What's new

BHC rejects Musharraf’s plea to transfer Bugti murder case

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
QUETTA: The Balochistan High Court on Saturday dismissed a petition by former military dictator Pervez Musharraf for his trial over the death of Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti to be transferred due to security fears.

The retired general was head of state in 2006 when Bugti died in a military operation, and is facing murder charges in the high profile case being heard by an anti-terrorism court in Quetta. The court had ordered authorities to produce Musharraf before it in the next hearing, scheduled for Sept 10.

Musharraf's lawyers on Saturday asked the Chief Justice of the Balochistan High Court to shift his trial over the Baloch leader's death to Rawalpindi, twin city of the federal capital Islamabad, in Punjab province.

“The court has dismissed our petition saying it is not maintainable,” said Ilyas Siddiqui, a lawyer who represented Musharraf in the court in Quetta.

“We had requested that Musharraf has serious security threats in Balochistan so his case be shifted from the province but the judge did not agree,” Siddiqui said.

Musharraf, who returned to Pakistan from four years of self-imposed exile in March, has been under house arrest at his villa on the edge of Islamabad since April 19. He is also facing charges in other cases, including the 2007 murder of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.

Earlier, the Chief Justice of the Balochistan High Court allowed the provincial government to withdraw a similar petition.

The interim government set up in the province to conduct general elections on May 11 had filed a request in the court for the case to be transferred for security reasons.

However, the newly elected provincial government, which took power in June, withdrew the application and informed the court that they could provide security to Musharraf.

Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti was killed in a cave on August 26, 2006 during a military crackdown allegedly ordered by Musharraf who was president and army chief at the time. Bugti had led a campaign to press for provincial autonomy and a greater share of profits from Balochistan’s natural resources.

The death of the Baloch chieftain had sparked angry protests throughout the country.
dawn.com

thts what they want , to bring him to queeta?
he will be in queeta, if they want but then if, some other big gets hit down the road, then what?lol

Maybe its time these people realised that Pakistan is not just punjab, he committed a crime against a baloch and his trial should be held where the crime was committed.

Security or no security reasons he should face trial in quetta and if and when found guilty then he should be hanged in quetta.

Maybe its time people realize that Musharraf isn't a Punjabi - Not that his race should ever matter ! :whistle:

No one said he is, he preffered to be tried there which is wrong as the crime committed was against in balochistan, the trial should be carried out there.

He is deliberately trying to keep himself in punjab which is unacceptable to us, by demanding trial in punjab he is disrespecting people and land of balochistan.

thts what they want , to bring him to queeta?
he will be in queeta, if they want but then if, some other big gets hit down the road, then what?lol

Whats that supposed to mean batman jee? He is an accused in a very serious crime, the decision to send him to Quetta rests with the Honorable courts. This is how its done in civilized societies :coffee:

Whats that supposed to mean batman jee? He is an accused in a very serious crime, the decision to send him to Quetta rests with the Honorable courts. This is how its done in civilized societies :coffee:

there are a lot of accusers running here & there?
thier casses still pinding in some old storeges?
for example shabaz sharif na ahali case?
than 99 suprem vourt attack case against nawaz sharif?
This is how its done in civilized societies?lol
hounrable noora+monte carlo courts?lol
no matter how hard, this noora mafia try it this time, next time they will the one facing grand marshall judical jury in some prade grounds?lol

No one said he is, he preffered to be tried there which is wrong as the crime committed was against in balochistan, the trial should be carried out there.

He is deliberately trying to keep himself in punjab which is unacceptable to us, by demanding trial in punjab he is disrespecting people and land of balochistan.

i guss BLA is in grief till now why couldnt, mushraf been given to them for the justice?
any way, its another of stupid wish of some traitors sitting in swiss, thats it?
even he been sent there, it will be a dangerous time for BLA to deal with!
up to your wishes!lol

Once Najam Sethi said very wise , that if you try to hang or prison Musharraf for his act , then no leader will take any decision for the security of country, because he might end up in jail or hanged by future govt ......

Once Najam Sethi said very wise , that if you try to hang or prison Musharraf for his act , then no leader will take any decision for the security of country, because he might end up in jail or hanged by future govt ......
Yeah burning the very house for its security. Great!

A perfect case of judicial victimisation.

Whats that supposed to mean batman jee? He is an accused in a very serious crime, the decision to send him to Quetta rests with the Honorable courts. This is how its done in civilized societies

Bugti was a traitor. He died because of his own mine. Army did not kill him. And yes courts are the right way of dealing crimes in civilized societies. But you missed out one thing, UNDER AN UNBIASED JUDICIARY.

Corrupt judiciary cannot dispense justice.

A perfect case of judicial victimisation.

Bugti was a traitor. He died because of his own mine. Army did not kill him. And yes courts are the right way of dealing crimes in civilized societies. But you missed out one thing, UNDER AN UNBIASED JUDICIARY.

Corrupt judiciary cannot dispense justice.
And then I guess I can label anybody a traitor, a terrorist, a taliban or a shia kill him and then thump my chest saying I killed a traitor and did it for the national interest/Islam/Save my community,sect etc. Even Bengalis were labelled traitors in West Pakistan and then subsequently what happened is a dark chapter in Pakistan's history. But I guess we never learn until the truth is shoved up our A**es by the unforgiving passage of time.

I can label anybody a traitor
Anyone working against Pakistan's stability, federation, conspiring, planning to break geographical boundaries, back stabbing etc. is definitely a traitor as per constitution. If Bangalies of that time, who join Mukti Bani were called traitors by West Pakistanis of that time, they were not wrong. That was treason, which finally becomes freedom fight, if liberated. Example: Kashmir, Kashmiris call them freedom fighters and Indians call them traitors and terrorist. So my dear this is a relative term. Just like if some sane person visits mental hospital, he is abnormal there all other patients are normal.

Najam sethi is one of many traitors... openly pushing anti state propaganda and lies.

India want P.Musharraf dead... the plane hijacking of P.Musharraf was an agreement made in US, by N.Sharif to handover Musharraf to India.

Najam sethi is one of many traitors... openly pushing anti state propaganda and lies.

India want P.Musharraf dead... the plane hijacking of P.Musharraf was an agreement made in US, by N.Sharif to handover Musharraf to India.

This is the highest grade BS I have heard on this forum yet.

Back
Top Bottom