What's new

Al-Qaeda commander Moeedul Islam killed in Karachi raid

Karachiite

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Alleged al-Qaeda commander Abdul Moeedul Islam was killed in an early morning raid on a Gulistan-e-Jauhar flat by paramilitary soldiers here on Friday.

A senior intelligence source claimed that the terrorist had been operating the al-Qaeda network in Pakistan. He was said to be a Yemeni national and carried head money of Rs150 million.

The intelligence source said major terrorist attacks, including the one on the house of CID SSP Chaudhry Mohammad Aslam, were carried out on Moeed's directives.

The Sindh Rangers said that acting on a tip-off, they cordoned off Rao Israr Apartments in Block 13 to raid a flat on the 3rd floor. But as soon as the law 3rd floor. But as soon the law enforcers reached the 3rd floor, a bomb blast occurred inside the flat.

The Rangers personnel broke open the door and found a suspect dead. They shifted the dead to hospital. Sensitive documents, cellphones, laptops and computers were found during a search of the flat, according to the statement.

The intelligence sources said the suspect was identified as Abdul Moeedul Islam, a commandeering chief of al-Qaeda in Pakistan, who carried a head money of Rs150 million and had been absconding for a long time.

They added that Mooed was a Yemen national but he also possessed Pakistani citizenship. He had come to Pakistan 13 to 15 years ago. He was trained in militant camps in Afghanistan and later appointed as al-Qaeda commander in Pakistan.

Earlier, he studied in a local madrasa in the SITE area of Karachi, the sources said and added that Moeed had married a Pakistani woman, and during their wedlock she gave birth to three sons and a daughter. They once lived in a house in Defence.

Investigators said that a few months back, the al-Qaeda commander had a dispute with his wife, who got a divorce from a court. Around 18 days ago, he had rented the flat in Gulistan-i-Jauhar. He had been living alone in the flat, while his ex-wife and children are residing in Defence.

The intelligence sources said they had been investigating terror cases and had rounded up some 11 suspects belonging to various militant organisations. The suspects disclosed to the interrogators that Moeed had been hiding in Gulsitan-e-Jauhar.

According to the sources, Moeed had prepared a hit list, including future al-Qaeda targets in Pakistan, including Karachi. According to hospital sources who carried out the post-mortem, Moeed blew himself up with a hand grenade. Further investigations are under way.

Al-Qaeda commander Moeedul Islam killed in Karachi raid

Picture of the bastard
11-19-2011_26820_l.jpg

The apartment where he was chilling in

293859-buildingPHOTOATHARKHANEXPRESS-1321654118-964-640x480.jpg

I just want to ask people why do they believe everything on media, for example this news.

I am not saying that this guy was not a terrorists. I don't know.

But first media said he is a Pakistani yemini national, than it said it is also a us citizen and gave a slightly different name. Slightly different details.
The fir registered by the rangers is totally different. But before everything, we knew he was an "Alqaeda commander ". Involved in major attacks and plans?

Maybe interviews with his wife/ children would help, or what do the residents nearby say?

معید الاسلام بم پھٹنے سے نہیں مرا‘ اہلکار نے تلخ کلامی پر گولی ماری

کراچی ( اسٹاف رپورٹر )گلستان جوہر کی فلیٹ میں مرنی والا شخص دستی بم سے نہیں بلکہ گولی سے مرا ہی ،معید الاسلام کی گرفتاری کی لیی جانی والی ٹیم سی تلخ کلامی کی بعد اس کو گولی مار دی گئی ،معاملی کو چھپانی کیلئی مقتول کی داہنی ہاتھ پر دستی بم رکھ کر پھاڑ دیا گیا،ذرائع کی مطابق گلستان جوہر بلاک 13 راو اسرار زیبائش کی فلیٹ 306 A میں رہائش پذیر معید الاسلام کی باری میں اطلاع موصول ہوئی تھی کہ وہ امریکی نژاد ہی ،کی گھر سیکورٹی اداروں کی طرف سی چھاپہ مارا گیا اور اس کو گرفتاری دینی کی لیی کہا گیا تو معید اور چھاپہ مار ٹیم کی درمیان تلخ کلامی ہوئی جس کی بعد فائرنگ کی آواز سنائی دی اسی دوران معید الاسلام کو ایک گولی جسم کی ایسی حصی میں لگی کہ اس کی بروقت موت واقع ہوگئی ،مقتول کی گھر کی قریب واقع ایک رہائش پذیر نی بتایا کہ مقتول کی موت کی بعد چھاپی کی لیی آنی والی ٹیم میں شامل اہلکاروں نی بذریعہ فون رینجرز کو پیغام پہنچایا جس کی بعد رینجرز نی علاقی کا محاصرہ کیا تھا جو کہ منظم منصوبہ بندی کا حصہ تھا،جس کی بعد مقتول کی گھر میں رینجرز اہلکار داخل ہوئی اور دھماکی کی آواز سنائی دی ۔ذرائع نی اس امر کی تصدیق کرتی ہوئی بتایا کہ مقتول کی ہلاکت کی بعد دستی بم سی ازخود رینجرز اہلکاروں نی دھماکا کیا تھا، مقتول جوکہ یمن سی تعلیم حاصل کرکی آیا تھا اور اس کی اہل خانہ سعودی عرب میںمقیم ہیں،اور 12برس قبل اس کی شادی کراچی کی ایک ایڈووکیٹ کی بیٹی سی ہوئی تھی۔مذہبی رجحان رکھنی اور بیوی کو پردی میں رہنی پر اصرار کی وجہ سی علیحدگی ہوگئی تھی ،تاہم دو نوں میں طی پایا تھا کہ اسکول کی تعطیل کی دوران بچی اپنی والد کی پاس رہ سکیں گی ،اس واقعہ کی بعد مقتول کی بچوں نی اپنی ناناسی رابطہ کیا اور تمام حادثی سی آگاہ کیا اور کہا کہ ان کو یہاں سی لی جائیں جس کی بعد بچوں کو نانا کی حوالی کردیا گیاہی ۔

I just want to ask people why do they believe everything on media, for example this news.

I am not saying that this guy was not a terrorists. I don't know.

But first media said he is a Pakistani yemini national, than it said it is also a us citizen and gave a slightly different name. Slightly different details.
The fir registered by the rangers is totally different. But before everything, we knew he was an "Alqaeda commander ". Involved in major attacks and plans?

Maybe interviews with his wife/ children would help, or what do the residents nearby say?

Why are you in denial about an al Qaeda operative, who was born in Yemen, but has lived in Pakistan for 13 or 15 years, and is now a Pakistani citizen? Seems eminiently plausible given the Afghan-Soviet war 20 years ago, don't you think? Why do you have such doubts about the news report? Is your "denial" really a soft form of support for the jihadis?

Why are you in denial about an al Qaeda operative, who was born in Yemen, but has lived in Pakistan for 13 or 15 years, and is now a Pakistani citizen? Seems eminiently plausible given the Afghan-Soviet war 20 years ago, don't you think? Why do you have such doubts about the news report? Is your "denial" really a soft form of support for the jihadis?

the US passport is now being discovered in that jehadi terrorist, can you answer that

Terrorist who blew himself up carried US passport | Metropolitan | DAWN.COM

It is sufficent for me as an outside Westerner that a key inside Pakistan al Qaida leader has committed suicide. The other facts regarding what was found and such in his apartment are classified types of information usable to track down more al Qaida. Bottom line for me is if a guy is on the books with head money as much as existed to capture him then there is no doubt in my mind that one more "bad guy" has self-destructed and the world, to include the honest and good folks in Karachi and all of Pakistan are safer with his departure from the scene.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Stolen and forged passports are common fare for al Qaida terrorists. Nothing novel there.

I have no idea to what the news article is referring. Do you think that this guy was an American citizen? Is that likely or probable?

he has american passport, and passport is discovered from his apartment, do you think he is not american citizen??

the news article is refering to the story above

he has american passport, and passport is discovered from his apartment, do you think he is not american citizen??

the news article is refering to the story above

Yes, I do not think that he is/was an American citizen. Having an American passport, if he did, only says that he had access to sophisticated document creators, nothing more.

Yes, I do not think that he is/was an American citizen. Having an American passport, if he did, only says that he had access to sophisticated document creators, nothing more.

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are old now, and you are not talking a bit of sense

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

if i got hold of that 'document maker', i must soon apply for american nationailty, i mean document maker

hard time understanding american nationals backed by CIA are creating terrorism???

This is awsome news kill em all ... these bastards send em straight to hell.

truth seeker do not worry they are not in denial they are the accomplice so dont go giving lectures its no use he justifies the terrorist attacks he justifies the ttp yet he himself lives in usa GOD forbid people like these are gonna kill ur country

Slap on those country & western officials who spread propaganda that Pakistan supports terrorists.

BTW its shocking, in Gulistan e Jauhar, can't beleive it.:what:

Good! US agents should have only one destiny that is HELL.

Back
Top Bottom