What's new

“Dear President, how can we help your country?” - AIIB

“Dear President, how can we help your country?” - AIIB

• Total voters
With the advent of social media
Media is a group of b**ches...The voice of a tiny fraction of people is heard and then brainwashes the rest. Just like air industry lobbyists both in China and USA. They will do everything to manipulate social trends. Just like what Chinese media has done after 2011 train accident in China. However, the public won't get fooled perennially, now they embrace the right thing.

Media is a group of b**ches...The voice of a tiny fraction of people is heard and then brainwashes the rest. Just like air industry lobbyists both in China and USA. They will do everything to manipulate social trends. Just like what Chinese media has done after 2011 train accident in China. However, the public won't get fooled perennially, now they embrace the right thing.

The problem in India is fringe political parties with 0% vote base start agitating, and other political parties are forced to join the agitation.. Its a chain reaction.. Finally when all the parties are paid some bribe they go off..
People are the losers in the end.. One disadvantage in India

India needs tech and some investment, Majority of investment can be generated by India. There are various means I guess.

I am not against foreign investment from China or Japan, But I am against monopoly.

I am not sure without foreign cos will provide tech or investment without major profit in return. Due to our sheer size investors will be sure of profit, no doubt.
Reg Infrastructure, I am now convinced, we are nowhere near China in Infrastructure, whether in airport or harbour or expressways. There are 10 lane roads, faster harbour clearances (we lag big time in port infrastructure). To make us a Investment hub we need the ports and roads first, faster. For fast we need money from foreign companies.

We can generate investment, but it shall take a lot of time.

The problem in India is fringe political parties with 0% vote base start agitating, and other political parties are forced to join the agitation.. Its a chain reaction.. Finally when all the parties are paid some bribe they go off..
People are the losers in the end.. One disadvantage in India

I am not sure without foreign cos will provide tech or investment without major profit in return. Due to our sheer size investors will be sure of profit, no doubt.
Reg Infrastructure, I am now convinced, we are nowhere near China in Infrastructure, whether in airport or harbour or expressways. There are 10 lane roads, faster harbour clearances (we lag big time in port infrastructure). To make us a Investment hub we need the ports and roads first, faster. For fast we need money from foreign companies.

Yesterday I took a train from my home to Shanghai. How I wish you were still here and then you could take me to the only Indian restaurant in Kunshan(I was stuck in Kunshan South Station for 19 miuntes yesterday just for four superior trains passing my train) which I have never tried before except for Indian desert and milk tea(very good) from my Indian friends.:-)

Last edited:
Yesterday I took a train from my home to Shanghai. How I wish you were still here and then you could take me to the only Indian restaurant in Kunshan(I was stuck in Kunshan South Station for 19 miuntes yesterday just for four superior trains passing my train) which I have never tried before except for Indian desert and milk tea(very good) from my Indian friends.:-)

I am pretty sure you can find many Indian restaurent in Shanghai. I am also missing my opportunity to explore Shanghai.

Try Chicken Curry gravy, Fish Gravy, Chicken-Mutton-Prawn Biryani . I am not sure if Chinese like spicy. :P

So true. This reminds of the upper/middle class empty-headed idiots in Sri Lanka. This group of people think that they know what's best for everyone and that they are most intelligent beings in the universe. It's an utter waste of time. Funny fact is that, since they are already wealthy, whatever they are protesting against, doesn't affect them under any circumstance. It's the less wealthy sections of the that have to pay the price. It doesn't accomplish anything but boost their own popularity. Utter waste of time and energy. I thought China is free from this plague because Chinese people seem to be more open minded. .

These are the types of people that I talked about: These are made regarding the port city project.

My only concern is why, WHY ? WHY did some politicals decided to do this. how much of internal land has been expolited and abused for all those thousands of tipper loads of granite that was brought here from inside of the land… where were they brought from, when they did the sea to mine sand, what happens to that area of the sea since this is not some natural formation. ok, leaving all that aside… why couldnt they develop the available land along the port side like mattakkuliya for such a project, we are still trying to find ways to reduce the garbage mountains…any bright ideas for recycling projects ? how about using sea water for renewble energy, how about developing the agriculture in this land, how about conserving the forests, the rivers, the lakes, the hills and most of all the culture, its no wonder why lost regime is fighting to get back on this selfish destructive road so many mysterious projects signed with no tranparency and the poor people have no idea that they maybe living on someone elses property.

Are people still stupid enough to believe all this bunkum about “development” when the fact of the matter is that “development,” corrupt or otherwise is the root of the insurmountable problems that we are bringing on ourselves, both rich and poor nations?

This is the Colombo Port City? - Icaruswept

This is the upper and middle class Sri Lanka for you and as I said the moron who says that "development brings insurmountable problems", probably enjoys a relatively comfortable life for himself. With this population, I can't see Sri Lanka reaching 10,000 USD GDP per capita in my lifetime. Good thing that I moved.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure you can find many Indian restaurent in Shanghai. I am also missing my opportunity to explore Shanghai.

Try Chicken Curry gravy, Fish Gravy, Chicken-Mutton-Prawn Biryani . I am not sure if Chinese like spicy. :P
Spicy? In my life, not a single one I've ever met can handle spicier food than me.
Breakfast in China:china:
屏幕快照 2015-04-08 23.39.02.png

Last edited:

We are just decade and half behind China !

Spicy? In my life, not a single one I've ever met can handle spicier food than me.
Breakfast in China:china:
View attachment 213129 View attachment 213130

I tried. But Chinese spicy is different than Indian spicy. I am not sure how to explain.

Try Indian foods, u can understand the difference :D

We are just decade and half behind China !

Maybe 25 years back. Building the infrastructure they have now, will take us atleast 20 years for us for sure.

As far as I'm concern, China's development is not even close to completion and we are contemplating assisting building for other countries.

Have history taught us nothing? Look at the recent halted projects from Mexico, Sri Lanka, etc.

We got hang up on the idea of exporting. We are too eager to "export". It's one thing to export made products, but it's a whole other matter to "export" infrastructure. Sending hundreds, even thousands of workers to foreign country to build roads, dams can bring huge social impact to the local people. This is a very complicated and risky business that we must think over very carefully.

In my opinion, China is simply not ready to do this. Don't we have enough to do internally? Let's focus on improving our internal infrastructure first. When our national strength reaches a level where other countries must think twice before dishonoring signed deals, we can gradually explore in that area.

I tried. But Chinese spicy is different than Indian spicy. I am not sure how to explain.

Try Indian foods, u can understand the difference :D

Maybe 25 years back. Building the infrastructure they have now, will take us atleast 20 years for us for sure.
Spicy? No, food in eastern China is not spicy at all!:lol:
@Shotgunner51 u know that...

Spicy? No, food in eastern China is not spicy at all!:lol:
@Shotgunner51 u know that...

Shanghainese traditionally don't east spicy food but the new generations just love it! Back to topic, other than road, expressways & bridges, the most important thing for most commuters would be urban mass transit system i.e. METRO.

750px-metro_systems.jpg

Thanks @TaiShang for the post China is killing it on this chart of the world's biggest metro systems

By now China's metro network is 2.4 times that of USA , 3.8 times that of Japan or Korea, and tops the world. Again given mass urbanization trend, China while expanding the exiting 22 metro cities, will roll out to others so altogether total 45 major cities will be covered by 2020.

Untitled2.png

China also have the capacity to help other countries in metro planning, financing, system manufacturing, civil engineering & operation. Let's bring the spree to other countries in need through AIIB!

Last edited:
@Yizhi Just find that you did tag about HSR, sorry, bro:cry:
ON TOPIC
(Datas and quotes selected from reports and database of World Bank)
An introduction of HSR in China(CRH)
(For more inforamtion about CRH, pls check
https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/)

屏幕快照 2015-03-10 17.33.30.png

The beginning

The sixth round of a series of “speed-up” campaigns, completed in April 2007, saw the introduction of China Rail-High Speed (CRH) services operated by China Railways
. It included improved schedules and tracks (about 6,000 km or so were upgraded) on a number of busy corridors and the introduction of a new generation of trains able to operate at top speed of 250 km/h.

2008, the first of a new generation of passenger dedicated HSR lines (PDL) started operating. In particular, the Beijing–Tianjin intercity HSR line opened in August 2008 with a maximum speed of 350 km/h and an average station-to-station speed of 240 km/h. In 2009, the WuGuang service started operating between Guangzhou and Wuhan via Changsha as the first major long- distance route (1,079 km of mainline).

Rapid expansion
By December 2012, both the 1,318 km JingHu (Beijing South – Shanghai Hongqiao) and 2,281 km JingGuang (Beijing West – Guangzhou South) passenger dedicated high speed lines became operational, connecting the three most vibrant economic clusters in China. A 693 km trip between Beijing West Station and Zhengzhou East Station can be completed in two hours 24 minutes, for an average station-to-station speed of 289 km/h. A 1,318 km trip between Beijing and Shanghai can be completed in four hours 48 minutes, for an average speed of 275 km/h.

At the end of October 2014, most of the metropolitan regions in China are either connected, or in the process of being connected, to lines with a maximum speed of 200 km/h or above.

Stunning, but far from adequate
In terms of sheer length(16,000 km), the Chinese HSR network is by far the largest in the world, followed by Spain (2,515 km at end 20134), Japan (2,388 km at end 2013), and France (2,036 km). However China is also much larger as a country and considering population densities and territorial spread, France may provide a useful benchmark as its core network is reaching overall maturity. If China was to develop as many kilometers of HSR line per inhabitant as France today, its HSR network would reach 43,000 km.

Busy and efficient
All CRH trains are operated with Electric Multiple Unit trains (EMU) consisting of eight or 16 carriages with a train capacity ranging from 494 seats to 1299 seats. Based on CRC train schedules (October 2014), up to 101 pairs of CRH trains are operated daily on busy routes and up to eight pairs of trains per hour are operated during peak hours. Traffic density on such routes is estimated at about 30-40 million passengers. Two types of services are provided; express trains stop only at major cities while other trains stop at intermediate stations. On medium density routes, 40 to 50 pairs of trains are operated daily.

Dramatic growth year by year
While conventional rail traffic grew at 1.5 percent annually, CRH traffic grew at 39 percent per annum since 2008. Unlike what was originally anticipated, as of 2013, CRH services had not yet led to a reduction in overall conventional train traffic at a network level. Rather, it provided for an accelerated growth in rail traffic, which the previous network, close to its full capacity, was unable to achieve. By October 1, 2014, CRH delivered an estimated 2.9 billion trips, with an estimated 1.9 billion on HSR lines.

Why choose HSR?
A large proportion of HSR riders belong to the 25- 55 age group, with many travelling for business (62% based on Tianjin-Jinan case study), with HSR facilitating an increase in trip frequency for businesses. The average length of travel for CRH passengers is about 330 km in 2013, but actual length varies substantially per line. A broad range of travelers of different income levels choose the HSR for its comfort, convenience, safety and punctuality over existing alternatives. Users perceive it as facilitating reunions with family and friends, tourism and access to job opportunities.

A major role during Spring Festival
屏幕快照 2015-03-18 20.0.png

New lines open in 2015
屏幕快照 2015-03-25 22.33.59.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-25 18.33.59.png

A CRH Depot in Wuhan(my city)

屏幕快照 2015-03-13 13.47.10.png

Build HSR in Developing Countries
It's not a joke.
HSR is normally defined as new lines of a maximum speed more than 250km/h. But I'd like to define it as more than 180-200km/h. (In China, the maximum speed of normal trains operate is less than 180km/h). There exist models like, HSR networks in small countries and big countries, developing countries and developed countries.

Build after it become affordable?
That's an excuse. When HSR construction is affordable, then it's too late: over-priced compensation for land and houses, over-priced human sources, over-priced rolling stock, etc. And obstacles like oppositions from
environmentalists, lobbying from competitors, over urban population density and limited space for construction will make it never happen when a country becomes developed and the fiscal capacity becomes more capable.

Dear President, help me us to build HSR!
We need decent, efficient and reasonably priced rides more than filthy, overcrowded and dangerous old trains, more than overpriced, uncomfortable and limited-service airplanes.

@DoTell Yes, HSR in China is far from enough, only 16,000km, very small in terms of length per capita. This year, another 5000km HSR lines will be put into operation, and more lines will start construction.

However, it's possible that we enlarge our domestic investment and meanwhile, output our technology, investments, and overcapacity to other developing countries and some middle-income countries in Europe as well. It's a win-win tragedy.

During this process, China will accomplish more innovation and inventions, like designing more types of locomotives and EMU/DMU based on local conditions and gain more experiences in building HSR for extreme weather and geologically complicated regions. And it's also about regional integration, which is our national interests and a way to cement China's role in Asia.

As the initiator of AIIB, China can and should fulfil her promises to the world, especially to her partners in AIIB. HSR, expressway, clean energy, high-tech, public health, etc., there are so many sectors where we can cooperate.

@Yizhi Again, sorry for my delay.
@Shotgunner51 Another nice thread.;)
Let's do it with assistance from AIIB in China, India, Pakistan, ASEAN, Middle East and Central Asia.
@Gufi @Armstrong @Azizam @powastick @ahojunk @Götterdämmerung et al

Shanghainese traditionally don't east spicy food but the new generations just love it!
"spicy food" in Shanghai is not spicy at all, Wuhan rocks!

Chinese infra will overtake US in a decade. No doubt about that.
We have a long way to go bro. Even as a country overtakes US is not something to be proud of. China has the largest control-access expressway and the largest HSR network, but when it comes to per capita, the conclusion is somewhat arrogant.
@Nihonjin1051 China(mainland China) is the least developed in major countries or regions in East Asia(HK, Macao, ROC, Japan, South Korea). If China achieves even an half of major index of Japan(GDP per capita, HSR mileage per capita, etc), East Asia will be undoubtedly the most developed region around the world. To attain that goal, Chinese need to work even harder. Maybe this generation cannot enjoy that goal, but for the future of our offsprings.

As far as I'm concern, China's development is not even close to completion and we are contemplating assisting building for other countries.

Have history taught us nothing? Look at the recent halted projects from Mexico, Sri Lanka, etc.
They are irrelevant topics, think more bro.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom