What's new

Apologetic Mush wants to leave country: Asif

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Defence Minister Khwaja Asif on Wednesday claimed that former president Pervez Musharraf was apologising to the government and seeking permission to leave the country.
“He is willing to come down to any level to get out of the situation,” the minister said of the former president in a TV interview.
This is the first time that a senior minister has claimed that the former president is apologising to the government, although the former military ruler had filed an application to the special court for permission to go out of the country for treatment.
Musharraf has been staying at the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology, Rawalpindi, since January 2 because of ‘heart ailment’. The special court has summoned him for March 31. However, it is not clear whether the former president would show up.
The defence minister was asked what if Musharraf did not turn up. “He must not go scot-free,” replied Khwaja Asif. He said everybody was equal before the law and the state must demonstrate that there was rule of law in the country. The defence minister alleged that Musharraf was facing no medical problem and was hiding at the AFIC only to escape legal proceedings.
He said that Musharraf should face the law after what he did to the country during his tenure. All those who had been cooperating with him should also be held accountable, said the defence minister. In particular, he said, former prime minister Shaukat Aziz should be made to face the law as he was the major beneficiary of Musharraf. It is Shaukat Aziz who is providing information about the bank accounts of Musharraf, the minister claimed.
On the other hand, Musharraf’s lawyer Ahmed Raza Kasuri strongly refuted the defence minister’s claims, saying: “Neither his client has offered any apology nor he ever would.”
Talking to TheNation, Kasuri said that Musharraf was not like the Sharifs who had left the country after signing an agreement. He said that Musharraf had been at the AFIC for the past 80 days, which was an important signal for the people of understanding. He did not elaborate.
Asked if Musharraf would appear before the special court on March 31, Kasuri said, “Only an astrologer can answer this question.” He claimed that the government and establishment were not on the same page on the issue of Musharraf’s trial under Article 6. “The Armed Forces would never like their former boss indicted under Article 6.”

Apologetic Mush wants to leave country: Asif

I think he should be punished and charged . It would just give some confidence to judiciary .
the judiciary has been the most corrupt body in the country. As for the current SC I have some faith in him and hope he isn't as big of a disappointment as the previous one.

well he is just trying to justify the appology nawaz begged for when musharraf was PM

well he is just trying to justify the appology nawaz begged for when musharraf was PM
NS wants him to be in the same situation as he was then he will be given freedom.

most likely by a presidential pardon so NS doesn't directly take the blow

“He is willing to come down to any level to get out of the situation,” the minister said of the former president in a TV interview.
:woot: Oh wow! Unlike a commando, this one has finally thrown in the towel!! Whatever happened to his bluff and bluster?

Just imagine! A commando begging for mercy and willing to come down to any level!!! Prostrating oneself for salvation and stooping for forgiveness, is an insult to a commando!!

His true face has finally been laid bare. All that hoity toity attitude was just a facade. He's an insult to the ethos of a commando, by running away from the battlefield!

Most of the Pakistanis here are admirers of Musharaf,i wonder what they have to say about this???

Although I don't have all the facts in this case, General Musharraf has been a staunch pakistani nationalist, and did strengthen both the economy and security of pakistan. He stood strong against the challenges during the WoT which most others like nawaz or bhutto clan's would have withered away. He should be treated better.

:woot: Oh wow! Unlike a commando, this one has finally thrown in the towel!! Whatever happened to his bluff and bluster?

Just imagine! A commando begging for mercy and willing to come down to any level!!! Prostrating oneself for salvation and stooping for forgiveness, is an insult to a commando!!

His true face has finally been laid bare. All that hoity toity attitude was just a facade. He's an insult to the ethos of a commando, by running away from the battlefield!
We don't even know the full truth especially in the case of Khawaja Asif, he's the same filth that said IK ate the money from his charity hospital.

Most of the Pakistanis here are admirers of Musharaf,i wonder what they have to say about this???
not true some are real die hard fans but most are neutral.

Although I don't have all the facts in this case, General Musharraf has been a staunch pakistani nationalist, and did strengthen both the economy and security of pakistan. He stood strong against the challenges during the WoT which most others like nawaz or bhutto clan's would have withered away. He should be treated better.
He had a tight lid on external threat but internally he destroyed it.

He had a tight lid on external threat but internally he destroyed it.

try putting Nawaz sharif, bhutto clan or even Imran Khan, when richard armitage came knocking, what would have these leaders done differently?

Sharif and bhutto would have given even more discounts to ISAF/US forces, Imran Khan probably would have placed pakistan on the wrong end of the american barrel. What the general did was in the best interest of pakistan.

Also he maintained Zia'ish control over US movement and logistics, and ensured this with masterful precision. Once he was gone, there was no one from the next establishment, and misfortune of drone strikes escalated at breakneck speed.

Whatever the legal preceding are, they will take it's course, i cant comment on that, but from an outsiders perspective, it seems like General Pervez Musharraf did what he did with the best interests of pakistan, w.r.t WoT, internal and external security situation. The entire staying in power and emergency stuff, i dont know much about. You guy can discuss that better.

try putting Nawaz sharif, bhutto clan or even Imran Khan, when richard armitage came knocking, what would have these leaders done differently?

Sharif and bhutto would have given even more discounts to ISAF/US forces, Imran Khan probably would have placed pakistan on the wrong end of the american barrel. What the general did was in the best interest of pakistan.

Also he maintained Zia'ish control over US movement and logistics, and ensured this with masterful precision. Once he was gone, there was no one from the next establishment, and misfortune of drone strikes escalated at breakneck speed.

Whatever the legal preceding are, they will take it's course, i cant comment on that, but from an outsiders perspective, it seems like General Pervez Musharraf did what he did with the best interests of pakistan, w.r.t WoT, internal and external security situation. The entire staying in power and emergency stuff, i dont know much about. You guy can discuss that better.
It's difficult to say what IK would have done maybe he would have been smart like turkey and asked for some real cash and trade. He couldn't have made the situation any worse since we were already sanctioned that time.

I disagree with your opinion and i regard this man a traitor of Pakistan.
All the things we are suffering even today is because of Musharraf. Not a single Pakistani was involved in the 9/11 attacks, yet as you read his autobiography, he admits he had been selling Pakistanis to the U.S in return for money.

The Drone strikes was another gift from the dictator which allowed the United States to further advance its adventures along the Afghan-Pak region. The result it had on us is very well known. Hundreds of people, children, women, elderly dead, Free Visas for Blackwater and rise of Militancy.

If you look at the big picture, it is embarrassing that one individual belonging to one of the world's strongest Armies would not only destroy the image of his institution but also the whole country's. Kudos to Kayani for reviving the spirit what was lost. When the Salala incident happened, he blocked NATO supply lines until we received an apology. Had it been Musharraf, Ghulam culture would have continued.

Despite Nawaz and Imran having bitter relations, they agree on a couple of things for 'national interest'. Thank god Nawaz Sharif had the balls to face the U.S and convince them to stop their activities. It has been months, no Drone Strike occurred and as a result the peace talks with the Taliban is on the right track. Separately, with his fantastic diplomacy, Nawaz is also able to improve Pakistan's economy and win Free Trade to Europe, and investments and Loans that will get us infrastructure development.

Last edited:
It's difficult to say what IK would have done maybe he would have been smart like turkey and asked for some real cash and trade. He couldn't have made the situation any worse since we were already sanctioned that time.

IK and smart is an oxymoron.

fake claimers trying to deviate the attention of the nation, from the noora -talbani-imran khani axis of evil!

NS wants him to be in the same situation as he was then he will be given freedom.

most likely by a presidential pardon so NS doesn't directly take the blow

Mush has not even been to kali kothry yet and already crying

Back
Top Bottom