprint which the purpose is to test a man's maxim speed.It proved that it's the Indians that can't play well in sports but not the Asians.Be careful,we Chinese and the rest Asians are good at sports.

Oh baba,fine I'll break this down for you;

Asia has never won a Gold medal in the 100 meters sprints in the Olympics.(We agree?)

You brought up the one off issue of the hurdler Liu Xiang who got a Gold medal in Olympics.Here's an article by the New York Times that details even the surprise of the Chinese themselves on how that happened.The People's Daily noted(Not my words,this is the Chinese Paper's words);

"While Chinese are ''suited'' to sports like Ping-Pong, badminton and gymnastics that require agility and technique, the newspaper noted, purely athletic events are different. Chinese had ''congenital shortcomings" and "genetic differences" that created disadvantages against black and white athletes."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/08/i...tter.html?_r=1&hp=&pagewanted=print&position=

So if I were the Indian or Pakistani Sports Minister,would I put my money on the 100 meters sprints which we have never won or put it in an event which can be developed through direct cash infusion and suited to our advantages?Look up where the Chinese won their medals and you would realize the bulk of the medals come from where training,diet and infrastructure can play a very beneficial role in performance and are not genetically determined.

In my first post I described how the United States can field an all Black(African Americans) sprint team and have an all Caucasian Aquatics team because they do better in their respective fields.Of course African nations(because that's where Africans come from) do well in the sprint events and Australia has a better track record in Aquatics.But America can field athletes from both races and enjoys an edge due to the same.India or Pakistan can't afford to do that because we don't have a high African or Caucasian populous.Ergo,we need to invest in the fields where we would get definite results in a short period of time.

Why aren't you getting this fact?Either you didn't read my post in it's entirety or you are just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom