What's new

Canadian MQM leader deported for belonging to a terrorist organization

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Judge orders deportation of Pakistani party chief

The head of the Quebec branch of a Pakistani political party is facing deportation after the Federal Court of Canada ruled he belonged to an organization that committed terrorism.

The judge upheld the deportation of Mohammed Kashif Omer, a resident of Montreal, on the grounds he is a member of the Mothaidda Quami Movement, or MQM.

It is the second time this year Canadian courts have ruled the MQM party meets the legal definition of a terrorist organization.

Mr. Omer is one of dozens of Pakistanis whom Canadian immigration authorities are trying to deport because of their involvement in the MQM.

Despite being blamed for the kidnapping, torture and murder of its political rivals in Pakistan, the MQM has opened a Canadian branch called MQM-Canada.

Members of the group have worked on Conservative election campaigns, met Prime Minister Stephen Harper and recently hosted a conference in Calgary.

Conservative MP Art Hanger spoke at the June 8-10 MQM Canada convention, which was attended by several Pakistanis who are being deported for their alleged involvement in terrorism. Mr. Hanger said he did not support the group. Conservative MLA Shiraz Shariff also attended. He said yesterday he was unaware Canadian courts had deemed the MQM a terrorist organization. "Why are we as a nation then allowing them to have a congregation here?" he said.

Among the speakers at the convention was Mr. Omer, who presented a report on the "achievements and future strategy" of the Montreal office of MQM, according to the group's Web Site.

Mr. Omer has no immigration status in Canada. A Canada Border Services Agency spokesman, Erik Paradis, said the court ruling means that the deportation order against Mr. Omer is now in effect.

The MQM is a Pakistani political party that is part of President Pervez Musharraf's ruling coalition. The Canadian MQM branch has never been accused of illegal activities but in Pakistan the party has been blamed for widespread violence, most recently in May when gunfights between the MQM and anti-government demonstrators left more than 40 dead.

MQM officials deny any role in attacks and say they are victims of misinformation spread by Pakistani authorities. Canada's Security Intelligence Review Committee has been looking into complaints from MQM members that immigration authorities have unfairly branded them as terrorists.

Mr. Omer came to Canada in 1998 and was granted refugee status but in 2005 immigration officials said he could not remain in Canada "because he knowingly and for a long period of time belonged to an organization that has engaged in terrorism."

In Pakistan, Mr. Omer had been a member of the MQM and its student wing from 1987 to 1998. He denied any involvement with the MQM in Canada but eventually acknowledged he was in charge of the MQM's Quebec office.

The Immigration and Refugee Board said "Mr. Omer's reasons for trying to hide that, in Canada, he is responsible for the Montreal section of the MQM-Canada lead me to believe that he knew that his party was committing many violent acts."

He appealed the decision to the Federal Court, arguing that the MQM is not a terrorist organization and that the violence was committed by rogue elements in the party, but the court was not convinced.

Old article but worth the sentiment:

Agar Canadian establishment ko Montreal ka mandate kabool nahi toh alag kardein Canada se Montreal ko.

:rofl::rofl: classic case of misinformation, this guy was deported because his asylum application had been rejected and not because he belonged to a terrorist party which also doesnt make sense because MQM canada is fully functioning

Old article but worth the sentiment:

Agar Canadian establishment ko Montreal ka mandate kabool nahi toh alag kardein Canada se Montreal ko.

if montreal votes in favour of separation then montreal will have its choice, will karachi have such a choice, or balochistan?

i dont think so

please dont start comparing things beyond your understandings

:rofl::rofl: classic case of misinformation, this guy was deported because his asylum application had been rejected and not because he belonged to a terrorist party which also doesnt make sense because MQM canada is fully functioning

if montreal votes in favour of separation then montreal will have its choice, will karachi have such a choice, or balochistan?

i dont think so

Self pro claimed genius trying his best to defend Traitors, feel sorry for u.

i dont think so

@Awesome: You probably don't have any response to that?

By the way, you used to be Musharraf's fanboy back in the day, like me. Are you, still?

Self pro claimed genius trying his best to defend Traitors, feel sorry for u.

