What's new

Bhupathi-Bopanna win Paris Masters

agamdilawari

Reaction score
Country
India
15290738.cms

Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna clinched the Paris Master, their second title of the year, after scoring a hard-fought win over Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer, in Paris on Sunday.

The fifth seed Indian pair, playing their fourth final of the season, struggled past the Pakistan-Dutch combination 7-6 (6) 6-3 in the summit clash, lasting one hour and 24 minutes.
Bhupathi and Bopanna had won the Dubai ATP event and ended runners-up at Cincinnati and Shanghai.

The Indians could not convert a single breakpoint of the six chances in the opening set but held nerves in the tie-breaker to take the lead.

They saved a crucial break chance in the second set and cashed in on both the chances on opponents' serve to seal the win.

The Indians have already qualified for the season-ending finale, where they will make debut as a pair.

The 38-year-old Bhupathi is a four-time runner-up at the event, losing the final in 2010 with Max Mirnyi and 1997, '99 and 2000 with Leander Paes.

Bopanna, 32, had made his debut at the year-end championships last year with Qureshi.

Bhupathi-Bopanna win Paris Masters - Hindustan Times

Cognates Hesh and Rohan. So now World tour London tournament India will represent by hesh-Bops and Leander the fighter of course.

Congratulations to the duo................

@krait: I like tennis but only women only matches :devil:

Last year this title was won by Bopanna & Aisam..this time around Bopanna changed the partner(for good maybe) but retained the title :azn:

I can bet there is no bigger roger fan than me in this forum
Don't count on that. I may haven't watched all of his matches but will sit in one position for 5 hours straight just for his win, as a superstition. :D

Don't count on that. I may haven't watched all of his matches but will sit in one position for 5 hours straight just for his win, as a superstition. :D

No doubt Roger is best the game have ever seen but hats off to Nadal for keep the game alive. In between 2006 to 2009 Roger made the game quite monotonous with his monopoly. I used to hate nadal for beating Roger on regular basis :devil:

Produce an Indian Murray or even Roddick and then that might be the moment to celebrate cause we already have mastered the mens double .

No doubt Roger is best the game have ever seen but hats off to Nadal for keep the game alive. In between 2006 to 2009 Roger made the game quite monotonous with his monopoly. I used to hate nadal for beating Roger on regular basis :devil:
I hate Nadal just because he kept Roger away from so many French Open title. His swiftness is the only reason he can face Roger's awesome play. Best matches were of Roger were against Sampras, Agassi, Roddick, Marat Safin, Hewitt. These players had enough talent to win many Grand Slams, but Roger was always in between. Sampras is among the other player who has been so humble after so many success in recent times.

Federer is continuing the league of most humble Tennis player, keeping it Gentleman's game in a view.

Back
Top Bottom