What's new

China to donate 200 Million Dollars for Flood Aid.

Patriot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
BEIJING — China is to give another 200 million dollars in emergency flood aid to Pakistan, Premier Wen Jiabao announced during a visit to New York for a UN anti-poverty summit.

The announcement comes a month after Beijing faced sharp criticism of its relief pledges from Washington's pointman on Pakistan, Richard Holbrooke, who called on Islamabad's close ally to "step up to the plate" and do more to help.

"I wish to take this opportunity to announce that China will, on top of the pledged assistance, provide another 200 million dollars of assistance to Pakistan," Wen said.

China had previously offered about 47 million dollars in aid to Pakistan following the devastating floods, which UN agencies say affected 21 million people and left 12 million in need of emergency food aid.

Torrential rain began falling in northern Pakistan in July and the floods have since moved slowly south, wiping out villages and farmland, and affecting an area roughly the size of England.

This summer, China itself has been battling its worst floods in more than a decade, which left thousands dead or missing.
- I think this brings China to the top donor as it has provided 47 million before so 247 million total along with supplies and other things.

AFP: China pledges more cash for Pakistan flood victims

- I think this brings China to the top donor as it has provided 47 million before so 247 million total along with supplies and other things.

Not really but its about time China started pulling its weight as per its partneship with Pakistan as well as its size of the economy

Saudi Arabia and US still lead in donations.

UN Secretary General Ban-Ki moon called for an “urgent” global response to “one of the biggest and most complex natural disasters we have faced in the history of the United Nations”. Britain doubled its flood aid to $210 million, the United States said it was now offering $340 million and the European Union $350 million. Saudi Arabia said it had also donated $345 million in government and public funds. Iran has allotted $100 million. Britain has added 70 million pounds to its existing 64 million pounds in emergency aid, taking the total to about $210 million, said UK International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell on Sunday.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Not really but its about time China started pulling its weight as per its partneship with Pakistan as well as its size of the economy

Saudi Arabia and US still lead in donations.

Taking into China's real price, has far surpassed the United States and Saudi Arabia, but it is really nothing to be calculated, the relationship between China and Pakistanalwanta always long-term, the Chinese really care about Pakistan, all aid is unconditional, after China will focus on reconstruction in Pakistan, it is also a long-term help.

Taking into China's real price, has far surpassed the United States and Saudi Arabia, but it is really nothing to be calculated, the relationship between China and Pakistanalwanta always long-term, the Chinese really care about Pakistan, all aid is unconditional, after China will focus on reconstruction in Pakistan, it is also a long-term help.

China is going to be the main contributor when phase II(reconstruction and rehabilitation)starts..It is said that far better infrastructure will be build in the flood hit area because china has vast experience in this field owing to the floods she faced in past...No doubt Pak-china friendship is deeper than the ocean...:pakistan::china:

@huzihaidao12

I am only talking about the dollar amounts, so I dont' see how China can surpass US and Saudi Arabia in dollar amounts when their aid is clearly about $300 million plus.

I don't even need to mention that huge military aid and the Kerry Luger Bill that gives just civilian aid of about US $1.5B per year. Something that China doesn't even begin to match.

Ofcourse, rest assured many Pakistanis will still think that the Saudis and Chinese had the best response in to the flood aid at the end of the day. No matter what the US does, I doubt they will be able to get more than a temporary increase in their image in Pakistan given the present mindset.

@huzihaidao12

I am only talking about the dollar amounts, so I dont' see how China can surpass US and Saudi Arabia in dollar amounts when their aid is clearly about $300 million plus.

I don't even need to mention that huge military aid and the Kerry Luger Bill that gives just civilian aid of about US $1.5B per year. Something that China doesn't even begin to match.

Ofcourse, rest assured many Pakistanis will still think that the Saudis and Chinese had the best response in to the flood aid at the end of the day. No matter what the US does, I doubt they will be able to get more than a temporary increase in their image in Pakistan given the present mindset.

"Sour Grapes Award": And the "Winner" is.......:yahoo:

sour+grapes.jpg

:cheers: :partay:
PS, may God bless China's efforts for helping the needed.:tup:

@huzihaidao12

Then you can open a new thread to talk about your ideas.But none of the Chinese here has any interests.Sorry,this thread belongs to the Chinese and Pakistanis.Plus our friendship can not be caculated by money,please leave us along.

@huzihaidao12

Do you think China has no other aid? We support a large number of infrastructure projects and energy projects, as well as the most critical technology, the Americans will only weapons, will not technology, will not make you self-reliance. Even more critical is that we do not need to bring Pakistan war, U.S. aid to Pakistan in fact is just compensation, so far not enough, the United States bring harmv to Pakistan much larger than aid.

aid is not a pissing contest, china has been assisting Pakistani for decades(including projects, business deals in an dangerous environment other would not work in, out right gifts, loan with low interest etc.), has never implemented an sanction on it, and has used its influence in the past for Pakistan's benefit. if it was a contest then taking these into consideration whos "winning" now?

Leave it Chinese Members.Indians are extremely jealous of indispensable foreign relations between China and Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom