What's new

2011-2012 Big Bash League

Gold1010

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The Big bash League is Australias New domestic 20/20 cricket competition replacing the old Big bash with city based franchises rather then the 6 state teams.

This leads for further expansions into other citys with more teams and more of a general style league comparative to competitions such as the AFL , A-League , NRL and Super rugby.

The competition will Launch with 8 Teams and start on the 16th of December.

The 8 teams are

Adelaide Strikers
Brisbane Heat
Hobart Hurricanes
Melbourne Renegades
Melbourne Stars
Perth Scorchers
Sydney Sixers
Sydney Thunder

Notable players include:Shane Warne , Ricky Ponting , Mathew Hayden , Shahid Afridi , David Hussey , Paul Collingwood , Mitchell Johnson , Brad hogg , Brett Lee , Stuart Macgill , Brad Haddin , Shane Watson , David Warner and Chris Gayle.

Pakistani Players included are Rana Naved-ul-Hasan , Shahid Afridi and Abdul Razzaq

Ladder Group Stage

Semi Finals

Final

For those who dont no Twenty/20 is the shortest version of cricket making it much more explosive and easier to watch for the non-hardcore fan.

I would support Sydney Sixers if their team color wasn't pink :hang2:

I would support Sydney Sixers if their team color wasn't pink :hang2:

Just a colour and it suits you nicely:D

Heres a quote.

"While a spokesperson from Cricket NSW admitted that the team's colours may have some connection with the "Pink dollar" and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, pink was chosen for reasons more related to McGrath Foundation, and to create a new and vibrant "really rock star, high-profile cricket team"

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...h-with-sixers-in-big-bash-20110314-1bulc.html

It'll be funny looking at the crowd all wearing pink haha.

Anyone know if theres gonna be cheerleaders like in the IPL?

Might go watch the Friday game, got some premium tickets from work.

Might go watch the Friday game, got some premium tickets from work.

I was gonna go watch scorchers with my brother this saturday but hes busy=-\

Might go Perth glory game instead.

p1012087.jpg

How is this a men's jersey :hang2:

Sydney thunders got a faggoty color too.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I was gonna go watch scorchers with my brother this saturday but hes busy=-\

Might go Perth glory game instead.

Yeah should be alright, tickets are cheap too, 20 bucks I hear.

p1012087.jpg

How is this a men's jersey :hang2:

Sydney thunders got a faggoty color too.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Yeah should be alright, tickets are cheap too, 20 bucks I hear.

Thunder are west sydney your stuck with the Sixers and your gonna wear pink with pride:D.Remember real men wear pink atleast all the teams have preety good names tbh "Sixers" sounds a bit american but oh well.

Im looking at our schedules and all our home games are against the lesser teams typical for Perth.

Cricket focuses to much on internationals tbh like seriously look at other sports the domestic competition has 20+rounds and then internationals are special events for world competitions or a freindly.

Thunder are west sydney your stuck with the Sixers and your gonna wear pink with pride:D.Remember real men wear pink atleast all the teams have preety good names tbh "Sixers" sounds a bit american but oh well.

Im looking at our schedules and all our home games are against the lesser teams typical for Perth.

Cricket focuses to much on internationals tbh like seriously look at other sports the domestic competition has 20+rounds and then internationals are special events for world competitions or a freindly.

Thats probably because not many other countries play League and AFL.

Thats probably because not many other countries play League and AFL.

Not just league and AFL but Football does it basketball does it baseball , netball all team sports really. Cricket overcrowds itself with way to many international series.

Not just league and AFL but Football does it basketball does it baseball , netball all team sports really. Cricket overcrowds itself with way to many international series.

First match has started.

Holy **** Brett lee got him right in the nose blood pissing out like a fountain.

lol@ the baseball caps the sixers are wearing.

Macgill is to unfit to be playing seriously thats a joke at how slow hes running.

Sixers really are the glamour team l0l.

Edit:Macgill bowled well.

Sydney Sixers beat Brisbane Heat preety comfortably by 7 wickets.

Why aren't the Indian Players invited....?

Playing the Indian Players would have made the Big Bash a money spinner.

Back
Top Bottom