What's new

Abu Dhabi to invest $50bn in India infrastructure.

kaykay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Abu Dhabi has promised to invest $50 billion in India's cash-hungry infrastructure
at a time when growth in Asia's third-largest
economy has sharply slowed, a newspaper
reported Wednesday. The pledge by Abu Dhabi was the key factor in pushing New Delhi to approve a bilateral deal to increase flights between the two countries, an Indian official told the Indian Express. “A commitment to invest $50 billion in the
infrastructure sector of the country by Abu Dhabi
was a key reason for us to agree to the increase,” a
senior government official, who declined to be
named, said. News of the investment comes just months after the
International Monetary Fund criticised India for not
improving its creaky infrastructure during the
period it experienced growth rates close to double
figures. The IMF said in February that India would likely see
slower growth than expected in 2012/13 at 5.4
per cent and pay the price for failing to ensure
investment in infrastructure kept pace with
economic growth in the previous decade. The plan to increase flights between the UAE and
India is linked to a controversial proposal by the
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad airline to purchase a 24
per cent stake in India's Jet Airways for 20.5 billion
rupees ($342 million). That deal, the largest foreign investment proposal
in India's aviation sector, faces regulatory hurdles,
with many ministries raising objections over the
bilateral increase in flights as well as over control of
Jet after the sale. “The increase was arrived at based on the request
for a hike in entitlements made by various carriers,
including Jet,” the government official said. Many of the new seats - a nearly three-fold jump
from 13,000 to 36,600 seats -- would go to Jet and
Etihad. India's opposition has alleged that the increase in
flights was aimed at clinching the Jet-Etihad sale
and could divert vital business from ailing state-run
flagship Air India. The Jet-Etihad deal, announced in April, marked the
first overseas investment in an existing Indian
carrier since New Delhi eased restrictions to allow
foreign firms to take up to a 49 per cent holding in
the country's airlines. But a request by the Indian prime minister's office
on Monday for the plan to be discussed by cabinet
provoked new worries about the fate of the sale
and sent shares of Jet plunging six per cent.

Abu Dhabi to invest $50bn in India infrastructure: report - DAWN.COM

www.yourmiddleeast.com/business/abu-dhabi-to-invest-50-billion-in-indian-infrastructure_16194

www.france24.com/en/20130703-abu-dhabi-invest-50bn-india-infrastructure

Hahaha hahahah
bwahahhah.........
Abu Dhabi should stop making false statements like this!
First bring our $45billion investment!

Hahaha hahahah
bwahahhah.........
Abu Dhabi should stop making false statements like this!
First bring our $45billion investment!

Make the conditions in your country conducive to investment. Then anybody with money to invest will queue up to invest.

Make the conditions in your country conducive to investment. Then anybody with money to invest will queue up to invest.

You mean Conditions created by Arab Money in pakistan are not the right conditions?Are you sure :omghaha:I have you know they have also invested billions in pakistan to destroy her infrastructure.

You mean Conditions created by Arab Money in pakistan are not the right conditions?Are you sure :omghaha:I have you know they have also invested billions in pakistan to destroy her infrastructure.

this is for infra building, its good for country... arab money or japanese.. who cares as long as they feed the poor:cheers:

Well you can't blame the arabs alone for that. Your own leaders (Zia and his coterie) welcomed that "investment" in its islamization drive. Their money was welcomed with open arms and channeled into madrassahs instead of hospitals and airports, which led to the conditions of today.

As long as the foreign investment is in airports and power and roads, we welcome the French and arabs and Japanese and Chinese. No amount of money they pump in will serve to radicalize our population.

The only thing that matters is how one will use the money. No matter from where it comes!!

Well you can't blame the arabs alone for that. Your own leaders (Zia and his coterie) welcomed that "investment" in its islamization drive. Their money was welcomed with open arms and channeled into madrassahs instead of hospitals and airports, which led to the conditions of today.

As long as the foreign investment is in airports and power and roads, we welcome the French and arabs and Japanese and Chinese. No amount of money they pump in will serve to radicalize our population.

Yes i can since all extremist supporting charities are banned to operates in GCC nations .But are allowed to operate overseas.I dont wanna go off topic congratulations to India.

Yes i can since all extremist supporting charities are banned to operates in GCC nations .But are allowed to operate overseas.I dont wanna go off topic congratulations to India.

It's upto YOUR country to ban such activities in YOUR country. Gulf countries can't ban extremist "charities" in Pakistan. So you have to ask yourself why it is only in your country that such "charities" and such madrassahs are openly allowed to function. As you know, India has always asserted that such charities are dangerous for everybody (jamat-ud-dawa ring a bell?)

But yes, we are going off topic, so...

Back
Top Bottom