What's new

YJ-91 anti-ship missile

IJd1W.jpg

Soon a Surprise waiting……….for all

:meeting::meeting:

we need a super sonic anti-ship missle.

A pure supersonic missile is too expensive. Missiles like C-803 that go supersonic at terminal stage only are more cost effective. The technology is very easy. It is basically about turning on the engine all the way and stuff in a lot fuel. But what's the point when a missile cost a few millions with little benefit. The Brahmos comes with a 3 ton weight with only a 250 kg warhead. The same range C-803 weighs 850kg with 165kg warhead. The terminal stage C-803 goes Mach 2, while the Brahmos goes Mach 3. Basically the C-803 is about 70% as effective as Brahmos, but then what about cost?

The Brahmos costs about US $3 million dollars each one now days
The C-803 costs less than US 300k each one. At 10% you get about 70% effectiveness.

I'm wondering if JH-7/A is good for Paksitan coast defense?...equiped with this YJ-91 & extend with infly refueling, pakistan can extend a big sea area coverage protection.

Pakistan will replace Mirage III/Vs with JF-17s to carry Air Naval Ops. Pakistan's hands are full with F-16s, JF-17, some Mirages ROSE, J-10Bs soon to come, all non ROSE Mirages will be replaced. Perhaps when Mirage Roses are exiting we might order more J-10Bs or JH-7 variants.

A pure supersonic missile is too expensive. Missiles like C-803 that go supersonic at terminal stage only are more cost effective. The technology is very easy. It is basically about turning on the engine all the way and stuff in a lot fuel. But what's the point when a missile cost a few millions with little benefit. The Brahmos comes with a 3 ton weight with only a 250 kg warhead. The same range C-803 weighs 850kg with 165kg warhead. The terminal stage C-803 goes Mach 2, while the Brahmos goes Mach 3. Basically the C-803 is about 70% as effective as Brahmos, but then what about cost?

The Brahmos costs about US $3 million dollars each one now days
The C-803 costs less than US 300k each one. At 10% you get about 70% effectiveness.

Good information just one thing SD-10 costs $84,000, SD-10A could costs around $100,000 and SD-10B could cost $120,000 to 1,30,000 therefore I think C-803 could cost as much as between $1.6-2.0 million.

Good information just one thing SD-10 costs $84,000, SD-10A could costs around $100,000 and SD-10B could cost $120,000 to 1,30,000 therefore I think C-803 could cost as much as between $1.6-2.0 million.

I remember C-802 quoting by the PLA at RMB 400,000 (about US $64,000), so I don't think C-803 will go over $300k

After all, China makes everything in C-803. Lacking the ability to manufacturer its own, India has to pay the extortionate Russian price for the engine and guidance system for their Brahmos, so the price is naturally higher. Also the C-803 weighs less than one third of Brahmos. The fuel cost is also much lower. On top of this you add China's superior infrastructure of both manufacturing and logistics, the missile becomes very cheap.

Remember the report in 2006, Hezbollah hit one of the Israeli's ships with an Iranian C-802 copy? Do you honestly think that Hezbollah would use million dollar missiles?

As regarding SD-10 missiles, first of all your quote is export price, so it includes profit. Also, AA missiles may weigh less, but the guidance system is much more sophisticated than anti-ship missiles. The target is more agile and smaller, so basically you need better guidance system in a smaller frame, making it more expensive.

Here is the export price of other anti-ship missiles I managed to find:

U.S Harpoon 1 - 1.2 million
Korean SSM-700 L 1 million
U.S RIM 67 400k
Exocet 1 million

However, it is also said the China quoted Indonesia for about $400k for each C-802 missiles. But I can't confirm that. But that's the export price not the real cost.

Regardless none of the above even approaches Brahmos's 3 million dollar mark.

Specifications

Length: 4.7 metre
Diameter: 0.3602 metre
Weight: 600 kg
Warhead: 90 kg
Speed: > Mach 4.5
Minimum range: 5 km
Maximum range: 50 km (anti-ship version), 120 km (anti-radiation version)
Engine: ramjet with solid rocket fuel booster
Guidance: active radar homing (anti-ship version) & passive radar homing (anti-radiation version)
Developer: Hongdu Aviation Industry Corporation

That's awesome.

Not lower cost only but need't twin engine since you won't invade india.In emergine case,chinese aircraft will be 50% discount for **** so that you can get a twin engine with the cost of single engine.

Back
Top Bottom