What's new

Ahead of Putin’s visit, purchase of air-launched Brahmos cleared

aanshu001

Reaction score
Ahead of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s visit to India, the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) Thursday cleared proposals worth over Rs.8,000 crore for procuring cutting-edge military hardware from Russia.

The proposals included procuring around 10,000 ‘Invar’ missiles from Russia for the Army’s T-90 tanks and over 200 air-launched versions of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles for the Indian Air Force, sources in the defence ministry said.

The CCS meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The air-launched version of Brahmos missiles will be integrated on modified Russian-origin Su-30MKI fighter jets of the Indian Air Force.

Apart from the purchase of around 10,000 Invar missiles from Russia, there will be an agreement for licensed-production of 15,000 missiles by the Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).

Link: Ahead of Putin’s visit, purchase of air-launched Brahmos cleared | idrw.org

very good news

i hope it has 500 KM Range as reported by RIA Novosti

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/212136-new-modified-brahmos-500-km-range.html

for an air launch type of Brhamos we didnt need the extanded range. its an overkill. current 290km range is sufficient for air launch version.

but i strongly recommend the extended range for the anti ship & land attack version. specially for Antiship we definately need the Hypersonic & extended range Brhamos missile.

Ahead of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s visit to India, the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) Thursday cleared proposals worth over Rs.8,000 crore for procuring cutting-edge military hardware from Russia.

The proposals included procuring around 10,000 ‘Invar’ missiles from Russia for the Army’s T-90 tanks and over 200 air-launched versions of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles for the Indian Air Force, sources in the defence ministry said.

The CCS meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The air-launched version of Brahmos missiles will be integrated on modified Russian-origin Su-30MKI fighter jets of the Indian Air Force.

Apart from the purchase of around 10,000 Invar missiles from Russia, there will be an agreement for licensed-production of 15,000 missiles by the Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).

Link: Ahead of Putin’s visit, purchase of air-launched Brahmos cleared | idrw.org

I thought Brahmos was indian made. why buying from Russia

Joint venture of India and Russia.

So India cannot produce by itself? What happened to the TOT?

If India is not capable of indigenous manufacturing of all components, than TOT is useless as India cannot mass production in the time of war

Joint venture of India and Russia.
JV means India bankroll it and Russian provide tech? That's why you haven to buy it, tech transfer available in the terms of JV? It make me feel confused. Asking Russian Research and develop weapons by funding it shall not be considered as JV in the strict sense.

JV means India bankroll it and Russian provide tech? That's why you haven to buy it, tech transfer available in the terms of JV? It make me feel confused. Asking Russian Research and develop weapons by funding it shall not be considered as JV in the strict sense.

India will pay to JV company and they will share the profit, even US pay to boeing & lockheed martin

Air launched missile tests and production is from Russia.

Land and naval from India and Russia which has already been going on.

In another word, India provide the funds while Russia the tech. Get it.

It's time for India to brag more about US weapons. But no TOT for you.

India is being smart by not involve in tech contribution. This is how the missile is successful as compre to Arjun or LCA.

Not exactly. Both Indian and Rusian scientist worked and look at knowledge transfer. We missed this in PAK-FA where we missed designing part but did make a good step for this Cruise missile program.

Not exactly. Both Indian and Rusian scientist worked and look at knowledge transfer. We missed this in PAK-FA where we missed designing part but did make a good step for this Cruise missile program.
will Russia army put Brahmos into service?

Back
Top Bottom