What's new

WTF ...what did i just see ??

1. There is a nuclear delivery platform in final stages of pre-testing phase for the Navy.

2. There is a plan to deploy(at least in south Asia) the largest AIP equipped Submarine based on a modified Chinese design which is NOT the Qing.

3. The Agosta's tubes are not large enough to accommodate a babur but an alternative solution was planned but shelved. An earlier plan to base Shaheen missiles on Type-21s was also shelved.

1. i think you are talking about Sub launch babur ...with extended range ..

2. Pakistani Indigenous build Sub which is rumors since 2000's

3. that was a bad plan indeed cause eventually type 21 going to be retired .. and not so stealth and advance , so its foolish to put so valuable asset on a old ship

1. i think you are talking about Sub launch babur ...with extended range ..

2. Pakistani Indigenous build Sub which is rumors since 2000's

3. that was a bad plan indeed cause eventually type 21 going to be retired .. and not so stealth and advance , so its foolish to put so valuable asset on a old ship

1. Yes and No

2. No relation to the rumours

3. This plan was back in 95-8.. when the Shaheen was being developed.

1. Yes and No

2. No relation to the rumours

3. This plan was back in 95-8.. when the Shaheen was being developed.

so now ..
1. naval version of Babur but no extended range. . !!

2. ( kindly elaborate your second point ? ) or might be the one's which we were getting from Chinese ..probably S20, Qing or upgraded yuan..

3. ok .... but i have a question here , why not our navy ever try to launch Babur from Ships . like tomhawks ?

so now ..
1. naval version of Babur but no extended range. . !!

2. ( kindly elaborate your second point ? ) or might be the one's which we were getting from Chinese ..probably S20, Qing or upgraded yuan..

3. ok .... but i have a question here , why not our navy ever try to launch Babur from Ships . like tomhawks ?

1. Initial plan is to make Naval version of Babur operationalize. Range concerns come in later stages. The problem in developing Naval babur is many fold. The propulsion system which will take babur out of water. The guidance system would be modified. Flying over water requires a more sophisticated Nav system. Last known rumor of Pakistan Naval Babur secret test flights from off shore ranges was in 2010. Considering Land version took 10-15 years to develop and operationalize. Naval version would take atleast 5-10 years. 2015-2020 is the timeline when Naval babur would be made public

2. The rumors in 2000's about Naval Nuke submarine was actually Nuke reactor miniaturization. First rumor was in 2005-2006 as per which Pakistan was confident it can miniaturize nuke reactor Inhouse. Then come 2012 official rumour on PTV. A 5 year plan is in place to develop nuclear submarine which actually meant Pakistan has successfully or are in advance stages in Making nuke reactor small enough that can be fit in to Submarine. Then come Naval strategic forces command Now next stage from 2015 and onwards is finding an actual sub in which we can fit our homemade nuke reactor in to it. We are actually taking Indian path, how they developed their nuke sub basically.

2.5 Looking at holistic picture, Nuke submarine (including reactor miniaturization) and naval nuke delivery programs are running concurrently, What is holding them back is severe funding crunches from 2007 and onwards.

3. Because, you need Vertical Launch system which is not present on single one of our ships

Vertical launching system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google "American concerned about Pakistan Modifying Harpoon" and check what was Pakistan response to America
Sir i am not saying about harpoon or exocets. I am asking about babur-submarine launched version. :hitwall:

I dont trust this vid, i didn't even wathced it when he said Diesel submarines can't be detected and they can stay underwater til 3 months, only a Nuclear submarine can do that.

Hi,

I saw that and what a stupid video----. Only threat needs to be directed towards india and no one else---secondly----a very ignorant comment about the sonar----. American, british, French and the newest Russian nuc subs are the quitest----diesels are always noisy---it is the AIP that creates a problem----it is quiet----but not more than any American sub.

When the americans say that they cannot detect the sub---it s not that they completely did not detect it----they detected it inside of a certain parameter----that parameter has an enhanced threat level for their subs-----.

Once the sonar starts hitting----it recognizes everything and discloses its own location as well---so making itself vulnerable for a snap shot. Subs are detected by the noise and sound they create from inside of them and by their movement---like machine noise---bearing noise---propeller noise---cavitation noise---dropping equipment on the floor noise---.

Sensitive microphones pickup the noise and computers match it to man made or natural noise----. Sonar is the last thing the opponent would use to detect a sub.

This game is all about the sensors and listening devices and your electronics system and how quiet your sub is----.

1. Initial plan is to make Naval version of Babur operationalize. Range concerns come in later stages. The problem in developing Naval babur is many fold. The propulsion system which will take babur out of water. The guidance system would be modified. Flying over water requires a more sophisticated Nav system. Last known rumor of Pakistan Naval Babur secret test flights from off shore ranges was in 2010. Considering Land version took 10-15 years to develop and operationalize. Naval version would take atleast 5-10 years. 2015-2020 is the timeline when Naval babur would be made public

2. The rumors in 2000's about Naval Nuke submarine was actually Nuke reactor miniaturization. First rumor was in 2005-2006 as per which Pakistan was confident it can miniaturize nuke reactor Inhouse. Then come 2012 official rumour on PTV. A 5 year plan is in place to develop nuclear submarine which actually meant Pakistan has successfully or are in advance stages in Making nuke reactor small enough that can be fit in to Submarine. Then come Naval strategic forces command Now next stage from 2015 and onwards is finding an actual sub in which we can fit our homemade nuke reactor in to it. We are actually taking Indian path, how they developed their nuke sub basically.

2.5 Looking at holistic picture, Nuke submarine (including reactor miniaturization) and naval nuke delivery programs are running concurrently, What is holding them back is severe funding crunches from 2007 and onwards.

3. Because, you need Vertical Launch system which is not present on single one of our ships

Vertical launching system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

do you think than can possible Chinese sub ?

Back
Top Bottom