What's new

Breaking news! Japan just beats USA and win championship in World Baseball Classic!

Pfff, as long as US still wins the "World series".

Every competing country but China fielded at least somebody who currently plays on a US Major League Baseball team. It's the main training ground.

From the Japanese team

Los Angeles Angels Shohei Ohtani returns to Japan after 6 years in the US to pitch against China.

Last edited:
Pfff, as long as US still wins the "World series".

Congrats to Japan, but the US didn’t even send a top 15 pitcher. They all sat out.

Japans a great team with great talent, and they have a huge love for baseball.

Japan's Shohei Otani dedicates this victory not only for Japan, but for S. Korea, Taiwan and China and other Asian participating teams: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/57d29dd320a7504ee620bea509d187bc12d6331b

「台湾のことを考えてくれてありがとう」といったコメントも投稿されている。

Isn't the World series more like the national club game while WBC is more like World international games?

World Baseball Classic has only been played 5 times and unfortunately it is being played while US baseball teams are playing games so not everybody plays in the World Baseball Classic because their teams need them.

Game between the World Series winning Houston Astros today vs the New York Mets

Last edited:
「台湾のことを考えてくれてありがとう」といったコメントも投稿されている。

World Baseball Classic has only been played 5 times and unfortunately it is being played while US baseball teams are playing games so not everybody plays in the World Baseball Classic because their teams need them.

Game between the World Series winning Houston Astros today vs the New York Mets
Yeah I'm more interested in international competition than just club games...

Yeah I'm more interested in international competition than just club games...

The competition is run by the US's Major League Baseball.

POOL A

Taiwan
Netherlands
Cuba
Italy
Panama

POOL B

Japan
South Korea
Australia
China
Czech Republic

POOL C

USA
Mexico
Colombia
Canada
Great Britain

POOL D

Puerto Rico
Dominican Republic
Venezuela
Israel
Nicaragua

-------------------------------------------------

To see the British play baseball is probably one of the absolute craziest things for Americans to see...and then realize half of them play on US MLB is even more crazier! That's like Vietnam being in the Winter Olympics.

WTF? Great Britain playing baseball??? What parallel Universe am I in?

Last edited:
Every country but China fielded at least somebody who currently plays on a US Major League Baseball team. It's the main training ground.

From the Japanese team

Los Angeles Angels Shohei Ohtani returns to Japan after 6 years in the US to pitch against China.

Big surprise. Very few people plays baseball in China, most aren’t even aware of the game. But every country? Russia? Any Ukrainian?

Big surprise. Very few people plays baseball in China, most aren’t even aware of the game. But every country? Russia? Any Ukrainian?
China plays very well baseball.

Japan should watch out of China baseball in the future, very good pitchers.

The competition is run by the US's Major League Baseball.

POOL A

Taiwan
Netherlands
Cuba
Italy
Panama

POOL B

Japan
South Korea
Australia
China
Czech Republic

POOL C

USA
Mexico
Colombia
Canada
Great Britain

POOL D

Puerto Rico
Dominican Republic
Venezuela
Israel
Nicaragua

-------------------------------------------------

To see the British play baseball is probably one of the absolute craziest things for Americans to see...and then realize half of them play on US MLB is even more crazier! That's like Vietnam being in the Winter Olympics.

WTF? Great Britain playing baseball??? What parallel Universe am I in?

Ahahahha...I was about to say the same thing.. I swear I never knew we even had a baseball team..😂 where did they come from? Nobody I know here is aware we have a baseball team..🤣

Congratulations to the Japanese team on their championship

Back
Top Bottom