What's new

Afghan players for IPL7

Furthermore "Pakistan Cricket Board agreed to three Twenty20 matches and one one-day international between the two sides in the next six months"

Kudos to both PCB and BCCI and of course the hardworking Afghan players who have made it up there due to remarkable passion for the game!

Does taliban allow Afghans to play cricket?

According to Afghan Cricket Board

"BCCI promises ACB that they will give chance to 5 players of Afghanistan to participate in next edition of IPL"

post the link of the news

and btw.......it depends upon the team to select

they have made it to the auction

now......it has to been seen whether the franchise are buying them or not

who are the 5 players
i m guessing some names
mohammad nabi,shapoor zadran,mohammad shehzad,karim sadiq

all the best to you guys
would love to see some good talent in ipl this season

IPL is a business. BCCI may put them in the auction pool but ultimately it's the teams that decide who they are going to pay money for. So don't get your hopes high. I hope they get sold though.

post the link of the news

and btw.......it depends upon the team to select

they have made it to the auction

now......it has to been seen whether the franchise are buying them or not

who are the 5 players
i m guessing some names
mohammad nabi,shapoor zadran,mohammad shehzad,karim sadiq

all the best to you guys
would love to see some good talent in ipl this season

I was quoting ACB's official twitter account.

"5 Afghan players have a chance of playing against the best players in the world in IPL [Indian Premier League] says ACB"

This would probably depend on the Afghan players' performances in the Asia Cup 2014 in which they will play against India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. I presume if they shine in the tournament which I believe the selectors of the IPL will be watching and thus it will enhance their chances of being selected in the IPL auction.

The likes of Muhammad Nabi, Hamid Hassan, Shapoor Zadran, Samiullah Shinwari and others already played in Bangladesh BPL.
Mohammad Shehzad is a good player too.

IPL is a business. BCCI may put them in the auction pool but ultimately it's the teams that decide who they are going to pay money for. So don't get your hopes high. I hope they get sold though.

The way it works... BCCI will convince franchises to buy Afghan players based on their base price, which I think will be quite low. & not necessarily they will get a game. It's more to do with politics than sports. I remember in first edition too they got some BD players, only to warm the bench!

Last edited:
They will probably be used as 12 man bringing water and towels for the batsmen.

so pakistani players crying foul while afghan brethrens will earn m00lah .. good times ahead :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom