What's new

Boeing to Deliver 3 More C-17 by year end

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
Boeing to Deliver 3 More C-17 by year end

imav032006_01_02.jpg

Indian Air Force (IAF) has taken possession of second C-17 Globemaster III recently, barely a month after India’s first C-17 arrived in the country , Boeing plans to deliver three more C-17 Globemaster III by end of 2013 bringing IAF C-17 fleet strength to five and plans to deliver remaining five C-17 in 2014 .

The C-17 which can operate in extreme climates and transport large payloads across vast ranges and land on short, austere runways will have an important role in supporting unique Indian Air Force operations in remote locations such as the Himalayas and desert environments.

IAF is expected to place a follow up order of Six more aircrafts most likely in 2014 and expecting Indian order , Boeing already has extended Production run of C-17 Globemaster III by one more year before Production of C-17 Globemaster III is halted since major orders of Us Military has already been fulfilled by Boeing .

IAF and USAF are also considering C-17 Exchange Program , where Pilots and Aircrews from both air forces will be deputed in C-17 Squadrons of each others forces, to develop deeper military collaborations between two forces . IAF even with fleet of 10 aircrafts are world’s second-largest operator of the C-17 after the US.

Link - Boeing to Deliver 3 More C-17 by year end | idrw.org

It will be very good indeed if all 10 will be available by mid-2014. I'm sure follow-on 6 (maybe 10 more)
will be ordered and taken delivery of starting end-2014.

I expect a 16-strong fleet to be operational by end-2015 or early 2016.

These guys sure beat the Russians any day in terms of delivery.:)

agreed

this is the thing apart from the quality of product, I like about US Defense giants

However we must not forget that Russian defense industry is still recovering from lack of R&D and money crunch it faced after collapse of soviet union

Back
Top Bottom