Changan vehicles: Three new low cost vehicles launched in Pakistan

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Changan vehicles: Three new low cost vehicles launched in Pakistan
4 Sep, 2018

changan-vehicles-three-new-low-cost-vehicles-launched-in-pakistan-1536078848-8985.jpg

*ISLAMABAD - After announcing to setup an automobile plant, the Master Motor Corporation, a part of the Master group, will be introducing three Changan vehicles in the coming weeks.*

As per local media reports, Master Motors will launch two pickups M8 and M9 and an MPV Karvaan on September 15th. Meanwhile, the SUV will hit the Pakistani roads in 2020.

As per reports, MPV Karvaan, M8 and M9 are expected to cost Rs 1,000,000, Rs 850,000 and Rs 900,000, respectively.

The entry of Changan vehicles come after Honda Toyota and FAW motors hike their prices back in June, due to devaluation of Rupee.

Earlier, the Malaysian automaker Proton would be bringing its vehicles in Pakistan. Proton Holding signed an agreement with Pakistan’s Al Haj Automotive Private Limited, to produce and assemble its electric and eco-friendly cars in Pakistan.

The deal is expected to bring in an investment of $200-300 million in the country and would make Al Haj the exclusive distributor of Proton automobiles in the country.

what was the reason for the near monopoly of Suzuki for these past few decades? why wouldn't Pakistan want European brands to offer domestic production. I never understood why Pakistan only made Suzukis.

what was the reason for the near monopoly of Suzuki for these past few decades? why wouldn't Pakistan want European brands to offer domestic production. I never understood why Pakistan only made Suzukis.
rishwat commission to sarkat of Pakistan!

That was my guess but I wasn't sure. Its good that we hopefully coming out of that dark period in our history.
well lets see if consumers get their heads out of big 3 a**es and go for these new car companies but these new entrants must up their game when it comew to quality and customer service

well lets see if consumers get their heads out of big 3 a**es and go for these new car companies but these new entrants must up their game when it comew to quality and customer service

while keeping prices down, at or below those of suzuki

A welcome change. Time to diversify and get russian cars as well.

A welcome change. Time to diversify and get russian cars as well.

Good Suggestion

Russian Cars are rugged and good for colder weather, they would make great additions to the markets that service those areas. Ultimately the consumers can decide, which is how it should be, and if there are issues, they can be addressed in future models. Ultimately the Pakistani consumer wins.

$300 million deal
70% stakes will be owned by Master Motors
30% stakes by Changan
Will create 10000 direct and indirect jobs In Pakistan
The vehicles will be assembled in Pakistan
M-8 M-9 Karvaan will launch on 15th September 2018. While the SUV will be launched in 2019
They have no plan to Introduce Sedans and Hatchback as they say that people are moving away from Sedans and trends are towards SUV and roads quality are getting better in Pakistan and people are preferring SUVs

Also they aren't introducing Sedan because of Japanese cars sedan huge market and resale values in Pakistan

FB_IMG_1536094832710.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094844296.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094830362.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094849365.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094811362.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094835806.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094808613.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094838362.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094840999.jpg
FB_IMG_1536094857154.jpg

We dont have electricity for our industry and you want a concept car.

Nice.

How about Mercedes SLS Elektro?

Think Big, Act Even Bigger.

I can't afford a Mercedes SLS Elektro, but I am sure there are plenty of people that can afford them in Pakistan. Electric cars are the future Mr troll, government of Pakistan must put in place infrastructure to accommodate the future.

Think Big, Act Even Bigger.

I can't afford a Mercedes SLS Elektro, but I am sure there are plenty of people that can afford them in Pakistan. Electric cars are the future Mr troll, government of Pakistan must put in place infrastructure to accommodate the future.

The future is not here.
Be practical for once instead of trolling.

Back
Top Bottom