What's new

China Ready to Mass Market J10 OVER JF17

Most interesting points from the Source are that.

1. J10 is considered to inferior to F16/52

2. China sees J10 as its main stay to win new contracts overseas.

3. That Russia is weary of China using Russian engines to export fighters.

4. That chinease technology in engines and radar is inferior to Russia & West.

Maverick, just a suggestion, at least try to hide your personal bias. If you carry on this way, you'll never make a good reporter.

China Ready to Mass Market J10 OVER JF17
Different categories of fighters altogether. Heavily loaded statement, does not do your image any favours.
J10 is considered to inferior to F16/52
Ofcourse. J-10B is a different beast altogether.
low cost 4TH GENERTION fighter
Yes. Low cost plus high quality equals what?
chinease technology in engines and radar is inferior to Russia & West.
"Russia & West" have been making planes since the early 20th century. Chinese industry is how old? And yet, look at them, capable of producing fighter jets of comparable quality. If I were "Russia & West", I'd be quivering in my boots.

jf17 are not exported to any other country till paf needs are met.. no country provides the best aircraft that they have[chinese j10b] to all the countries except to a select few[paf]... other countries only get the j10a

J10 and Jf17 have their own market... If you produce oil then they will offer it. If you want a decent cheap fighter you can buy the JF17. But if China is welling to sell then:

1. They need oil/resources desperately
2. They are busy with atleast of generation after J10

Author states SD-10a, which is an improvement of SD-10, have an extended range of 70km. According to Jane (quoting CATIC), SD-10 had 80km (or sometimes referred to as 70+) range already.

Also janes (again quoting catic) has claimed the missile to be 180kg while the author is quoting 198kg.

IIRC, that J-10 pics with arresting hooks turned out to be PS.

J-10 will not be exported until before 2014 (May never be exported because of US access of most of the nations)...unless china uses complete Chinese avionics radars and engine China is far off way from exporting J-10..Only customer of the J-10 is going to be Pakistan i am doubting the export to Gulf simply because of the Arab-US love relationship that can give easy access to Chinese J-10...The only Market for the Entry level mid 4th generation fighter after 2013-2014 is FC-1 hoping it would not be entry but intermediate 4th Generation as is still impressively promising at the moment.The Tech provided with FC-1 will make up the market PESA-AESA is must...failure is not an option for marketing this product with FC-1/JF-17..away from the topic i see saudis and malaysia has F-5s JF-17 might prove to be best for such nations as replacement but if US don't jump into offering blk 52s in cheap atleast..

Last edited:
J-10 already has complete chinese avionics, the only thing lacking is chinese engine which is anyone's guess whether Russia will allow it or not.

Arab states are unlikely to go for Chinese aircrafts anytime soon, but North African and South American countries definitely are prospective customers and J-10 can find a market there though less likely anytime soon.

J-10 and JF-17 belong to different class and are unlikely to be competing against one another but would rather be complementing each other as they will do in the PAF forming a two-tier force.

The fundamental question for both these fighters are engines, whether Russian approval or chinese indigenous.

mean bird i am talking about next generation avionics to compete with atleast block 60 F-16 if not EF2000 OR RAFALE OR M2000-5/9...AESA/PESA is must if ever Chinese wants to selloff their J-10 on mass scale because US is willing to offer F-16s to most excluding Pakistan the rest of the world will be happy to procure F-16 blk 60 any time..i'm confident by 2014 Chinese AESA-PESA and indigenous engine to be ready for productions..

China will be selling many j-10's but the version will not be the same as PAF are getting that is j-10B!

This article seems strange!

1.JF-17 2.5-generation fighters? I thought it was 3.5th gen

2.As a third-generation combat aircraft, the J-10A will pose a real threat to the Indian Air Force.? When india has a fleet of 4.5gens and 5th gens coming by 2015?

3.the J-10A lags far behind the F-16 Block 52.! AH!!!! thank god

mean bird i am talking about next generation avionics to compete with atleast block 60 F-16 if not EF2000 OR RAFALE OR M2000-5/9...AESA/PESA is must if ever Chinese wants to selloff their J-10 on mass scale because US is willing to offer F-16s to most excluding Pakistan the rest of the world will be happy to procure F-16 blk 60 any time..i'm confident by 2014 Chinese AESA-PESA and indigenous engine to be ready for productions..

Ah...I thought you meant J-10 doesn't have complete avionics
".unless china uses complete Chinese avionics radars and engine China is far off way from exporting J-10"

My bad then if I misunderstood but it was a bit unclear.

Honestly, the arab nations buying J-10 is more of a political decision than a capability one. Even if J-10 were to match EF and Rafale, I do not think countries like UAE and Saudi going chinese way as long as they fall into the sphere of US influence.

South american nations OTOH are more likely to buy non-US planes where J-10 will have to come into competition with EF, Rafale, Gripen but not US planes.

But for any export, as has been pointed out before engine is the fundamental issue.

the article seems bogus to me as both fighters have different role and markets. currently, J10 is inferior to F16 b52/60 in terms of Avionics but it have a lot of room for upgradation whereas JF17 is a lightweight ADF can replace All J-7/Mig21/MirageIII/V in services of different Airforces. so, J10 is an alternative of western jets to Middle eastern and south American countries whereas JF17 is a cheap F16 for countries like Bangladesh, sudan, Iran, central asian republics.

nik007, you must learn what makes an aircraft a 4th generation and then argue with some good posts instead of flooding this forum with Bullshit! :angry:

the article seems bogus to me as both fighters have different role and markets. currently, J10 is inferior to F16 b52/60 in terms of Avionics but it have a lot of room for upgradation whereas JF17 is a lightweight ADF can replace All J-7/Mig21/MirageIII/V in services of different Airforces. so, J10 is an alternative of western jets to Middle eastern and south American countries whereas JF17 is a cheap F16 for countries like Bangladesh, sudan, Iran, central asian republics.

nik007, you must learn what makes an aircraft a 4th generation and then argue with some good posts instead of flooding this forum with Bullshit! :angry:

allright einstein. where did i go wrong?

allright einstein. where did i go wrong?

first you need to learn what makes and aircraft a 4rth of 4.5th generation then argue here with facts and explanation that why J10/JF17 are a 3rd generation?? do you know that chinese named their aircraft a generation behind the western jets?? you simply dont know what are the features of different generations else you never done trolling like that here

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom