What's new

A Request on Behalf of Indian Eagle Owl!

Möbius Curve

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In October, 2015, my cousin who serves in Motorway Police, shared the pictures of this Owl in our Whats-app group, who was in a very bad shape, and said that anybody can take this bird before it dies. I told my Mother and shared the pictures with my little twin sisters: they cheered and said that we must travel to location of my cousin to bring this Owl to our Home.
View media item 17801I slowly and steadily started reading about this bird, and by feeding him Chicken and meat (sometimes), he began to gain health. My brother, by profession a Doctor, also helped me a lot to look after this Owl.
View media item 17802Since October, 2015, this Owl is with us and has grown into a full bird. Today, in my absence, my little sisters looks after it, and in her company, our Owl looks happy, but, birds are birds and close rooms are NOT their absolute abode. Birds look beautiful in open skies only.
View media item 17803It is very unfortunate and Sad, that this Beautiful Bird has fell a prey to baseless superstitions of Peoples, and together with climatic changes, man made & natural factors, this bird is moving towards extinction: Peoples who do wrong themselves and place their wrongdoings on Owls, the sorcerers and Black Magicians are also mercilessly slaughtering this Bird for their nefarious & devilish ends! Know it well: YOU YOURSELF are responsible for your MISERIES and MISFORTUNES, NOT Owls!

Like the barn owl (Tyto alba), this bird is a victim of poaching and hunting due to superstitions. The hoots of this bird are supposed to bring bad luck and death in many places, and that is one reason why people are known to hunt them. Not to mention increasing fragmentation of their habitats due to urbanization and the resulting lack of food… (https://www.greenogreindia.org/encounter-the-indian-eagle-owl/)

Back
Top Bottom