Pakistan
News From Elsewhere

Buffalo beauty contest held in Pakistan
_68210252_papericon.jpg
By News from Elsewhere......as found by BBC Monitoring
  • 26 April 2017
_95792209_2.jpg
Image copyrightWIKIMEDIA/JUGNI
Image captionThe light-skinned Azikheli buffalo are especially suited to cold mountainous areas
Around 200 animals have taken part in a competition to find Pakistan's most beautiful Azikheli buffalo.

Farmers and breeders gathered in Mingora, the capital of Pakistan's northern Swat district, for the three-day event to promote the breed, the Dawn newspaper reports. The event was funded by USAID, the American government's civilian foreign aid agency, which stumped up the first prize of 75,000 rupees ($715; £558).

The money was won by Laiq Badar, who is justifiably happy with his herd. "I have 10 buffaloes of the same breed which are the source of our livelihood. Today, I am proud that my buffalo won the first prize," he told Dawn.

Speaking to the official Associated Press of Pakistan news agency, Livestock Ministry official Muhibullah Khan said that the Azikheli breed faced extinction, and that the objective behind this event was to "create awareness among people about the importance of breeding this beautiful animal". It's the first time that a buffalo beauty competition has been held in Pakistan.

The Azikheli buffalo is only found in Swat, and it's said to be the only breed adapted to the region's cold weather, meaning that owners don't have to sell or slaughter them when winter approaches. According to Dawn, experts at the Mingora beauty competition said that the breed was not only beautiful "but it also produced more milk and better meat".

i saw this on bbc.............thought its best not to post it, people may think im weird.

This is just plain wrong on so many levels man. My heart goes out to Yuvraj.

Hope he's allowed the natural route as well. To keep him happy and fit.

Unfortunately, stud animals have this responsibility towards their species. :D

And look at the bright side. Unlike human studs, he doesn't have to pay for the child. And how do we know he doesn't get some on the side?

Does Pakistan have anything like him?!:lol::lol::lol:
download2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

images
[/QUOTE]

Arre bhai baat Buffalo ki ho rahi hai aur aap bull beech mein le aaye?!:-):D

But thanks anyway these are truly magnificent bulls.

Hmmm... interesting. My guess is these are Sahiwal/Multani bulls. AFAIK, they are the best indigenous breed of dairy cattle. Not the bulls, of course!:enjoy:
You people know difference between bull and OX?[/QUOTE]

Bulls are un-castrated whereas oxen are castrated.

images

1413711203.png

243-S, Quaid-e-Azam Industrial Estate Kot Lakhpat,
Lahore 54770,

1267003_orig.jpg

The Most Expensive Buffalo's in The World Comes From Mamasa

1.JPG

i saw this on bbc.............thought its best not to post it, people may think im weird.
Why? Such contests are regularly hold in different countries across the world. China, Germany, Turkey, USA etc. For instance, Australians have similar contests with sheeps. In fact, every British breeders association does the same.

Back
Top Bottom