Traitors, really?

Last edited by a moderator:

By the way, you used to be Musharraf's fanboy back in the day, like me. Are you, still?

Traitors, really?

yes absolutely.

no doubt mqm is a terrorist organization.....one thing i dnt know is y krachities follow him.....

Fear; spine chilling fear explains every thing. However, this is the beginning of the end. This fear has silienced even the big mouth Media... lets supoose, had it been Asfandyar or Imran Khan talking of breaking Pakistan or killing Journalists, what would the Pakistani Media have done to them? just imagine?

Don Altaf controls MQM and its so called intelectuals professional etc through fear... immense fear, to instil that fear, he has set precedants... for example Azeem Tariq, Khalid Waheed, Imran Farooq, Saleem Shahzad and so many others were killed on the slightest indication of difference with Altaf Hussain.

He invokes fear and also plays up fears of Mohajirs against Sindhis, Punjabis and establishment. He also plays up fear of US, UK etc against Karachi's take over by extremists. He will also play up the issue of class in Karachi when he has beaten in DHA and other posh areas. When I say fear, it is not only in one sense.

Moreover, he skillfully manipultes conflcts of Pakistani politics and society to disallow a consensus against his politics. It is easiest to exploit Mohajirs because they are Mohajirs.

They have a slogan, I heard it myself many times ... Jo Qayid (Altaf) ka Ghadar hy ... wo mout ka haqdar hay... (u must have seen the holiganism of MQM workers the other night?

People always raise question that how highly educated Muhajirs are highjaked by a joker like Altaf... why dont they raise voise against him? Because sane voices are silenced like Dr. Zara Hussain (RIP). Do the hostages have many choices? Give them security of life and discover the difference... Believe you me, YOU will be surprized.

I posted a link, he posted his opinion. If it was mis-reported in the link, he should prove it. As far as ability to be separated... Well I think the past few weeks we have seen Karachiites are die hard Pakistanis, ultimately anyone can separate if there is a will. Resistance should be expected, there will be resistance in Canada too.

I appreciate the good things Musharraf he has done. Although I hold him responsible for NRO. Usne toh phir bhi Benazir Bhutto se deal ki thi, but Altaf Hussain ne toh direct Zardari ka saath dia.

I posted a link, he posted his opinion. If it was mis-reported in the link, he should prove it. As far as ability to be separated... Well I think the past few weeks we have seen Karachiites are die hard Pakistanis, ultimately anyone can separate if there is a will. Resistance should be expected, there will be resistance in Canada too.

I appreciate the good things Musharraf he has done. Although I hold him responsible for NRO.

Many amongst his loyal supporters hold the same question and my response usually is, wasn't NRO an opportunity for us, the citizens of Pakistan, to reject the frog leaps of of PPP/PML Governments? Shouldn't we be held responsible for voting in PPP and now PML? All Musharraf did, in the end, was give us the 'option' to make the right choice and we ****ed it up.

the news is from 2007.

That I did point out.

Many amongst his loyal supporters hold the same question and my response usually is, wasn't NRO an opportunity for us, the citizens of Pakistan, to reject the frog leaps of of PPP/PML Governments? Shouldn't we be held responsible for voting in PPP and now PML? All Musharraf did, in the end, was give us the 'option' to make the right choice and we ****ed it up.

Kis khaatay main?

He had no right to forgive Zardari. IF someone steals a roti from tandoor, he'd probably languish in jail... But Someone who stole at least 60 million dollars, gets to go off free? Although he has apologized for it, and I've forgiven him.

Offtopic,
You Hve Been Reported, This Site isnt Owend By You, or PTI Inc?
You Also Needs To Follow Rulles?
Your Thoughts, Allways were Against Those, Who are Against

Offtopic,
You Hve Been Reported, This Site isnt Owend By You, or PTI Inc?
You Also Needs To Follow Rulles?
Your Thoughts, Allways were Against Those, Who are Against

Aankhein khol ke chain of comments parho. Bongian maarne na aya karo. You are best advised to abandon this new found obsession with me.

Back
Top Bottom