What's new

Appointment of CJCSC: Summary sent to PM Nawaz

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pakistan-CJCSC-NawazSharif-Army-Navy-AirForce_10-1-2013_120649_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The summary for the appointment of Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) has been sent to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Geo News reported.

Sources said the summary included names of Asif Sandila, Pakistan Navy; Haroon Asalm, Army and Tahir Rafique from Air Force.

Sources added that the slot is given to the officers of all three forces on their turn, however, Pakistan Army has retained this post since 1997.

The premier will decide the appointment of Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee on October 06, sources said.

Meanwhile, Information Minister Pervaiz Rasheed refused to comment on the summary, sent to the PM.

Appointment of CJCSC: Summary sent to PM Nawaz - thenews.com.pk

on rotation principle by the constitution Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) cannot be from Army this time, so if the principle is followed it has to be from PAF or Navy. lets see

on rotation principle by the constitution Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) cannot be from Army this time, so if the principle is followed it has to be from PAF or Navy. lets see

I'm hoping navy, they get screwed over way too much, I want them to get a little bit of pay back.

on rotation principle by the constitution

My My, aren't we being confident about the importance of those terms to the Army; but then miracles do happen.

If Gen Haroon Aslam get CJSC then there is the possibility of the incumbent COAS getting a further extension without much moral or ethical ado.

My My, aren't we being confident about the importance of those terms to the Army; but then miracles do happen.

If Gen Haroon Aslam get CJSC then there is the possibility of the incumbent COAS getting a further extension without much moral or ethical ado.

America wishes to see Kiyani term being extended one more time

1101976670-1.gif

Asif Sandhila
My choice and pretty furious looking man with dedicated intellegence to Navy!!
PN needs CJCSC post……:coffee:

CJCSC headhunt: Names shortlisted for Gen Wynne’s replacement

The stage has been set for changes in the military hierarchy as the defence ministry prepares a proposal for the appointment of a new chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC), technically the highest ranking military officer among the three armed forces of Pakistan.

A defence ministry official privy to the development told The Express Tribune that a summary had been prepared for the appointment of a new CJCSC.
The formal proposal includes the names of Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila, Lt General Haroon Aslam from Pakistan Army and Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt as potential candidates.

Speaking on condition of anonymity the official said the names were shortlisted based on seniority. Both Sandila and Butt are the senior-most officers in their respective forces while General Aslam will be the senior-most military officer in the army after the retirement of army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.
Meanwhile, rumours did the rounds in Islamabad that General Aslam could be appointed as the army chief if he is not picked for the slot of CJCSC. The new chairman will replace the current CJCSC General Khalid Shameem Wynne who is set to retire on October 8 after completing his three-year term.
The shortlisted names would be forwarded to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who would choose the next CJCSC followed by a formal announcement by the president.
The post of CJCSC was first created by the then prime minister, Zulifkar Ali Bhutto, in 1976. Since then, except for three occasions, the position has been occupied by army generals.
Admiral Mohammad Shariff, Admiral Iftikhar Ahmed Sirohey and Air Marshal Farooq Feroz Khan were the only three officers from the navy and air force, respectively, who held this position.
A military official, requesting anonymity, said it was the prerogative of the prime minister to appoint a new CJCSC. However, considering the ground realities and strength of the army among the three forces, the CJCSC has to be from the army, he added.
Although, the CJCSC is principally the highest-ranking military officer among the armed forces, he does not have any authority over the combat forces. But he is responsible for coordination among the three armed forces.

CJCSC headhunt: Names shortlisted for Gen Wynne

If Gen. Haroon appointed as CJCSC then Gen. Rashad will be strong candidate for COAS.

Gen Tariq is an upright officer, right from academy days and sword of honour upto the legion of merit, his stature has matured really well. But I'm for Gen Shareef to go, get the top army hat.

Having said that, things look set for Gen Haroon bagging CJSC and Gen Rashad, assuming the altar of army chief, all a natural progression from CGS.

But what's mysterious is this that Gen Harron, on top of seniority list, stays a dark horse for COAS. Further, I never understood why he was sent to 'wilderness of Logistics', to quote an article. That's a bad omen, fell out probably.

Gen. Tariq might be next one after Gen. Rashad, but for now Gen. Rashad is on top in case appointment of Gen. Tariq as CJCSC, keep in mind Gen. Rashad is CGS and as well as senior most after Gen. Haroon.

Gen Tariq is an upright officer, right from academy days and sword of honour upto the legion of merit, his stature has matured really well. But I'm for Gen Shareef to go, get the top army hat.

Having said that, things look set for Gen Haroon bagging CJSC and Gen Rashad, assuming the altar of army chief, all a natural progression from CJS.

But what's mysterious is this that Gen Harron, on top of seniority list, stays a dark horse for COAS. Further, I never understood why he was sent to 'wilderness of Logistics', to quote an article. That's a bad omen, fell out probably.

Back
Top Bottom