What's new

Change 'Thank' system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I suggest Admin get rid of the 'Thank' system and introduce vote up/vote down system.They can also introduce other rating systems along with voting!This way we can see the ratio of agreement and disagreement instead of only agreement which we see from number of thanks one gets!

Already suggested...

But nothing been done about it. my suggestion is " instead of being ceremonial this reputation system should decide eligibility to post on seniors cafe" but if every tom disck harry can vote worthless posters will get vote for their worthless posts, so may be only think tanks and jr. think tanks should be allowed to vote or along with a members increased reputation, the reputations points he can give by a single vote should also increase, assuming they will vote for quality posts only we can maintain a well balanced system.

moderators should not have voting rights, but they should be able to give negative reputation points when ever they delete posts for off topic, no value, troll posts etc.

But nothing been done about it. my suggestion is " instead of being ceremonial this reputation system should decide eligibility to post on seniors cafe" but if every tom disck harry can vote worthless posters will get vote for their worthless posts, so may be only think tanks and jr. think tanks should be allowed to vote or along with a members increased reputation, the reputations points he can give by a single vote should also increase, assuming they will vote for quality posts only we can maintain a well balanced system.

moderators should not have voting rights, but they should be able to give negative reputation points when ever they delete posts for off topic, no value, troll posts etc.

Thanks means, I like/agree with your post.

Nothing more. It's not a quality gauge. The method you're suggesting would only be a public opinion gauge. Quality is something that can't be determined democratically and requires experts.

We have several tiers of determining expertise.

TT top that list followed by JTTs. Among experts we have established democracy.

Albeit, thanks given in no way implies the quality of a post, nonetheless it emboldens and encourages the receiver.
A while back a query thread was opened by a member asking, "Why Indians are so generous in giving thanks".
That being a fact.....it seems that it's the abusing and critical posts that seem to receive more acknowledgement.
Like deleting some posts, perhaps the administration should look into removing the thanks given to silly one liners. !!

we should have a kiss and slap system?

RiasatKhan received 5 kisses from xyz... and 2 slaps from abc?

Just kidding

they riasatkhan will totally confused whether to appreciate kisses or not...he will conclude of slap is more appropriate

Or we can have a rep system alongside a thanks one.

Thanks is for all members while the rep can only be awarded by Mods, TTs, JTTs and Senior Members.

Thanks means, I like/agree with your post.

Nothing more. It's not a quality gauge. The method you're suggesting would only be a public opinion gauge. Quality is something that can't be determined democratically and requires experts.

We have several tiers of determining expertise.

TT top that list followed by JTTs. Among experts we have established democracy.

yes it requires experts, that's why I suggested only think tanks, jr. think tanks should be able to give reputation points, once few people reach certain reputation points they also should be able to give reputation points.
each time a moderator delete a post reputation point will come down.
these are only few suggestions, if you ask inputs from all members I am sure we will get more suggestions and we can make it a fairly good system. this tank system is becoming worthless because of naswar corner and people who thank worthless, troll posts.

this tank system is becoming worthless because of naswar corner and people who thank worthless, troll posts.

Agree with this.
"Thanks" is just a measure of agreement with the post, but the whole thing collapsed due to over-abundance.

It was suggested by me before!
screenshot_thumb

Thumbs%20up%20and%20down%20widget.png

http://www.defence.pk/forums/suggestions-discussions/200391-thumbs-up-thumbs-down.html

Albeit, thanks given in no way implies the quality of a post, nonetheless it emboldens and encourages the receiver.
A while back a query thread was opened by a member asking, "Why Indians are so generous in giving thanks".
That being a fact.....it seems that it's the abusing and critical posts that seem to receive more acknowledgement.
Like deleting some posts, perhaps the administration should look into removing the thanks given to silly one liners. !!

that's true

good,genuine members get encouraged for their valuable posts containing new ideas and information through thanks and they post more and more such posts, which leads to more thanks

good post>thanks>more valuable posts> more thanks

the bad thing is trolls also get encouraged by this system but genuine members should not suffer due to them

Not a good idea. Too complicated and no of keyboard warriors is too much. So no. of like/dislike can not represent the true value of post.
This thank system is less complicated.
But such suggestion can be useful in senior cafe. But not for all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom