What's new

Cheap Housing In Islamabad? Please Help, Advice Needed

Abu Zolfiqar

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam Aleykum guys,

I recently accepted a job in Islamabad and need advice on housing. I have many relatives who offered to let me stay with them but to be honest I want to live alone in privacy

all i need is a cheap small studio space apartment.

Cousin of mine reccommended I look at G-11 area...he says usually rents are about Rs. 15,000-20,000 per month with utility prices of roundabout

bijli - rs 1500/mo
gas- rs 200
water - rs 100

does this seem accurate? Im trying to figure all this shyt out on my own but do need advice from Islamabad experts. I've been there more times than I can remember but I've never lived there before.

thanks

Salam Aleykum guys,

I recently accepted a job in Islamabad and need advice on housing. I have many relatives who offered to let me stay with them but to be honest I want to live alone in privacy

all i need is a cheap small studio space apartment.

Cousin of mine reccommended I look at G-11 area...he says usually rents are about Rs. 15,000-20,000 per month with utility prices of roundabout

bijli - rs 1500/mo
gas- rs 200
water - rs 100

does this seem accurate? Im trying to figure all this shyt out on my own but do need advice from Islamabad experts. I've been there more times than I can remember but I've never lived there before.

thanks

You can probably find a room with attached bath + kitchen in any sector on same amount (or less). Depending on whether you will be using your own car/ bike or public transport and the location you want (near to market/ office) narrow down the location to a sector then move forward. You can use Zameen.com a number of properties are listed there, you can get a fair idea of rental from there.

In Isloo? bach kay rehna gay bab..........

maa sadkay, are you looking to move into a bathroom?

1500 for bijli - 15,000 to 20,000 for rental :D

Plus there are boys hostels (illegal of course) in many sectors with the additional facility of a cook. I would first look there!

no im not moving into an illegal hostel or any hostel for that matter; why would i do that....

anyyyyways jokes aside -

I've been told G-11 is a good place to look. All I really need is a studio apartment with a bathroom. Car I have but I will likely be using a motorcycle.

as far as gas paani bijli -- i dont know what the rates are in Isloo; in some cases they are at a fixed rate though it is rare.

So tell me how you get the job?-
Jaan pehchaan ya talent?-

I m asking only because the day i get a decent job in Pak i will take it- no matter if it meant a downfall in living standards-
Problem is i have no wastay- and i really want to move in to Pak-

There was another member Bilal Haider who moved to Pakistan- never got the chance to ask him about that-
So kindly help-

Well, I hope your new job is paying.

Don't tell me the move was for patriotism. :lol:

that's all emotional stuff man....my MBA finished, was time to move on.

been scouting all the job sites like Rozee and some of the others; found something that interests me.

i could save money by living with cousins and uncles/aunties but im not trying to do that. Im a recluse

So tell me how you get the job?-
Jaan pehchaan ya talent?-

I m asking only because the day i get a decent job in Pak i will take it- no matter if it meant a downfall in living standards-
Problem is i have no wastay- and i really want to move in to Pak-

There was another member Bilal Haider who moved to Pakistan- never got the chance to ask him about that-
So kindly help-

just go on the job sites...make a decent resume and make extra effort on each application when you submit cover letters. Use keywords, put yourself in the position of the recruiters/HR people

as for "jaan pechan" --- im not from some wadera type family. I dont have connections nor i can drop names and get in.

it's a crap job market; i have cousins in mid 20s doing internship just to make contacts and network. Interning is sometimes the only way to "get in"

that's all emotional stuff man....my MBA finished, was time to move on.
been scouting all the job sites like Rozee and some of the others; found something that interests me.
i could save money by living with cousins and uncles/aunties but im not trying to do that. Im a recluse
just go on the job sites...make a decent resume and make extra effort on each application when you submit cover letters. Use keywords, put yourself in the position of the recruiters/HR people
as for "jaan pechan" --- im not from some wadera type family. I dont have connections nor i can drop names and get in.
it's a crap job market; i have cousins in mid 20s doing internship just to make contacts and network. Interning is sometimes the only way to "get in"

Hi!

I dont know how much you are making, but I assuming you dont want to spend more than 30% of your pay on rent.

If you go for cheap housing in Islamabad, then it will be cheap. The commercial areas offer a bit to bachelors but the quality can be on the downside.

Also, even if you live alone and run one air conditioner at night (that will be hard to avoid), expect your electricity bill to be at least Rs. 3000. Gas is more expensive in north Pakistan than in south Pakistan.

Also, which part of the city will you be working in? Transportation is expensive even if you have your own ride, so figure out how many kilometres will you be averaging every day.

Message me whenever you get the time.

Hi!

I dont know how much you are making, but I assuming you dont want to spend more than 30% of your pay on rent.

If you go for cheap housing in Islamabad, then it will be cheap. The commercial areas offer a bit to bachelors but the quality can be on the downside.

Also, even if you live alone and run one air conditioner at night (that will be hard to avoid), expect your electricity bill to be at least Rs. 3000. Gas is more expensive in north Pakistan than in south Pakistan.

Also, which part of the city will you be working in? Transportation is expensive even if you have your own ride, so figure out how many kilometres will you be averaging every day.

Message me whenever you get the time.

Elmo -- living standard is not important. I just want to go for cheap. Cheaper the better; i dont care about watchman and chokaydaar, i can defend myself under any untoward incident

actually being close to commercial places would be better, since they are closer to public transports....i wont keep a car; maybe just motorcycle or rely on carpool type system with cousins

on bijli -- i will be cheap. I dont need air conditioner. Not trying to sound brave; but i will do okay with paanka. Trust me, i can deal with humidity and sweating while sleeping on a chaar pai. :laugh:

so bottom line -- somewhere cheap but still connected to the city....F-11 would be ideal as its not too much far from my future employer. After being spoiled overseas almost 2.5-3 years it is time for me to re-adjust.

gotta be a man now....as long as theres shelter and some daal chawwal and theres nokkri -- i am happy.

Elmo -- living standard is not important. I just want to go for cheap. Cheaper the better; i dont care about watchman and chokaydaar, i can defend myself under any untoward incident

actually being close to commercial places would be better, since they are closer to public transports....i wont keep a car; maybe just motorcycle or rely on carpool type system with cousins

on bijli -- i will be cheap. I dont need air conditioner. Not trying to sound brave; but i will do okay with paanka. Trust me, i can deal with humidity and sweating while sleeping on a chaar pai. :laugh:

so bottom line -- somewhere cheap but still connected to the city....F-11 would be ideal as its not too much far from my future employer. After being spoiled overseas almost 2.5-3 years it is time for me to re-adjust.

gotta be a man now....as long as theres shelter and some daal chawwal and theres nokkri -- i am happy.

Rora, khairiyat haii ? :what:

Why do you plan on putting yourself through such tough times ? :unsure:

Why didn't you try your luck in some of them emerging economies of the Far-East or whatever part of the Western World which isn't reeling from recession - Canada perhaps ? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom