What's new

2 major arms recoveries: Terrorist attack averted

haviZsultan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NAB seize arms and Rs40 million in a raid​

PESHAWAR: A joint team of Hayatabad police and National Accountability Bureau (NAB) raided the house of budget officer Javed Khan of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa (KP) recovered cash and a large cache of weapons on Tuesday night.

Budget officer Javed is already in the custody of NAB due to the ‘Rs 7 billion arms, ammunition and equipment purchase scandal’. His house in phase four Hayatabad was raided, around mid night.

“We recovered Rs40 million from the house as well as automatic rifles and expensive hand guns too,” said an official of NAB while talking to the Express Tribune.

Earlier on February 22, NAB arrested Arshad Majeed, a contractor, and Javed Khan for their alleged involvement in irregularities in a Rs7 billion procurement deal in the year 2009-10. The contract was for arms, ammunition, related equipment and vehicles for the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP) police.

These weapons were purchased for KP police in the year 2009-10 and Arshad Majeed was paid in advance for this contract which is violation of the standard procedure. There are reports that the arms were accepted by the police authorities without proper testing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapons, Pakistan Army uniforms recovered from Lower Dir​

TIMERGARA: Security forces recovered a huge cache of arms and explosives along with uniforms of the Pakistan Army and Afghan National Army during a search operation in Lower Dir on Sunday.

Colonel Maqsood told the media that security forces had arrested two suspects in Tehsil Maidan who revealed the location of the hidden cache of arms and ammunition.

The cache included nine mines, seven hand grenades, three kilogrammes of explosives, 46 fuse, six detonators, four explosive boxes, one AK-47, one 7mm gun and a China-made assault rifle, said the police.

The recovered weapons were found dumped in several fields and houses, the colonel said.

He appreciated the locals of the area for cooperating with security forces in curbing militancy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explosives Seized: Three arrested with weapons on train​

QUETTA: At least three suspected terrorists were arrested in a Chaman passenger train and police seized a cache of arms and land mines off them.

Chaman Railway Police SHO Saifullah said that they were tipped off. The train was on its way from Chaman to Quetta.

Fifty landmines, 25 detonators, fuses, batteries and explosive materials were taken into custody.

The suspected terrorists were identified as Abdul Rehman, Jameel and Abdul Sammad. They belonged to Kalat province of Afghanistan.

“The explosive material was meant to be used in Quetta,” said Saifullah. A case has been registered.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

if these weapons are smashed under a roller in front of the media then we will be sure that the same weapons are not being used from stores that are put again and again on the white sheets

normally thats what the rest of the world does when it seizes such arms that have a risk of falling back in the wrong hands and such stores have been raised in the past already

if these weapons are smashed under a roller in front of the media then we will be sure that the same weapons are not being used from stores that are put again and again on the white sheets

normally thats what the rest of the world does when it seizes such arms that have a risk of falling back in the wrong hands and such stores have been raised in the past already

Isn't it done in Pak sometimes as well? I am pretty sure I saw weapons along with alcohol/whiskey being pressed under a road roller sometimes back in some place in Sindh...

yes was done with liqueur and narcotics but dont see those reports any more
because the media's got to show corpses draped in Edhi coffins these days

I was not being sarcastic, the weapons have been stolen so many times from armouries and kouts and many times false claims are made of seizing weapons but all you see is some discarded and rusty vintage guns and shells that resemble rocks.

look at the weapons held by the terrorists in comparison that are well polished and oiled. they dont use 303 and shotguns they carry AKMs , AK 74s and new AK 47s with muzzle suppressors

I was not being sarcastic, the weapons have been stolen so many times from armouries and kouts and many times false claims are made of seizing weapons but all you see is some discarded and rusty vintage guns and shells that resemble rocks.

Stolen by whom? Terrorists, guards themselves, or sold as scrap? And I am guessing that this stuff goes to army kouts and armories?

look at the weapons held by the terrorists in comparison that are well polished and oiled. they dont use 303 and shotguns they carry AKMs , AK 74s and new AK 47s with muzzle suppressors

A friend of mine narrates that some of the weapons they see with dead bodies of Taliban have modern grips, *****/stocks, sights and many other things you usually see with special forces. I am guessing stolen containers? But then again, weaponry doesnt go through containers and from Torkham.

Stolen by whom? Terrorists, guards themselves, or sold as scrap? And I am guessing that this stuff goes to army kouts and armories?
stolen by keepers of those stores. not all weapons are seized and kept by army. Police, FIA, customs etc all have their own lockers and its not just weapons but drugs, liqueur and other stuff also misplaced. there was some major news in the past about the attack or heist on one of such lockers where inside job was blamed.

A friend of mine narrates that some of the weapons they see with dead bodies of Taliban have modern grips, *****/stocks, sights and many other things you usually see with special forces. I am guessing stolen containers? But then again, weaponry doesnt go through containers and from Torkham.
thats true
thats why I dismiss the claims right away when they show old bolt action 7mm hunting rifles and rusting 12 bore shotguns along with few TT pistols with a claim of "huge weapons seized"

thats true
thats why I dismiss the claims right away when they show old bolt action 7mm hunting rifles and rusting 12 bore shotguns along with few TT pistols with a claim of "huge weapons seized"

Not to mention the "jadeed aslaha " claim with it!

2-27-2013_137997_1.gif

Good to see some progress but this alone is not enough, elimination of terrorism is required badly. Arresting these terrorists will not do any good when you have corrupt CJ to set them free & ****** Asma Jhangir to cry for them. Just kill them in action.

Pakistanis are a practical peoples, no point destroying money

Why does the army or police not keep the weaponry. I heard that almost in 90% of all the cases the police and army confiscate the weapons and put them to use for themselves. How do they find their way to ammunition stores Irfan?

Why does the army or police not keep the weaponry. I heard that almost in 90% of all the cases the police and army confiscate the weapons and put them to use for themselves. How do they find their way to ammunition stores Irfan?

No No No
you cant just pick up AK 47s and pass them to the soldiers, you need standardized weapons that have constant stream of support, repairs and supply of bullets and also if they are the same type (help in training in field repair and usage)

under dire situation there is no law preventing you from using even a ray gun if there is one can be salvaged and the own gun is not operational. but under normal circomstances you dont just start distributing fancy guns because

there are not many of them
there are questions about their viability (ammo, repair etc)

the only way such weapons can be used by military or police is if they are exactly the same bore , type and are absolutely cleared by the armorers (guys at the armoury )

in the mean time they are kept in کوت (weapons warehouses/ stores)
there is a chance they can do a disappearing act if someone in charge takes a fancy at them. if they are of prohibited bore then they cant be legally/ officially resold to general public.

a much larger regular army is standardized in terms of arms and training and takes ages to change. terrorists are much flexible and can adapt easily, they dont have long time goals anyway so they dont have to look after their weapon much specially when its being paid for by donations from local and overseas philanthropists . the small tactical units within a regular force or the special forces might be able to make use of such weapons because they are trained to master all known/ available weapons but again, they have to be checked by their armorers first and their use cleared by the decision makers.

I hope I make sense and have answered your question

We Congratulate the Pakistani forces on capturing these terrorists. It brings great relief and joy to see these terrorists fail in their attempt to cause damage and chaos. It also sends a strong message to the terrorists in regards to threatening the region’s sovereignty. Our forces will continue to target those who are working against our efforts to restore peace in the region. We have a joint responsibility of stabilizing the region, and the terrorists cannot break our shared will and desire to defeat terrorism. We hope to work closely and assist each other in negating the threat posed by these terrorist organizations. We reiterate what Richard Hoagland, the Charge d’Affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, said: “In this dangerous world where terrorists can strike at any moment, we must all work together – Pakistanis and Americans alike – because we have a strong mutual interest in defeating terrorism.”

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Good welcoming news! We thankyou for your support Mister Ali!

Back
Top Bottom