What's new

Average active life of militants cut to 6 months

Theparadox

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Active operations and specific intelligence inputs on the movement of militants in the violence-ridden state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) has brought down the average active life of a militant, sources in security forces told this newspaper on Sunday.

The active life of a militant is considered to be the time period between his joining a militant group and his death or capture. The period used to be 9 months on an average, added the sources.

The active life of a terrorist has come down as we have been getting pinpointed information about the movement of the terrorists and more so about the top leaders of the terrorist groups,” said a security official who did not want to be named.

Such success in operations has led to the highest number of militant eliminations in eight years. Six militants were killed in an operation on December 21 taking the total this year to 262, said the official. In 2010, 232 militants had been killed, said the official.

Of the 262 killed this year, 247 have been killed in the hinterland while 15 were eliminated while trying to infiltrate into the country along the Line of Control (LoC).

Security forces have also paid a heavy cost. So far, 61 soldiers and officers have been killed in incidents of cross-border firing, sniping and BAT actions on the LoC in 2018.

The latest incident took place on December 22 when two Junior Commissioned Officers were killed in cross-border sniping in Kupwara.

A total of 1,563 ceasefire violations took place along the LoC this year. These include incidents of firing from small arms, snipers and mortar and grenade attacks.

The number of youngsters in the state taking to militancy has also increased. While 128 youngsters took up arms in 2017, the number so far this year is already at 191, according to date from a security official. Also there were 302 infiltration attempts from the Pakistan side this year, of which 138 were successful.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...ife-of-militants-cut-to-6-months-1915654.html

Does it matter if its 2 weeks??

They have had sterling success and turned Kashmir anti indian with civilians stoning and abusing soldiers

As i said before the DRDO has developed some martian technology that able the Indian army to reveal with pinpoint accuracy, how many Pakistani soldiers they killed, how many they wounded, how many bunkers destroyed, posts damaged, trees felled and even how many militants waiting to cross the border so no doubt, using the same cutting edge ingredients, the Indians have mastered a life measuring tape.

Death and only death to 7 lakh indian occupier terrorists.

These clowns think they can get rid of Kashmiris by massacre and genocide.

Says a lot about the kind of intellence network and support we are getting from the local Kashmiris. They are the real warriors in this fight against insurgency. May Allah bless them.
So, tell me do the jihadi recruits register the day they sign up on their ID Card and then carry it on their bodies as standard protocol. When they get killed Indians search their pockets. Find the ID Card with date of sign up and then work out the exact time spent on active duty before being killed?

Mashallah ........

So, tell me do the jihadi recruits register the day they sign up on their ID Card and then carry it on their bodies as standard protocol. When they get killed Indians search their pockets. Find the ID Card with date of sign up and then work out the exact time spent on active duty before being killed?

Mashallah ........
It's quite obvious, they left their home, their parents lodge a complaint to a police station and afterwards, they post their photos with aks on social media.

Mashallah ........
Maybe, or maybe from the day they pose with an AK and post their picture on their facebook account. I leave details to you I am happy with as long as our security forces get them.

We would have a policy where everyone in Kashmir receives modern secular education.
We MUST import Chinese re-education camps. Even Pakistanis won't mind it.

Maybe, or maybe from the day they pose with an AK and post their picture on their facebook account. I leave details to you I am happy with as long as our security forces get them.

We MUST import Chinese re-education camps. Even Pakistanis won't mind it.
Even Pakistan have their own re-education camp in north waziristan.

It's quite obvious, they left their home
They don't all have to leave home to engage in activities. In fact the most effective would be to keep up normal life and under cover of that engage in resistence activities.

day they pose with an AK and post their picture on their facebook account
They are not all going to do that. I would certainly not do that. If your known to security agencies my effectivness would be reduced. Your citing some examples and applying it across the board. Serious operators would not place their images on social media and I can't see why their parents [every one] would dash out and mark them out to the Indians.

Back
Top Bottom