What's new

At the age of 40, Leander Paes along Stepanek wins US Open (Men's Doubles)

agamdilawari

Reaction score
Country
India
paes_660_090413023920_090613032956.jpg

Indo-Czech pair of Leander Paes & Radek Stepanek defeats pair of Peya & Soares to win US Open Men's Doubles title. This is 14th Career Grand Slam title for Leander Paes (aged 40) having won his first GS back in 1999.

Grand Slam Doubles results
Australian Open W (2012)
French Open W (1999, 2001, 2009)
Wimbledon W (1999)
US Open W (2006, 2009, 2013)

Grand Slam Mixed Doubles results
Australian Open W (2003, 2010)
French Open F (2005)
Wimbledon W (1999, 2003, 2010)
US Open W (2008)

Hats off to his determination...the legacy of this legend continues.

@Tikolo According to you Pakistan is better than India at every sport.

watch the match, it was Czech guy who did all the winning, Indian was just standing in the corner looking at the white girls in the crowd

Last edited by a moderator:
watch the match, it was Czech guy who did all the winning, Indian was just standing in the corner looking at the white girls in the crowd

I did watch the match. You think one guy can win against two on his own? And if that is the case then why has he won so many tennis tournaments before? He has won 8 doubles finals and 6 mixed double finals. Haven't seen any Pakistanis doing something like this.

Congratulation to Leander Paes. His performance reminds me the title song Buddha Hoga Tera baap :lol:

Congrats to him and proud of him. Tried for ticket but became very expensive at the last moment and didn't want to jinx him as well - Happened to Sania when I booked last minute ticket for New Haven Pilot Pen tournament few years back. :cheesy:

Congratulations to Leander Paes and Indians ...... :victory:

Back
Top Bottom